Thai monk tells story behind viral photos of elephants ‘making merit’ 

webfact

Thai monk tells story behind viral photos of elephants ‘making merit’ (PHOTOS)

By Coconuts Bangkok 

elephant_8.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Photos of elephants kneeling and putting their offerings into a monk’s alms bowl went viral this week as the public questioned whether these unbelievable shots are legit. Yesterday, the Thai monk in the photo was identified and he told a story behind the photos.

It turns out the photo set was taken at Pa Ajiang Monastery, in Surin province, where they raised the elephants. Phra Kru Samuharn, who was in the photo, told reporters that the photos are not photoshopped.

The photos show the elephants lining up to make merit as they kneel and put food in the monk’s alms bowl. 

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/06/thai-monk-tells-story-behind-viral-photos-elephants-making-merit-photos

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-06

No, the elephants are not making merit. Animals don't believe in religion or superstition. They are wild animals who'd much rather be free to roam as a 'wild' animal. I don't know much about Buddha, but I think he'd want the same. 

To paraphrase Thomas Jefferson "Sometimes the only weapon against this moronic behaviour is ridicule". 

Perhaps it is time for  the Thai monks  to find a way to ask the elephants where they (the monks) went wrong. The spaceship monk, the tiger monk,. the jet-set monk, the protest monk.

Elephants are wiser and smarter than some, if not all, of these men dressed in saffron.

The elephant is not making merit and everybody who believes such BS should have his/ her head examined!

The animal is trained (as in "has his will broken") to perform this stunt and the monk should be ashamed, to tell such an idiotic story!

...and I will now wait for a pig to fly by my window, which is as likely to happen...

4 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Trained. As are 99.9% of religious compliants !

not just religious compliant's,we are all trained in one way or another, it's what society does. it's where PC nonsense comes from or saluting the flag, patriotism, trusting authority, believing that a gold medal win had anything to do with you, etc.  

not just religious compliant's,we are all trained in one way or another, it's what society does. it's where PC nonsense comes from or saluting the flag, patriotism, trusting authority, believing that a gold medal win had anything to do with you, etc.  

:( So should I vote   for  Hillary  or   Howard?????? FGS   , help!:cheesy:

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

:( So should I vote   for  Hillary  or   Howard?????? FGS   , help!:cheesy:

Nobody, i don't care which bunch of self serving idiots is in government, the establishment rules no matter where you put your cross.