Brit Bashing

ourmanflint

"The welfare state cost 79 billion pounds last year, more than is spent on the entire education system, twice as much as on law and order and almost as much as on the NHS. It totals nearly 3,000 pounds a household a year.There are 51 different benefits, with 39 per cent of households claiming one or more. Although the Chancellor often boasts about his record on unemployment, there are 5.4 million people of working age who are out of work and living on benefits. Many of those are registered disabled; Britain has more long-term sick than any European country besides Poland. The benefits system has become so generous that being "on welfare" is no longer a mark of even relative poverty. Households with incomes of up to 66,350 pounds - which puts them in the richest fifth - can be entitled to welfare".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2473368,00.html

Wait a few years and that will change, as they are all coming over to the uk

I can hear the sick notes already, (benefit scam time)

Sad old uk, glad im out of it al,

:o

nothing sad about the UK.....the annoying thing is the scroungers and residents of Downing Street.

apart from that i LOVE England with warts and all.

You must be very very rich to say that.

Do you live in Royal Tunbridge Well s as well.

Have a nice day

Warts and all.

:D

what me?

i live in the west country in a beautiful home,and guess what, i,ve worked hard for everything i have earned. i came from a very poor family and grafted hard to better myself.

the country owes me nothing and its a pity that more did,nt realise that.

anyone who wants the good things in life can get it.

its called hard work,to achieve your goals. but so many want everything for nothing.

life is,nt like that.

why should anyone, unless they are disabled, infirm ,should they expect to live off taxpayers.?

i guess you dont live in the real World when you come out with such drivel.

instead of judging everyone the same ,why cant you see things clearly without such a silly blinkered view.

will you come to the UK for help with your mental illness. :D

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this mouse knew how to pull em. :D

post-36779-1164694560_thumb.jpg

your spot on croc, :D

that mouse is intelligent, handsum, charming and quite obviously spanish. :D

that little australian mouse is just a little p-ss ant compared to the above mouse. :D

Sorry to be a pedant, but Speedy Gonzalez is Mexican.

i was just checking to see whether you'd pick up on that croc. :D:D:D

at least we know he's not from aussie. :D

just one question mate,

did you mean pedantic or am i missing some thing. ?

anyway,

happy birthday mate :o

as I have it in my hand alot ,

It doesn't need to be said does it?

Welcome Storekeeper. Nice to see you moving up in the world! :D Don't go back, we need a new BoonMee to keep us amused, and don't worry about Begbies opinions.

A comment on the mouse wars - Speedy Gonzalees could pull them, but left them unsatisfied. Not everyone is into speed. Mighty mouse is a different story. (so I've heard)

A whinge. I'm The Croc not some noodle nosed interloper from London. Get it right. :o

This thread is about the shortcomings (!) of the British not another chance to attack Australians to try and to divert from the current Ashes thrashing

it may sound crazy but i feel like more of an englishman now i am abroad than i ever did at home.

if you put a st georges cross up outside your house in many parts of england the council tell you to take it down and say you are racist.

i can fly my england flag proudly in thailand without any problems. i also love seeing how patriotic the thais are, they have flags everywhere and the yellow t-shirt thing is fantastic. that's how a country should be.

in england, you can't display a christian cross while working for british airways, the national carrier, in case it offends other minority religions. can you imagine thai airways telling their staff not to wai anyone? or the government telling monks not to collect their alms in the morning in case it offends muslims etc??? it's laughable.

In england, some councils even tried to ban the word 'christmas' because they thought it would offend the minorites.

england has tried so hard to accomodate all out of our sense of fairness that the country has managed to alienate the people who are actually born and bred english.

i love england dearly, and i love to visit there occasionally but i wouldnt want to live there right now.

nothing sad about the UK.....the annoying thing is the scroungers and residents of Downing Street.

Not to bash England, but secrets, if you LOVE it soo much, why stay in Thailand?

Just a question I like answered?

Cheers dude.

as I have it in my hand alot ,

It doesn't need to be said does it?

Welcome Storekeeper. Nice to see you moving up in the world! :D Don't go back, we need a new BoonMee to keep us amused, and don't worry about Begbies opinions.

