Incoming Thai army commander to continue work of predecessor

webfact

Incoming army commander to continue work of predecessor

BANGKOK, 13 September 2016 (NNT) – The successor to the current Royal Thai Army Commander has affirmed he will continue the ongoing missions of the army and will support the work and policies of the government and the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to maintain security in the nation. 

Deputy Army Commander Gen Chalermchai Sittisat, soon to succeed the current army commander, has voiced appreciation towards His Majesty the King for validating his appointment. He remarked that he will perform his duties to the utmost and uphold the policies of both the administration and the NCPO. 

He let on that at a recent meeting with the prime minister, he was instructed to maintain the nation’s troops and address the southern border region insurgency. 

Gen Chalermchai affirmed he would continue the work of his predecessor Gen Theerachai Nakwanich, who he said focused on teamwork, inclusiveness and prioritization of issues. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-13

4 minutes ago, bark said:

The way it is now, is better then two years ago; in regards to doing business. So if it stay the same, I am happy.

Well yes, we established some time ago that the rights freedoms and futures of the Thai people can go to hell in a handcart as long as you can " still do business "!

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"... continue work of predecessor." I am sure we will all sleep better tonight knowing this.

Sounds like the mantra for the upcoming elections. Play follow the leader maybe even install the leader in a legal sense rather than a article 44 winner take all. 

Teamwork and prioritising....novel.

So the obedience-time plot curve had begun. Newly appointed grateful, lots of lowered head, krabs, loyal public statements, lay it on thick, for maximum show. Give it time, and it will wane, but will he or won't he do the dip...nose dive the obedience-time rating, ending in who knows what...one to watch folks.

So, the new Army Commander is instructed to maintain the Nation's troops and to deal with the Southern Insurgency.  I wonder what he expected he would have to do?  Oh I forgot, lead somewhat pointless raiding parties on the nation's dens of iniquity in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket, since the police appear to be reluctant to do it themselves, for some unknown reason. ;)