Strange Thing On My Tourist Visa

Hi All,

I recently did a visa run to Georgetown and got a triple entry tourist visa - easy, as always. However, coming back into Thailand the border guard asked me what kind of visa it was - he was confused, I was confused etc etc because under "Category" instead of TR as usual it has MT... does anyone else have this? The guard reckoned it was a typo (!) so I just smiled.

But having just read the new rules about back to back tourist visas (Link) I'm wondering - this is my 3rd tourist visa in a row. Is it a new category identifying me as being on my last visa perhaps?

Any ideas, would love to hear them!

thanks

Neph.

Hi All,

I recently did a visa run to Georgetown and got a triple entry tourist visa - easy, as always. However, coming back into Thailand the border guard asked me what kind of visa it was - he was confused, I was confused etc etc because under "Category" instead of TR as usual it has MT... does anyone else have this? The guard reckoned it was a typo (!) so I just smiled.

But having just read the new rules about back to back tourist visas (Link) I'm wondering - this is my 3rd tourist visa in a row. Is it a new category identifying me as being on my last visa perhaps?

Any ideas, would love to hear them!

thanks

Neph.

MT sounds like it might stand for MULTIPLE entry TOURIST visa since you said you have a triple entry.

If they give you a triple entry at the embassy,but you all ready have several old tourist visa's back to back,will you still be turned away at the border,even if the embassy or consulate has granted it.Surly they(the consulate) will be the ones to say weather you have entry or not.

Sorry off your topic from what you asked, but the other tread is getting rather long

If they give you a triple entry at the embassy,but you all ready have several old tourist visa's back to back,will you still be turned away at the border,even if the embassy or consulate has granted it.Surly they(the consulate) will be the ones to say weather you have entry or not.

To have the visa gives you a very high chance the immigration fellow follows.

As a basic rule, it is at the port of entry to be decided, but highly unlikely they will give trouble, unless there is something more in the database...

Sorry off your topic from what you asked, but the other tread is getting rather long

i would say that if you were issued a valid tourist visa sticker in your passport from a thai consulate, you are going to be allowed entry back into thailand .

however, it is always up to the immigration officer at the border who has the final say. If you rubbed him the wrong way or if something negative showed up on his computer after you were issued the visa from a consulate, the void stamp would come out rather quickly.