A comment on the mouse wars - Speedy Gonzalees could pull them, but left them unsatisfied. Not everyone is into speed. Mighty mouse is a different story. (so I've heard)

A whinge. I'm The Croc not some noodle nosed interloper from London. Get it right. :o

This thread is about the shortcomings (!) of the British not another chance to attack Australians to try and to divert from the current Ashes thrashing

get it right old croc,

there's currently 2 crocs on this forum there's the london crocodile and the old croc.

the noodle nosed interloper from london is my mate and id love to see you dish that up to him. :D

chances are you would end up in the museum. :D

oh yes, and he actually lives here and is well informed on all things thai. :D

you should wish him happy birthday as its party time. :D

bedlams calling old croc and those really great threads about nothing. :D

it may sound crazy but i feel like more of an englishman now i am abroad than i ever did at home.

if you put a st georges cross up outside your house in many parts of england the council tell you to take it down and say you are racist.

i can fly my england flag proudly in thailand without any problems. i also love seeing how patriotic the thais are, they have flags everywhere and the yellow t-shirt thing is fantastic. that's how a country should be.

in england, you can't display a christian cross while working for british airways, the national carrier, in case it offends other minority religions. can you imagine thai airways telling their staff not to wai anyone? or the government telling monks not to collect their alms in the morning in case it offends muslims etc??? it's laughable.

In england, some councils even tried to ban the word 'christmas' because they thought it would offend the minorites.

england has tried so hard to accomodate all out of our sense of fairness that the country has managed to alienate the people who are actually born and bred english.

i love england dearly, and i love to visit there occasionally but i wouldnt want to live there right now.

yes totally refreshing to see the thais loving there country and king and i also wear the yellow shirt on a monday to show solidarity with the thais.

they love it and i get some nice respect from it.

all the other things you said about the blighty, well your no orphin mate, as aussie is going the sAME WAY.

cheers :o

[ totally refreshing to see the thais loving there country and king and i also wear the yellow shirt on a monday to show solidarity with the thais.

they love it and i get some nice respect from it.

all the other things you said about the blighty, well your no orphin mate, as aussie is going the sAME WAY.

cheers :o

Thought I'd find you here terry, you never answered why your T-shits are soo yellow? And what you are serving the good people of LOS tonite ,dude?

Besides that I hope your having good vacation bashing Brits? LOL

Cheers mate, and don't let the sun go down behind your back!

The Jens has spoken!

PS My Mighty Mouse can do things real mice only dream about-LOL and all the crazy smilies you come with.

Edited by SamuiJens

"The welfare state cost 79 billion pounds last year, more than is spent on the entire education system, twice as much as on law and order and almost as much as on the NHS. It totals nearly 3,000 pounds a household a year.There are 51 different benefits, with 39 per cent of households claiming one or more. Although the Chancellor often boasts about his record on unemployment, there are 5.4 million people of working age who are out of work and living on benefits. Many of those are registered disabled; Britain has more long-term sick than any European country besides Poland. The benefits system has become so generous that being "on welfare" is no longer a mark of even relative poverty. Households with incomes of up to 66,350 pounds - which puts them in the richest fifth - can be entitled to welfare".

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2473368,00.html

Wait a few years and that will change, as they are all coming over to the uk

I can hear the sick notes already, (benefit scam time)

Sad old uk, glad im out of it al,

:o

You must be very very rich to say that.

Do you live in Royal Tunbridge Well s as well.

Have a nice day

Warts and all.

what me?

i live in the west country in a beautiful home,and guess what, i,ve worked hard for everything i have earned. i came from a very poor family and grafted hard to better myself.

the country owes me nothing and its a pity that more did,nt realise that.

anyone who wants the good things in life can get it.

its called hard work,to achieve your goals. but so many want everything for nothing.

life is,nt like that.

why should anyone, unless they are disabled, infirm ,should they expect to live off taxpayers.?

i guess you dont live in the real World when you come out with such drivel.

instead of judging everyone the same ,why cant you see things clearly without such a silly blinkered view.

will you come to the UK for help with your mental illness. :D

No i get all the treatment required in Thailand thank you.

im happy to know you are paying your taxes and are happy in the uk.

working class boy done good.

good luck to you and all in the uk.

have a bright and sunny day.

the only farangs i have ever had a problem with besides some french muslim extremists have been british. usually drinking lots of beer then talking unlimited trash. Thankfully i have a lot of self restraint (mostly because i dont wanna pay the police a ton of bahtz) But out of all the people i have ran into drunk brits will and are the first people i dont hesitate to smash my 26 of sangsom on. Nowi dont think you can just say all brits are bad. it probably has something to do with the tropics being a vacation hot spot for british people. More numbers = more chances of problems. Althoughs something about that ridicolous accent is definitely violence provolking. see you at the hospital "maTE"!

