Retirement Extension Seasoning of Funds Question

Thank you all for your input.

Today, was a very disappointing day.

My extension was denied and was told to come back after my bank funds were seasoned by 3 months which is only a few weeks away as I recall. Please note that I presented the combination 800,000+ in the Thai bank plus my monthly foreign income and Embassy letter.

I was also told that my savings book had to be updated today!  I was never told this before in past years. My bank certification letter and savings book was dated yesterday.  That request is absurd as I had to get at District 1 Immigration at 7 am and even then I was 40th in line! The banks were closed. On the way home I tried to update it by the bank machine at the BTS and a error message said, 'see staff, magnetic error."!

I had a very frustrating 15 minute conversation with the supervisor and she would not listen to anything I presented, including the copy of their own Q&A off their web site.

A very disgusting day indeed.

I had to cancel my future trip so I could return to the gauntlet in a few weeks. 

The Supervisor tried to sell starting all over with an O visa if the retirement extension expired while I was out of the country.

A real waste of time for me and the Officers.

I saw many applicants arguing with Supervisors.

I can understand now why many expats are leaving.

After 10 years living here, I did not feel welcome today,  whatsoever.

It would be a whole lot easier for them and for us if they would just follow their own written rules!

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

Thank you all for your input.

Today, was a very disappointing day.

My extension was denied and was told to come back after my bank funds were seasoned by 3 months which is only a few weeks away as I recall. Please note that I presented the combination 800,000+ in the Thai bank plus my monthly foreign income and Embassy letter.

I was also told that my savings book had to be updated today!  I was never told this before in past years. My bank certification letter and savings book was dated yesterday.  That request is absurd as I had to get at District 1 Immigration at 7 am and even then I was 40th in line! The banks were closed. On the way home I tried to update it by the bank machine at the BTS and a error message said, 'see staff, magnetic error."!

I had a very frustrating 15 minute conversation with the supervisor and she would not listen to anything I presented, including the copy of their own Q&A off their web site.

A very disgusting day indeed.

I had to cancel my future trip so I could return to the gauntlet in a few weeks. 

The Supervisor tried to sell starting all over with an O visa if the retirement extension expired while I was out of the country.

A real waste of time for me and the Officers.

I saw many applicants arguing with Supervisors.

I can understand now why many expats are leaving.

After 10 years living here, I did not feel welcome today,  whatsoever.

It would be a whole lot easier for them and for us if they would just follow their own written rules!

So you attempted an extension without properly seasoned bank funds ? What is surprising about the denial in this case ? 

Well, the truth is that money seasoning is not required according to the written rules for COMBO applications, but more and more offices in recent years seem to be enforcing that anyway!

Seasoning is ALWAYS required (and clearly written in the rules) for full bank account applications  (800K). 

13 hours ago, tonray said:

So you attempted an extension without properly seasoned bank funds ? What is surprising about the denial in this case ? 

Before making  sarcastic remarks you should understand the written rules in the Immigration's own website regarding combination of funds.  Not only do you look foolish, your content could be alleged by some as being a Troll.  Apparently you didn't even take time to read my entire explaination and all the responses.

• Like 1

All bank deposits (whole or part of the requirement)have been required to be seasoned in Phuket Immi for at least two years.

When I argued about this, even producing the Police Order referred to in both English and Thai I was told in no uncertain terms by the Captain "I'm the Boss here - I decide the Rules".

That's why I keep pointing out that Police Orders are not applied uniformly throughout Thai Immi offices.

Local Rules are what you should follow.