Crazed killer on the loose in North East Thailand - police issue warnings in three provinces after two horrific murders

rooster59

Crazed killer on the loose in North East Thailand - police issue warnings in three provinces after two horrific murders

16-9-2559-19-06-07-300x169.jpg

Image: Thai News Agency

Police say that a mad killer is on the loose in the north east after a man was cut up in Udon and another innocent victim was slashed on the roadside in Nong Bualamphu.

A man riding a red and white motorcycle is being hunted. Forces in the districts of Kut Jap, Ban Pheu, Nam Som of Udon and Suwankhuha of Nong  Bualamphu are on high alert. The murderer may also have headed for Loei.

Samran Srimungkhun, 61 was found with his throat slashed on Friday by the side of the road near Non Ngam village of Nong Bualamphu said  sanook.com. TNA reported that he was a man with mental problems that helped out regularly at a temple for the last ten years and had never caused trouble to anyone.

This murder followed a gruesome attack on a man in a sugar cane plantation on Thursday night in which the corpse was dismembered and the arms and legs tossed into a bucket. A bicycle was left at the scene and the victim's red and white motorcycle was stolen.

The victim was 50 year old Panya Thongsri and the death initially looked like a family dispute over land but now police have revised that assessment. A 33 year old suspect in the slaying was taken to a motorcycle repair shop in Kut Jap district where the victim's motorcycle had been taken. But the owner of the shop said that the motorcycle rider he saw was someone else.

The 33 year old suspect was consequently released without charge.

Police now believe that a man who appears "permanently crazed on Ya Ba" is now on the loose in the area.

Evidence has emerged that the man in question previously stole a bicycle, a suit and a hat before going to the Udon plantation where he cut up Panya in a horrific bloodbath found by a neighbor on Friday morning.

The killer has been caught on CCTV and is believed to be 165 centimeters tall and aged 25-26. All police forces in a wide area of Udon, Nong Bualamphu and Loei are on high alert as the hunt for the madman intensifies.

Sources: Thai News AgencySanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-17
cleardot.gif

15 minutes ago, ScotBkk said:

Crazed Killer

This lunatic on the loose with the Zika & Bombings in tow will help boost the TAT predictions so no need to worry everything is under control :coffee1:

Tourists will know nothing about this - if you know anything about Thailand this is in the jungle

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The victim was 50 year old Panya Thongsri and the death initially looked like a family dispute over land but now police have revised that assessment.

Interesting this is the 1st thought of police.....

I suppose when land is your only asset and source of income,killing over it can be common.

1 hour ago, canopus1969 said:

Tourists will know nothing about this - if you know anything about Thailand this is in the jungle

Tourists are not concerned about such things otherwise they would never leave home.

Right now the "full moon" parties are in full swing.

Expect more accidental deaths

2 hours ago, scotchonrocks said:

Sad, but it sounds pretty much in line with normal news from the LoS.

could be normal news from any other country around the globe - may I just for example refer you to the multiple "high-yield US school, university slaughters" ?

1 hour ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

You don't see professional police work in LOS either. There could be just as many if not more serial killers loose in LOS but the BIB would never be able to figure it out. Just sayin.

Aggressive and effective police work by our local authorities got him some 10 clicks from my residence.

He is now enjoying the comforts of the Na Klang jail until further developments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

This ^ would be interesting reading for those of you who like to debate the relative dangers of living in Thailand.  Measuring homicides per 100,000 people per year, gives a rate of 3.9 for Thailand, the same as the US.  In this area, Myanmar has the highest murder rate with over 15 murders per 100K people per year.  Not surprisingly, Singapore is one of the safest countries in the world, with a rate of only 0.3. 

Laos, Cambodia, and the Philippines have a higher murder rate than Thailand, while Malaysia and Vietnam have lower rates.

3 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Who was the one with mental problem?

Not too clear from the post.

Perfectly clear if you read the post properly:-

Samran Srimungkhun, 61 was found with his throat slashed on Friday by the side of the road near Non Ngam village of Nong Bualamphu said  sanook.com. TNA reported that he was a man with mental problems that helped out regularly at a temple for the last ten years and had never caused trouble to anyone.

3 hours ago, mcfish said:

I think your confused. This isnt a USA forum

Maybe your thinking LoS Angeles..

How many times are you going to use that line mcfish!!!......

I've noticed you use it regularly.........fact;....violence and murder is all too common in Thailand......and yes...the USA!!

A local Tesco lotus in the North east,had a man with a crazed look in his eyes walking up and down the aisles yesterday.A witness,who did not want to be identified said that the man had a large machette in his hand and was slashing all the boxes of corn flakes,sugar puffs,snap,crackle and pop, Alpen,and quaker oats.The staff believe that it was the work of the sought after cereal killer. 

"Police say that a mad killer is on the loose in the north east after a man was cut up in Udon and another innocent victim was slashed on the roadside in Nong Bualamphu. "

I'm cancelling my trip to Syria and heading up to the northeast.

5 hours ago, maoro2013 said:

Who was the one with mental problem?

Not too clear from the threes

Don't know about the killer id just the photo from cct show on OP.

from that, on a lower scale, that Scotbkk, #1, could do with some help for his paranoia. As not only is he afraid of getting slashed, and contacting zica, from a moaquito bite under his kilt, but also someone may place a bomb in his sporran. Things do come in threes...mosquito bite, zica and a bomb....poor laddie.

Don't know about the killer id just the photo from cct show on OP.

from that, on a lower scale, that Scotbkk, #1, could do with some help for his paranoia. As not only is he afraid of getting slashed, and contacting zica, from a moaquito bite under his kilt, but also someone may place a bomb in his sporran. Things do come in threes...mosquito bite, zica and a bomb....poor laddie.

Thanks for your rendition

I'm no grammar police groupie. However, think you should swat up a bit on your posted messages as to me it's a bit garbled. I think everyone has an opinion and if you really think I'm somewhat clinically depressed, I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth.

It's just a way to reflect on Thailand's endless ways of releasing news too premature before thinking it out first. Hence the criticism belted out by all and sundry keeping us amused.

Unfortunately, some pathetic miserable Bastards take it upon themselves to fire out personal insults to the poster given that they can't think of anything decent to say without being sarcastic.

That's life my good fellow [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk