Israel targets Syrian army after errant fire hits Golan 

webfact

Israel targets Syrian army after errant fire hits Golan 

JERUSALEM (AP) — The Israeli military says it has fired at Syrian army cannons in the Syrian Golan Heights in response to mortar fire from Syria that hit the Israeli-held Golan Heights.

The army says that the mortars appeared to be errant fire from Syria's civil war, and were not deliberately targeting Israeli-held territory.

No injuries were reported Sunday.

The military says it holds the Syrian government accountable for the "blatant breach of Israeli sovereignty."

Israel has taken pains to stay on the sidelines of neighboring Syria's war, but has carried out similar reprisals on Syrian positions when errant fire has previously landed in Israeli-controlled territory.

Israel is also believed to have carried out airstrikes on arms shipments believed to be headed toward the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah, a close ally of Syria.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-09-05

1 hour ago, Class C said:

What is the situation now?

Is it just Israeli military and settlers in the Golan Heights?

Have the Palestinians and Syrians been ethnically cleansed already?

Edited by MisterTee
typo

Since when was the Golan Heights Israeli territory? Even if fanatically pro-Israel, consider how likely is the Syrian government fighting for its very survival on one front, likely to want to start a suicidal war on another front against a vastly superior force?

2 hours ago, Class C said:

Really? Will anyone (or the U.N.) do anything about that? Not in the forseeable future. There are more pressing problems in the Middle East at this time. 

This area was designated in 1974 as a demilitarized zone officially under control of the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) and the Syrian civilian administration, according to the 1974 armistice agreement.

The zone is 10 kilometers deep on each side and no ground-to-air missiles may be deployed inside a 25km radius from the DMZ.

To note that only the Zionist media covered the mortar strikes from Syrian side. Which it's still not clear who fired those mortar shells under UN controlled areas.

Huge IDF tank movements were noticed prior to the OP since new defence minister Lieberman (ex-bouncer) made his way to the Israeli defense office...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Do not mess with Israel.They do not fool around with their enemies!

So Syria is an enemy? Yes Israel treat everyone like crap including their allies. You have no idea how much they are taking the USA for, it is actually funny, and when you all realise the truth it will be too late.

The Golan heights are not Israeli sovereign territory !

The Israeli's admit that this was 'errant fire', nobody killed, nothing damaged, yet instead of using diplomacy and saying 'be careful' they open fire! They are war mongrels but they use devious underhand tactics to get everyone else to fight for what they themselves want and the US is the biggest dummy.

Israel will trigger world war 3 when it is ready and it will be blamed on others. BUT there will be no Revelation or 24 riders of the apocalypse or the saving of only believers. There will be an apocalypse for sure but all that will remain will be millions upon millions of dead civilians and the house of Zion will get its way

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Why would you want to stop your enemies killing each other? Sit back and watch the show, applause at appropriate moments.

If you were well read you would understand it is far far more complex than that. The problem is these days that most people can't be bothered to spend time reading, they just switch the box on and swallow the crap they are fed.

It's a matter of SECURITY for ISRAEL.

ISRAEL is a sovereign nation that has a right to exist and defend itself, and based on current geopolitical realities on the ground, that means a continued and likely permanent  presence in the Golan Heights. 

"In the stormy region around us, Israel is the stabilizing factor; Israel is the solution, not the problem."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/18/middleeast/israel-syria-golan-heights/index.html

10 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

If you were well read you would understand it is far far more complex than that. The problem is these days that most people can't be bothered to spend time reading, they just switch the box on and swallow the crap they are fed.

And if you were well bred, you might refrain from gratuitous insults. Nobody claimed Middle East politics are simple, only that the Israelis have no need to intervene in this conflict.

2 hours ago, Galactus said:

we never see those Israeli planes bombing ISIS. why?

Cause the US don't want the Israelis to further muddy the waters in Syria & Iraq. A Bit of a parallel as to why Israel's were requested not to respond to Iraqi missile fire in Gulf War1.

15 minutes ago, halloween said:

And if you were well bred, you might refrain from gratuitous insults. Nobody claimed Middle East politics are simple, only that the Israelis have no need to intervene in this conflict.

You think that was a 'gratuitous insult', my what a sensitive petal you are. I hope you are never on the end of a couple of other forum members on this thread who throw insults around as if they are their oxygen. I must remember that one. In future instead of telling someone to poke off when they have angered me I will say "if you were well read" and see if it gets them cussing and spitting and rolling their sleeves up.

I was talking about your requirement to read more, and you then question my parentage! Who exactly is throwing around a 'gratuitous insult'?

Now you go and lay down, everything will be alright honest, .........:crying:

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Do not mess with Israel.They do not fool around with their enemies!

Israel has been occupying the Golan Hights sins 1967 so basically they attacked the Syrian army for mortar shells landing on Syrian territory!

