‘No justice in military courts’

webfact

SPECIAL REPORT

‘No justice in military courts’

Wasamon Audjarint
The Nation

Military court trials were wrong from the start: lawyer

BANGKOK: -- Last week, the junta issued Order No 55/2559 to end the Military Court's power following the coup to hear trials involving civilians. That might sound like a positive step for rights, but an experienced lawyer said the move was wrong from the start.

The international community, from the United Nations human rights body and many NGOs, called for the junta to stop trying civilians in the Military Court due to its partiality and inexperience.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/No-justice-in-military-courts-30295639.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-19

MILITARY COURTS PROBABLY BETTER !!!

As a multiple victim of the Thai courts, I believe that the Military Courts couldn't possibly be any worse.  In fact the court officials are likely to be more honest and diligent.

The Military Court's remit should be extended to try crooked lawyers and Judges, and harsh penalties imposed.

At present crooked lawyers are "untouchable", because the Lawyers Council  is an "Old Boy's Club" which closes ranks to protect it's members, irrespective of how despicable their crimes may be.

Come on, General Prayuth, here we have the ultimate application for Article 44, to clean up the Justice System.

This will also reduce the country's high murder rate, because if the Justice System is seen to work properly, then fewer people will take the law into their own hands (San Tia) 

25 minutes ago, thaiturkey said:

MILITARY COURTS PROBABLY BETTER !!!

As a multiple victim of the Thai courts, I believe that the Military Courts couldn't possibly be any worse.  In fact the court officials are likely to be more honest and diligent.

The Military Court's remit should be extended to try crooked lawyers and Judges, and harsh penalties imposed.

At present crooked lawyers are "untouchable", because the Lawyers Council  is an "Old Boy's Club" which closes ranks to protect it's members, irrespective of how despicable their crimes may be.

Come on, General Prayuth, here we have the ultimate application for Article 44, to clean up the Justice System.

This will also reduce the country's high murder rate, because if the Justice System is seen to work properly, then fewer people will take the law into their own hands (San Tia) 

In case you did not read the news during two years, may I remind you that military courts have been widely used to deal with political "crimes", such as comments on Facebook,  liking on Facebook,  peaceful protests, campaigning for "no" at referendum, etc....

Is that no problem for You? 

41 minutes ago, candide said:

In case you did not read the news during two years, may I remind you that military courts have been widely used to deal with political "crimes", such as comments on Facebook,  liking on Facebook,  peaceful protests, campaigning for "no" at referendum, etc....

The junta fanboys will support ANYTHING the military do as long as it keeps the PTP out of power.

50 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't do FB and i certainly wouldn't demonstrate in a foreign country so , no 

7 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The junta fanboys will support ANYTHING the military do as long as it keeps the PTP out of power.

Time is patient, the military cant hold power forever and politics is one of the things that can move quickly in Thailand. PTP will be back and they know it which is why they are so frightened of dissent. 

42 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Very very few it any posts that I've seen suggest that. Perhaps you could provide some examples?

What many won't accept is the attempted Shin re-write of history and out right lies aimed at getting themselves in and keeping power so they can rule the country for their own benefit. They always seem to thing that when in power that public money becomes their own. 

33 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Time is patient, the military cant hold power forever and politics is one of the things that can move quickly in Thailand. PTP will be back and they know it which is why they are so frightened of dissent. 

I doubt that. The Thai people are moving on and becoming less accepting of lying cheating politicians. Unfortunately, they need some new people to vote for, not the same old bunch who will act in the same self enriching way.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

I doubt that. The Thai people are moving on and becoming less accepting of lying cheating politicians. Unfortunately, they need some new people to vote for, not the same old bunch who will act in the same self enriching way.

you mean new self enricher's, the Thai's usually stick to what they know, if they are going to be ripped off then better by the old guard