Gobble, Gobble, Gobble......Turkey Ban ON or OFF

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, stament said:

Turkey embargo is the USA only this also includes all poultry. I believe that when the new US Trade Representative gets through negotiating with Thailand they will lift the ban. The $15 billion imbalance of trade will also go away.

2 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

Well , what was told to me ,was a couple years ago when the bird flu was around , Thailand and other countries put a ban on fowl from the USA and 35 countries.  Also as I was told well before last year, all bans ,for this, had been lifted with the exception of the Thai ban on the USA poultry products.  So it seems obvious that there is some other conflict causing Thailand not to lift the ban.  Officials acting as children on a playground.  Again, this is what I was told,  so take all with a grain of salt. maybe yes, maybe no, TIT

Yearly the USA produces about 250 million turkeys. Twentynine percent are used for domestic consumption and balance are exported. I rather doubt that Thailand and the current government either knows or cares. When the next round of import negotiations come along they will remember fast. Thailand has no beef or turkey industries to protect. Both are so tough you can hardly chew them.

On 11/25/2016 at 9:10 AM, Gonzo the Face said:

Thats a good one 5555  ... a turkey mastectomy ???

Anyway hope all had a good feed for Thanksgiving Dinner....  But take note , those that had to work and were not able to feast away with the family......  and as usual for those good folks, know that will have the full Thanksgiving again on this Sunday.  We've done this for a number of years and people seem to appreciate it.  By the way,  our turkey is Norbest and non-mastectomied.

BTW, I wasn't joking about that. Someone earlier in this thread (not me) actually posted saying some of the turkeys being sold locally had had their breast meat removed.  I thought about the same phrase you used, but then decided best to avoid that reference. :tongue:

23 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

Thailand has no beef or turkey industries to protect. Both are so tough you can hardly chew them.

Thus far here, curiously, there hasn't been one member post I've seen reporting on how their experiment with Thai turkey for Thanksgiving may have gone...

For me, I'm waiting for an upcoming visit back to the U.S. to indulge excessively in the real thing!   :w00t:  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a big belated thank you to those members who stopped by for our Thanksgiving Dinner.  Sorry that we were a little late in getting our turkeys thus limiting our advance notice of the dinner.  Again thank you and to those not getting in , Christmas Dinner will again be available,

Thank You

Gonzo

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Just to report (maybe done already) Makro has a freezer full of pre cooked turkeys.

Hi,

Did you go deeply enough to know that all the parts were there (i.e., the dark meat, gizzard, etc.); wonder if the bird was cooked with some form of stuffing inside.

thanks, ~o:37;