If any other country did what Israel has been doing sins it was founded it would be big protests around the world but as soon anyone criticizes Israel they cry antisemitism (even if the one complaining is Jewish and/or survivor from the concentration camps) and tell us to remember WWII... Only thing the Israelis learned from WWII is to hate and kill non Jews!

When the publisher of Mein Kampf decided to pay their earnings to other groups in need this year the Jewish groups started protests because that money should go to Jewish survivors and Jewish organizations, but what about all other survivors (homosexuals, Jehovahs witnesses, communists, Romani and so on) from the concentration camps that get nothing... They don't count in this talk about survivors as they are non-Jewish!

59 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

Israel has been occupying the Golan Hights sins 1967 so basically they attacked the Syrian army for mortar shells landing on Syrian territory!

If any other country did what Israel has been doing sins it was founded it would be big protests around the world but as soon anyone criticizes Israel they cry antisemitism (even if the one complaining is Jewish and/or survivor from the concentration camps) and tell us to remember WWII... Only thing the Israelis learned from WWII is to hate and kill non Jews!

When the publisher of Mein Kampf decided to pay their earnings to other groups in need this year the Jewish groups started protests because that money should go to Jewish survivors and Jewish organizations, but what about all other survivors (homosexuals, Jehovahs witnesses, communists, Romani and so on) from the concentration camps that get nothing... They don't count in this talk about survivors as they are non-Jewish!

Typical example of toxic Israel demonization.

The exact opposite is true of your hateful assertions. Numerous nations do much worse than Israel but the obsessive (and very often Jew hating) Israel demonization agenda focuses only on Israel, the only nation state in the world associated with Jews. 

I consider your post disgusting HATE SPEECH, and another attempt to INFECT others with it. 

Although dont fancy Israeli aggression and would like to criticize this action, i dont trust Assad and his fascist forces and my trust levels to Assad is lower than Israel to be honest.

Still once Assad is gone, Israel needs to hand Golan Heights stolen from Syria back to Syria and stop its aggression.

Cause the US don't want the Israelis to further muddy the waters in Syria & Iraq. A Bit of a parallel as to why Israel's were requested not to respond to Iraqi missile fire in Gulf War1.

and that is why ISIS dont attack Israel too? like a mutual agreement?

Edited by Galactus

49 minutes ago, Steely Dan said:

Perhaps Israel should have carved out an extra 91km of buffer zone starting from the current border. I'm sure such a move would have been greeted with silence from our esteemed members, if their lack of comment concerning the current Turkish military action is anything to go by.

occupying a land for a while to kill the terrorists is something, keeping the land, stealing and claiming like that is yours is another. how many years now Israel is occupying there 50 years, no?

and all i know there are plans to insert some Israeli settlers to Golan Heights too.

a poor comparison imo.

2 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

I think you're mudying the waters a bit mate! The Middle East has been a "dogs dinner" since 1948! A perfect solution would be via the photo attached !

problem solved.jpg

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Typical example of toxic Israel demonization.

The exact opposite is true of your hateful assertions. Numerous nations do much worse than Israel but the obsessive (and very often Jew hating) Israel demonization agenda focuses only on Israel, the only nation state in the world associated with Jews. 

I consider your post disgusting HATE SPEECH, and another attempt to INFECT others with it. 

Are you joking?  If anything the media has largely ignored the Palestinians and is very pro Jewish.

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

So Syria is an enemy? 

You do not realize that?

Syria has fought against Israel in three major wars - all of which they have lost. Israel took the Golan Heights away from them because the Syrians constantly used it as military stronghold with geographical advantages that were difficult to counter militarily. They can not use it to attack Israel effectively as long as it is occupied.

Edited by Ulysses G.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

They can not use it to attack Israel effectively as long as it is occupied.

If my increasingly feeble mind is correct, Israel annexed parts of the Golan Heights and thus it is not an occupied territory like the West Bank and should not be conflated with the issues in the West Bank.  The Heights are largely a rock strewn wasteland that never did have much of a Muslim Arab presence, a relatively remote area largely used historically as a refuge from persecution by the Druze minority, a non-Muslim sect.  Ironically Syria is ruled by a somewhat similar minority, the Alawites, although the Alawites consider themselves to be Muslim.

Some posters here try to ignore the importance of the illegal occupation of the Golan heights by Israel.

The Sea of Galilee is a part of the illegal occupation.
The lake is mainly fed by the Jordan River and drained by it, the lake serves as Israel’s chief water reservoir.

Another violation of international conventions in confiscated natural resources.

Moreover, the Israeli's are drilling oil and gas from the same occupied Syrian territories.

To keep control over these natural resources its important to report here and there some 'hostilities' like in OP.

In that region, it's not important what you see, but it's rather more important what you believe...