7 pages of jealousy - wonder how many pages frog/gerry/nordic bashing would get? :o

Right, but what about the other 10 pages? Legitimate commentary on the sorry state of the Empire and her less-than-sober-and-well-mannered citizens, eh? :D

Just kidding... good and bad in every bunch, the Brits seem no better or worse than any other nationality as far as I'm concerned. As a Yankee I get a kick out of the classic penis envy exhibited by some of the less powerful and influential countries' townfolk... as if anyone in the rest of the civilised world really gives a flip about what goes in on some Godforsaken oversized penal colony where the Brits sent their human refuse wot couldn't even cut the mustard as Yobbos.

exhibit A -- Donzie

I rest my case. :D

Just kidding again... love ya Donzie... Oz has got some passable surf, a few decent athletes, and Kylie Minogue is somewhat shaggable. :D

Edited by jing jing

A SUGGESTION,

RATHER THAN USING YOB, ETC. IN REPLYING, SINCE MANY OF THAT GROUP ARE VERY OFFENDED BY ITS USE, EXPECIALLY IF YOUR REPLYING AND NOT BRITISH.

PERHAPS KEE NOK WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE. IF SOME OF THEM DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THEN LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT.java script:emoticon(':o',%20'smid_19')

The way you try to use Thai language in some of your posts i have read, leads me to the assumption that you don't know much about it. :D

You seem to have enough trouble with English for that matter, in a previous thread you were talking about how you had 'just celebrated my 62th birthday'. :D:D:D

Actually LC I'm very fluent in spoken Thai and have learned to read and write Thai script. I doubt if you can either poot or paasa Thai, unless its torai krap. I have not used any Thai in any of my previous posts. If you wish to prove me wrong then simply quote and reply with my posts that have used Thai. Your reply is a complete non sequitur, but typical of you.

What is your point?? That I'm not an expert typist, I agree.

I find it curious that you claim to be australian,yet use London in your name.

I would not have bothered to reply to your drivel, but have just returned from having to translate for the local RTP office, who sometimes call me to aid when dealing with English speaking tourists that run amuck and get into trouble.

Pai glai glai dung fowl (he he) :D:D

"A man who has been barred from every pub in his village after behaving aggressively towards staff at his local is being backed by a leading civil liberties group. Liberty is contending that the ban infringes the man's human rights."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2462790,00.html

Guess it's off to Asia for this dude .. :>)

Ya'll best be careful or us seppos will find another Madonna to send to England !

A SUGGESTION,

RATHER THAN USING YOB, ETC. IN REPLYING, SINCE MANY OF THAT GROUP ARE VERY OFFENDED BY ITS USE, EXPECIALLY IF YOUR REPLYING AND NOT BRITISH.

PERHAPS KEE NOK WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE. IF SOME OF THEM DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THEN LET THEM FIGURE IT OUT.java script:emoticon(':o',%20'smid_19')

The way you try to use Thai language in some of your posts i have read, leads me to the assumption that you don't know much about it. :D

You seem to have enough trouble with English for that matter, in a previous thread you were talking about how you had 'just celebrated my 62th birthday'. :D:D:D

Actually LC I'm very fluent in spoken Thai and have learned to read and write Thai script. I doubt if you can either poot or paasa Thai, unless its torai krap. I have not used any Thai in any of my previous posts. If you wish to prove me wrong then simply quote and reply with my posts that have used Thai. Your reply is a complete non sequitur, but typical of you.

What is your point?? That I'm not an expert typist, I agree.

I find it curious that you claim to be australian,yet use London in your name.

I would not have bothered to reply to your drivel, but have just returned from having to translate for the local RTP office, who sometimes call me to aid when dealing with English speaking tourists that run amuck and get into trouble.

