New Start In Thailand For Us And Are Family

thai-dreams

Hi all

My partner visited thailand a few months ago and since then we have talked about moveing to thailand and setting up home there for us and the kids!!

i think it is a great idea but got lots of things to think about besides saving!! education, housing will i love it there so many miles from my native Liverpool!!!

just would love to hear from families who have started up home in thailand and any advice about family life as are kids are quite young all under 3yrs and will it be a great start for us and the kids better way of life ect...

any advice would be great and i look forward in your advice

thanks

Hi all

My partner visited thailand a few months ago and since then we have talked about moveing to thailand and setting up home there for us and the kids!!

i think it is a great idea but got lots of things to think about besides saving!! education, housing will i love it there so many miles from my native Liverpool!!!

just would love to hear from families who have started up home in thailand and any advice about family life as are kids are quite young all under 3yrs and will it be a great start for us and the kids better way of life ect...

any advice would be great and i look forward in your advice

thanks

you should be honest with yourself if your kids are really better off here.

what job do you plan on doing?

it seems like you shouldve come here 3 years ago, not now that you have multiple kids under 3yo's.

If you and your children are not Thai (either mother or father Thai), then I'd look else where for a family future.

Thailand offers the facade of a great family environment but excepting very limitted circumstances it is just that a facade.

Education is a huge issue, good international standard education is extremely expensive, top and even mediocre international schools charging fees that are far beyond the earning power of most foreigners in Thailand.

I work for a multinational that pays all the bills, provides the life stile for families of staff assinged to Thailand, but almost without exception families in our organization elect to return to Farangland when their children get to around 10 or 12 years old. This includes many westerners who have married Thais and have Western/Thai children.

Thailand IS a great place for a family holiday and I am quite sure your heads are full of happy memories but the reality of living in Thailand with children, gettting them an education, and oportunities of their own in their adult life costs huge amounts of money.

And even then, we and many families like us, still believe that as our children aproach their Teens they need to be in their own cultute to get the best of what that offers.

...I work for a multinational that pays all the bills, provides the life stile for families of staff assinged to Thailand, but almost without exception families in our organization elect to return to Farangland when their children get to around 10 or 12 years old. This includes many westerners who have married Thais and have Western/Thai children.

That is not true for our company. We have had a number of kids graduate from international schools here, primarily ISB, and go onto universities in the US.

Might the timing coincide with an assignment/promotion at the home office and not necessarily the age of the children?

I will say that if you are not here on a full package it would be difficult for full farang family

TH

Whatever you decide after much research and reading come for 3 mths high season go home, come back for 6 mth in off season go home, think about it and then decide, do not rush it get to know it before you say YES, and then keep your home options still open for about 3 years.

My partner visited thailand a few months ago

I am a little concerned about the above quote. Are we to understand, that you have never visited Thailand yourself? (and your partner maybe only once?).

I think planning to relocate to a country you have never visited (or only visited once on a short holiday) is a recipe for disaster, especially when having children like yourself. Even though Thailand can be a wonderful place to visit, you could very well find yourself hating living here.

Sophon

I am planning to move to Liverpool!

I heard that the scousers are *so* welcoming to other cultures who have no clue and my significant other once saw a picture of Liverpool and fell in love :o

It will be great, we'll be skinny-dipping in the Mersey any day now. And the extra arms and legs that the kids grow will surely come in "handy"!

all sounds a bit vague to me.

a holiday visit is not a good idea for living in a strange country.

its very different being on holiday and being a resident.

i visited Egypt 33 times and decided to buy a flat there...it

was the biggest mistake of my life.

I heard that the scousers are *so* welcoming to other cultures who have no clue and my significant other once saw a picture of Liverpool and fell in love :o

It will be great, we'll be skinny-dipping in the Mersey any day now. And the extra arms and legs that the kids grow will surely come in "handy"!

yes liverpool is very welcoming to most cultures i say most because my partner comes from london and his accent dose'nt go down to well!!

so when are you coming to liverpool and his it you or do you have a family coming to liverpool?? do you know where you will be living might be able to show you some of the sights 1 day!!

I heard that the scousers are *so* welcoming to other cultures who have no clue and my significant other once saw a picture of Liverpool and fell in love :D

yes liverpool is very welcoming to most cultures i say most because my partner comes from london and his accent dose'nt go down to well!!

so when are you coming to liverpool and his it you or do you have a family coming to liverpool?? do you know where you will be living might be able to show you some of the sights 1 day!!

3 kids under 5? Then 3 kids under 3?

Troll from Toxteth methinks :o

I heard that the scousers are *so* welcoming to other cultures who have no clue and my significant other once saw a picture of Liverpool and fell in love :D

so you have 3 kids all under 5yrs and you are moving to toxteth??!! sounds mad but know where toxteth his was born there its rough but so are lots of parts of liverpool, have you got work here?? and have you got a partner comeing with you?? should love it bit more expensive than thailand but you will get used to it!!!

so you have 3 kids all under 5yrs and you are moving to toxteth??!! sounds mad but know where toxteth his was born there its rough but so are lots of parts of liverpool, have you got work here?? and have you got a partner comeing with you?? should love it bit more expensive than thailand but you will get used to it!!!

The lights are on but there is no f##ker home!!!

Not sure where you got these quotes from JacknDanny, because the OP hasn't stated them in this thread, maybe another?

Either way a very deluded family or they need to get into their cave before the sun comes up.

Moss

Not sure where you got these quotes from JacknDanny, because the OP hasn't stated them in this thread, maybe another?

Either way a very deluded family or they need to get into their cave before the sun comes up.

Moss

Check her /his other posts.

Adams Family for sure

Moss

Check her /his other posts.

Adams Family for sure

I didnt think you would get it wrong, it just didn't tally with what was being said here.

I hardly could be bothered to read this thread, without going looking for any other they might have written in their sunless cave.

Moss