Can you buy two re-entry permits simultaneously?

I'm on a retirement extension that expires in early February, and I knew I was going to leave at Christmas time so I bought a single re-entry permit when I did my last 90 day report at Chaengwattana.

But I'm now going to do a trip out of Thailand before Christmas as well.  Being thrifty I just need one more re-entry permit, not a multi, so it would make sense to buy it when I have to go to do my next 90 day report in a few weeks.

However I will have an unused re-entry permit already in the passport. Does it matter, and can I just buy another stamp before using the first one? 

Will it cause confusion at re-entry if I have more than one re-entry permit in the passport?

You could ask, but I doubt you'd get another re-entry permit all the time you have an unused one in your passport. They are linked to your permission to stay rather than a specific trip.

If you don't need to visit CW between the two exits, you can buy a re-entry permit at the airport (and some land borders) on the way out in December.

Edited by elviajero