got laos visa now need to extend for 30 days, stamp is 27th sep if i go on 21st sep will i lose the 6 days???

laos visa 27th july then says enter before 26 oct 2016 so means i have to go immigration 26th sep to extend for 30 days right? if i go on 21st sept will they stamp me in from that day there fore losing the 6 days or will they stamp me in as if i came on the 26th?

What is the admitted until date on the entry stamp you got from immigration on entry. It will be 60 days from the date you entered the country.

You can go to immigration a couple of weeks before the admitted until date to apply for the extension and will loose no days.

6 minutes ago, stevymac said:

cheers, so i wont lose any days . good news thanks for the help. another question is, how far in advance can you go to get an extension? for eg if my stamp was on 26th could i go on say the 1st and still not lose any days?

That varies from immigration office to immigration office. For tourist visa extensions, I think all offices will do it 7 days in advance, some up to 15 days. You would need to find them in a good mood, and dream up a reason, to extend 26 days ahead. If they agree to do it, you will lose no days.

No, for an extension  the 30 days are just added on to your old depature date (that was stamped in your passport when you entered the country).

However, as pointed out by another responder the day you get the extension is counted as day one of the extension so you actually get 29 days added on to the stamped expiration date.

42 minutes ago, stevymac said:

ubone jone  stamp says enter before 26 oct 2016 got the 90 day tourist visa in laos 27 july 2016

That would be on the visa sticker which is 3 months from the date of issue.

If you entered the country on the 27th of July your admitted until date would be September 24th. Look in your passport for the entry stamp that has the admitted until date on it.

The dates on your Tourist Visa are not important anymore as you have already entered the country and used the visa.

"stamp is 27th sept"

• If you have permission to stay ('Admitted until' date stamped in you passport) until September 27th you should have no problem applying for the extension on September 21st.
  • Day 1 of the 30 day extension would be September 28th regardless of how early you apply. 
Edited by elviajero

You said you got a lao visa.  So do you have a Laos visa to visit Laos, or did you get a Thailand visa in Laos?  If you have a Laos visa to visit Laos, then it is better to cross the boarder into Thailand and back to Laos than to get an extension - tourist visa extensions are expensive in Laos.

If you are asking about a Thailand visa you got in Laos, then some of the replies are probably correct.