What to do when the neighbors start taking in Chinese tour groups?

snoop1130

What to do when the neighbors start taking in Chinese tour groups?

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMi8yMDYwNzY2LzIuanBn.jpg

A Chiang Mai man and his wife are getting a lot of sympathy online after telling their story about a neighbor at their fancy, new housing development who is running a Chinese tour business out of his properties.

The neighbor's two existing properties have both been extended with swimming pools and Chinese tourists are coming there for parties at all times of the day and night.

The Thai man - called Khun Drift online - said that him and his wife were being annoyed all the time. He said the Chinese arrived 4- 10 at a time and were always different people. 

They were noisy and wandered around the streets playing hover board.

In addition they were smoking, spitting and photo taking.

There were even late night pool parties going on until 3am.

He said he had complained but there was no juristic person office in charge at the estate yet. Action was promised when the office was set up but for now the noisy neighbor and his Chinese tour groups would just be warned.

Most worrying was that when the man approached his neighbor he was told that he would stop this behavior. He did no such thing - in fact it was discovered that he had bought three other identical properties in the estate and had extended them for the same purpose.

All the local authority have done is tax the neighbor for running a rental business.

So the house owner has complained to the "court of social media" on Facebook where he is getting nothing except a fair amount of sympathy and a lot of comment about his predicament.

Up until Monday the story had been shared 37,500 times.

Source: http://news.sanook.com/2060766/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-05

13 hours ago, thai3 said:

Get some vicious dogs and let them out

Normally I'd be against dogs in the street but in this case!!!......trouble is the Chinese might just see this as free food....hard to tell which way it would go.

I would strongly suggest this resident get a large stereo set with 2m high woofers and play very LOUD reggae music or Barry Manilow tracks, lock the house up and go on a 4 week holiday after setting CCTV cameras to run and record the access to the house.

You have the same problem in some condo buildings in Pattaya but there it's not the Chinese it's russian families that rent a condo for 6-10 people and party whole night. 

Nothing you can do there either just have to live with it, just feel bad for the renters since it comes with a high repair cost after each group leaves.

How does he know they are tour groups. They might just be family visitors. I have many visitors to my home. My neighbours complained because their own dogs bark, every time someone comes to visit. Therefore disturbing their quiet day. That man owns the house, he bought it and he can have anyone he likes come to visit. Just because the neighbours don't have any friends, that's not his fault. 

Live and let live. 

Yes the dirty Chinese. I had one in a 7 standing that close to me while I was waiting to complete my transaction. Almost pushing me put of the way. Mind you I are 85kg ripped he was 65kg. The attendant himself laughed..A cold stare down solved the issue. Better than a backhander. These Chinese are a menace. No respect. In there country mum cuts a hole in the kids pants to acquire easy access for a shit in the street. Who wants them lol.

4 minutes ago, Clamhua said:

Is the Thai neighbour being a tad racist? Would he be complaining this much if they were Thais?

Just asking

I've been in the vicinity of Thai tourists, I've also been in the vicinity of Chinese tourists, I know there's nothing to complain about amongst Thai tourists, compared to Chinese tourists.

There must be some type of zoning in a village that would not permit this even here in Thailand, I know TIT...
Perhaps he should try to sell his house to the Chinese who are doing this.
I like the sugar approach and also the music and dogs. You need to find some music or signs that really upsets the Chinese and make sure every arriving tourist gets their introduction.
Get a bunch of angry looking bikers with big noisy bikes to sit in front of the house and intimidate everyone and party.
You have to fight fire with fire !

This idea of fire with fire is quite silly, and would annoy more than the person renting out their house to tourists. It is obvious that the housing estate is not doing their job of enforcing basic rules. Either the rules exist, or not, but no enforcement and none likely. Since the owner has bought more property to do the same, this is someone with money, which means people will not want to cause trouble. There is only one thing to do: move out. Better, have the bad neighbor buy the property. 

You can probably purchase a "police-raid" to shutdown the operation.  Money is a strong motivating factor in obtaining social justice. At least, that is what I have heard, not withstanding the new Thailand where corruption is a thing of the past.  :wai2:

Various ways to go..serious or fun, legal or illegal?

Lawyer, Po-Lease, 6am noisy wake up calls, join in the party, air rifle, pull the fuses, poisoned free food, pro Tibet signs, super strength stink bombs, move, ....but whatever you do, don't ask for help from TVF.