Pai glai glai dung fowl (he he) :D:D

คุณหลอกคนทุกคนได้ในบางเวลา และหลอกบางคนได้ตลอดเวลา แต่ คุณไม่สามารถหลอกทุกคนได้ตลอดเวลา

When you say that you doubt i can 'poot or paasa Thai' did you not mean พูดอ่านรึเขียนภาษาไทย ???? what you said was พูดรึภาษาไทย which does not make any sence at all (speak or thai language) :D

When have i claimed to be Australian? please point me in the direction of that post as i don't seem to recal it,

โชคดี :D

PS. If you are going to try and write Thai please use script as you say can, i can not understand your romanised bastardisation of the language.

Edited by London Crocodile

As for the British, my experience comes from working with NATO forces. I found the officers to be intelligent, professional, and overall good chaps to be around. as for the lower enlisted...the word "Hooligans" comes to mind! I believe this would have much to do with the "class" system mentioned in other posts.

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me."

Allegedly said by the Duke of Wellington of his own troops during the Peninsular War :o

Not to bash England, but secrets, if you LOVE it soo much, why stay in Thailand?

Just a question I like answered?

Cheers dude.

dont quite understand. :D i DONT stay in Thailand. :D

i holiday in many countries but LIVE in England.! :o

CONGRADULATIONS LC ON YOUR APPARENT EXPERTISE ON THAI LANGUAGE AND IF WE WERE TO BELIEVE YOU ON EVERYTHING ELSE THAI RELATED. BUT I DOUBT IF YOU DID NOT HAVE HELP IN REPLYING.

IN DEFERENCE TO ENGLISH ONLY REQUEST AND THAT I DO NOT HAVE THAI SCRIPT ON KEYBOAD I WILL NOT REPLY AS YOU WISH, IN THAI.

ANYWAY, SINCE I DO NOT WISH TO BECOME PEN PALS WITH YOU, OR YOUR KIND, AND THIS KRAP HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH, AND IS PROBABLY TIME TO CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER AND CONTINUE TO STUDY THAI.

OH, PS, YOUR QUESTION TO ME ABOUT AUSTRALIAN WAS POSTED 27 NOV, BUT AM STILL AWAITING YOUR PROOF OF MY USING THAI IN MANY PREVIOUS POSTS. NO CAN DO CAN YOU, 'CAUSE YOU JUST MAKE THINGS UP--A LIAR!!!!!!

CONGRADULATIONS LC ON YOUR APPARENT EXPERTISE ON THAI LANGUAGE AND IF WE WERE TO BELIEVE YOU ON EVERYTHING ELSE THAI RELATED. BUT I DOUBT IF YOU DID NOT HAVE HELP IN REPLYING.

IN DEFERENCE TO ENGLISH ONLY REQUEST AND THAT I DO NOT HAVE THAI SCRIPT ON KEYBOAD I WILL NOT REPLY AS YOU WISH, IN THAI.

ANYWAY, SINCE I DO NOT WISH TO BECOME PEN PALS WITH YOU, OR YOUR KIND, AND THIS KRAP HAS GONE ON LONG ENOUGH, AND IS PROBABLY TIME TO CLOSE THIS TOPIC.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER AND CONTINUE TO STUDY THAI.

OH, PS, YOUR QUESTION TO ME ABOUT AUSTRALIAN WAS POSTED 27 NOV, BUT AM STILL AWAITING YOUR PROOF OF MY USING THAI IN MANY PREVIOUS POSTS. NO CAN DO CAN YOU, 'CAUSE YOU JUST MAKE THINGS UP--A LIAR!!!!!!

we are not deaf cm-scream!!!

It's sad that there is a thread devoted to Brit bashing. I've been to England and find it to be one of the most fascinating places on earth. Almost everyone I know who has visited there has fallen in love with the place and it's people.

One of the things that probably makes it so nice is that a lot of the bad ones seem to leave, with a significant number here in Thailand. I've met more undesirable Brits in Thailand than anywhere else. That said the good ones still far out number the bad ones--even here!

I think we all know that TV is often read by those in power. Threads such as this and the " how hard I am at fighting" number, just confirm their rather unflattering view of farangs in general.......................sad really. :o