Udon Thani man goes to visit his buddy - finds his body and head in a sack and his arms and legs in a bucket

webfact

Udon Thani man goes to visit his buddy - finds his body and head in a sack and his arms and legs in a bucket

a5.jpg

Image: Daily News

UDON THANI: -- A villager in Udon came across the ghastliest of scenes yesterday when he went to visit a friend who lived in a hut in a sugar cane plantation.

Teerayut Promkhao, 40,  called out to his friend thinking he was still asleep in the early morning hours. But he was not in his bed under the mosquito net, reported Daily News.

So he went to the kitchen area and found a trail of blood leading outside.

His friend's head and torso was stuffed in a fertilizer sack. Next to that were his friend's arms severed at the shoulder and legs cut off at the knee.

These four limbs were stuffed in a blue bucket. Two large kitchen knives were laying about.

He rode off in a panic and called the cops. The grisly murder happened about one kilometer from the village of Non Sawan.

The dead man was Panya Thongsri, 50, who was looking after the 50 rai plantation for his wife who was working in Korea.

Police found a red bicycle at the scene that they think belongs to the murderer. He is believed to have rode off on the victim's Honda Click motorbike.

Sticky rice was still steaming on the stove.

Huay Luang police think that the murderer cut up the body and intended to conceal it but was disturbed by someone nearby tending their fields. So he fled on the victim's motorcycle. 

He had attacked the victim from behind so violently that his brains were splattered over the ground.

Various witnesses told stories of disputes between the victim and his wife and other members of his wife's family over the ownership of the land. The disputes centered around alleged favoritism shown to the victim and his wife over other members of the wife's extended family.

The victim's younger brother said that Panya had told him of a previous attack by relatives that he had not reported to police.

Police are studying DNA evidence and CCTV footage in the area to determine the identity of the murderer. They are convinced that it is a close relative they are after.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-16

This kind of thing happens every now and again, it's nothing to worry about really. Remember, this is Thailand.

Sounds to me like someone was either disturbed during the dismemberment and disposal / cleaning up stage of the murder or perhaps they just got drunk and couldn't be bothered to finish the job properly.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

What is the chance of CCTV being recorded in a rural Thai village?

every ATM has a built in camera. many have provided useful footage to solve many crimes. ATMs are everywhere and face the road. they know what the victims bike looks like and the time so seeing who is riding his bike will almost certainly solve the crime. if not then maybe a gas station or 7/11 cameras might do the trick.

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This kind of thing happens every now and again, it's nothing to worry about really. Remember, this is Thailand.

Sounds to me like someone was either disturbed during the dismemberment and disposal / cleaning up stage of the murder or perhaps they just got drunk and couldn't be bothered to finish the job properly.

Oh dear, nothing to worry about, I suppose if you are dead you will have stopped worrying

Some very disturbed people around, sadly

I read on another post a bar owner went to police and complained about local mafia

As we know Thailand has a few problems, I happen to love the country, BUT and a very BIG BUT, if you are unhappy quickly and quietly leave, families can be far more evil than the worst wives

A couple of sacks two trips on the moped and all gone!!!, burnt shack down as well

2 hours ago, ebonykap said:

"......his brains were splattered over the ground. "

Way, way too much information!

It wasnt all that long ago that we may have seen the unedited version of the photos .  The perpetrator must have really been pissed at this guy.

No, cannot be suicide, he wasn't farang. CC has it right and where to start looking. The cutting up of the body actually sounds like a farang hit, but hey Thais do the same at times. Semi-pro? I wonder if there was a hog farm nearby? Dime to a dollar most evidence, fingerprints, footprints oh hell the whole crime scene was screwed up by the keystone cops.

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

every ATM has a built in camera. many have provided useful footage to solve many crimes. ATMs are everywhere and face the road. they know what the victims bike looks like and the time so seeing who is riding his bike will almost certainly solve the crime. if not then maybe a gas station or 7/11 cameras might do the trick.

Just how much CCTV and ATM cameras are located in 'baan nok"?   I bet the nearest 7-11 is miles away.

15 hours ago, Thailsacien said:

It's a suicide...

Even the BIB are not that stupid are they?

Yes, you have to watch out for the family. Been there done that.

I'm alive still so far.

RIP Panya, I guess he didn't know much about it, hit from behind so hard.

You made me laugh Thailsacian anyway, but this is Thai on Thai.

:burp: