NACC to be asked to probe General Preecha Chan-ocha over his wife’s role

webfact

NACC to be asked to probe General Preecha Chan-ocha over his wife’s role

1809003-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Constitution Protection Association will on Monday ask the National Anti-Corruption Commission to investigate the conduct of Defence Permanent Secretary General Preecha Chan-ocha and his wife over her public service role.

General Preecha’s wife, Mrs Pongphan, recently presided over the opening of a dike, named Mae Pongphan Development, in Chiang Mai. A big sign board featuring her image was erected next to the dike.

It was alleged that water containers bearing her name were also presented to army units in the area.

The association’s secretary-general, Mr Srusuwan Janya who is also secretary-general of Stop Global Warming said Sunday that the sign board’s image was widely shared in the social media with several netizens questioning Mrs Pongphan’s role.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-asked-probe-general-preecha-chan-ocha-wifes-role/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-19

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So, what exactly has she done wrong? 

Interesting little point in the main story that the question is how not being a defence ministry official could she use that dept's staff and budget ?

I suppose the water containers bearing her name were not purchased by her.

Why is she projecting herself, looking for a job ?

48 minutes ago, baboon said:

That is what the TCPA are asking to be determined. Maybe nothing, maybe plenty.

the story is quite confusing, as a public figures wife it seems she was asked to perform a ceremony, someone obviously didn't like it lol

idiotic at best - why is this even news 

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

the story is quite confusing, as a public figures wife it seems she was asked to perform a ceremony, someone obviously didn't like it lol

idiotic at best - why is this even news 

Well, it is news because the wife of a public figure may be giving the misleading impression that the dike / water containers come from her / her families' munificence when in fact they were paid for from the public purse. The wife not even being a defence ministry official. Now I don't know whether or not this is the case, but I would certainly call it newsworthy as must you, seeing as you replied to it....

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

Well, it is news because the wife of a public figure may be giving the misleading impression that the dike / water containers come from her / her families' munificence when in fact they were paid for from the public purse. The wife not even being a defence ministry official. Now I don't know whether or not this is the case, but I would certainly call it newsworthy as must you, seeing as you replied to it....

Gullible lot in the north, aren't they, or just prone to misconception when someone opens a public work?

Now if they had got a flood assistance package labelled  ‘with love and care from Thaksin Shinawatra’,  their confusion might be understandable

58 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I think it's quite normal for the wives of a country's leader to be involved in activities like this.  If she was getting paid, that would be a different matter.

Or if she was using money that she shouldn't have access to or permission to use.

Although I'm sure if that's the case it will ll be fixed up eoniugh to satisfy any ' investigation '.

1809003-wpcf_728x409.jpg

Mr Srusuwan Janya is the same guy who tried to hinder the new Mahanakorn building, questioning the legitimacy of the foreign architect. Now he questions the involvement of Mrs. Pongphan in the Mae Pongphan Development... Seems to me that he likes publicity for his organizations The Thai Constitution Protection Association and Stop Global Warming. Seems to me also that whenever his organization needs to protect the constitution, inevitably a global warming issue comes along which diverts from the constitution protection detail. Happened 20+ times already.

29 minutes ago, halloween said:

Gullible lot in the north, aren't they, or just prone to misconception when someone opens a public work?

Now if they had got a flood assistance package labelled  ‘with love and care from Thaksin Shinawatra’,  their confusion might be understandable

'But Thaksin'? But of course.

Straight on the defensive even though nothing nefarious has even been uncovered yet. TDS at its finest.

Edited by baboon

Walking on red carpet in the forest, Was she paid with public money to attend the opening of the project?

Was she a major contributor to the project?   If yes then no problem,  if no then it is simply an attempt to use public money to raise the profile of her and family at tax payers expense.   Independent investigation,   I just peed a little bit.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Yes this has to be investigated.. maybe she wants to run in an local election later and hopes that this gives her popularity. Also why put her name on something she has nothing to do with personally. Looks almost like the time of the floods when donations were relabeled to favor a political party. 

Anyway.. should be investigated and i really hope something comes form it. 

It's just wrong if she didn't pay for it and even then it's just unneeded. Thais love to put their name on anything they do that contributes to some sort of social benefit at the national level down to the local level. My bro-in-law wanted to put my kid's name on football t-shirts for primary kids after-school program but I thought it was unneeded.What is this desperation for identity? It's part of the bad-side of this culture. Posers!

Edited by Alive

4 hours ago, halloween said:

Can't recall ever seeing a post from you without "But but Thaksin.." in it. Indeed, that goes for most fanboys. So you're saying that if Thaksin did something wrong then it's ok for the junta to follow suite? Thought you'd have learned at school that two wrongs don't make a right. Also, thought that investigating corruption was the junta's main ticket to power?

6 hours ago, baboon said:

I guess how come a member of the public (regardless who her husband and relations are) is selected to have their name on public procured water containers,  and chosen to open something with all the attendant publicity might be a starting point.

Personal fiefdoms and all that.

35 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Can't recall ever seeing a post from you without "But but Thaksin.." in it. Indeed, that goes for most fanboys. So you're saying that if Thaksin did something wrong then it's ok for the junta to follow suite? Thought you'd have learned at school that two wrongs don't make a right. Also, thought that investigating corruption was the junta's main ticket to power?

Actually it's amazing how many Shin fans like to suggest what Thaksin, YL and the rest of the clan do, did and are alleged to have done is all o k because the were elected, and others have done the same or even allegedly worse.

Pot calling kettle? He raises a reasonable point of comparison. Questions were asked at the time about who paid for the flood aid packaged emblazoned with Thaksin's face. PTP simply dismissed all the questions without replying - and made sure it stayed that way.

Let's see where this goes, if indeed anywhere.

Edited by Baerboxer