new requirment for 90-day report..

Went to Chonburi today for my Yearly extension (no problem at all ) and did my 90day report at the same time.

Had passport and the personal infoform filled in. Not enough. Had to go outside to copy my passport as well.

No big deal. But I just want to save You some time..so I suppose that it is three criteria for the 90day report

nowadays. The staff very nice and friendly..

Have a nice evening..

What would they do here in Thailand without the availability of photocopiers. As an ex Military Administrator it pains me to see all the needless copying of passports, yellow books etc. Each person has a file, whether physical or computer based, and it should reflect that a passport is still valid until Year 20xx, once the master copy is in place, no further need for 90 day reports or annual extensions to be accompanied by copies which simply repeat already available information. Why does my bank need a copy of my passport, my signature on the copy, when all I need is a statement of account? Plus 200 baht!!

• Like 1

At Jomtien (Chonburi Immigration Branch) there is nothing needed at all.....90 day reports are being dealt by the computer. 

Just the passport and the white/blue slip you got last visit. 

Maybe the extra copy was needed for either the 90-day extension or the personal info form.

Last option is that they will ask every "customer" for some extra copy in order to keep the copy business running which probably belongs to one of the officer's relatives. 

• Like 2

I did a 90 day report (Extension of Stay: Retirement) yesterday at Chaeng Watthana, just the TM.47, along with passport and TM.6, no copies requested, no personal information form required.

I did get a strange question: the officer asked me twice "Did you come alone today?" I answered "No" both times, but wasn't exactly sure what she might have meant.

Before in Jomtien only passport with the slip. then passort with the slip +

personal info form. the 14th of Sep they also asked for a copy of the passport...no big issue. Wish all applications were as simple as this..;)

8 hours ago, stereolab said:

What would they do here in Thailand without the availability of photocopiers. As an ex Military Administrator it pains me to see all the needless copying of passports, yellow books etc. Each person has a file, whether physical or computer based, and it should reflect that a passport is still valid until Year 20xx, once the master copy is in place, no further need for 90 day reports or annual extensions to be accompanied by copies which simply repeat already available information. Why does my bank need a copy of my passport, my signature on the copy, when all I need is a statement of account? Plus 200 baht!!

saves the office money on paper... blank sides of these pages are usually used at immigration offices for printing, copying etc.. my current 90 day slip has the details of some previous visitor on the reverse... tm47 appears to have a page of someone's accounts as well...

I did my last 90 day report at Nakhon Sawan in July. All they needed was my passport and the previous report.

They removed the old paper, scanned my passport, printed out the completed form and gave me their bit to sign. I did that and they signed my bit, stapled it into my passport and it was all done in a couple of minutes.

Edited by billd766
bad speeling
  • Like 1