Tour bus stuck after road collapse

rooster59

Tour bus stuck after road collapse

Eakkapop Thongtub

1472893514_1.jpg

PHUKET: A local tour bus remains perilously trapped after a section of narrow road in Srisoonthorn Sub-district collapsed due to heavy rain sweeping away its foundations.

No injuries have been reported and the bus was not carrying passengers at the time.

Srisoonthorn Municipality officials were notified of the incident at 9am this morning (Sep 3) and said that the driver had attempted to reverse out of the collapsed section of road shortly after it gave way, but the bus remained trapped.

Kamnan of Srisoonthorn Sub-district, Mr Kitisak Sodraksa, and other municipality officials arrived soon after to inspect the scene of the accident, which is located on the road behind Baan Lipon School Moo 1.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tour-bus-stuck-after-road-collapse-58967.php#H0fKZvV3T0OplQhO.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-03

17 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

Ah Yes, The government officials all can drive Mercs and such cars but they have no money for superstructure. TIT

Couple years ago I posted about a road I used to take to work where there was a large pot-hole that would be difficult to see when it rained. Quite often, over a couple of months, I would see cars with burst tyres sitting on the side of the side of the road near it.

One morning there was a large red plate Merc' in the same situation and the next day the pot-hole was repaired.

Pure Coincidence.

14 hours ago, sahibji said:

accident do happen. fortunately there were fatalities in this case.

Must have been Russians or Indians, as I imagine you'd feel a bit of sympathy for most other tourists. Or, perhaps, there were NO fatalities?