Three deaths in under 12 hours on Phuket’s roads

webfact

Three deaths in under 12 hours on Phuket’s roads

Eakkapop Thongtub

1474259322_1-org.jpg

In the third incident, wrapped around the the motorbike’s back wheel, engine and exhaust where cables believed to have been left in the road while pylons are being moved in the area. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Three people died on Phuket’s roads in the space of 12 hours over the weekend, with two deaths occurring where work is being carried out on the Bang Khu underpass.

The first death, that of a Burmese national, happened at 6:30 pm on Saturday (Sept 17) when 31-year-old Mr Kyaw Soe was hit by a pickup truck while crossing Thepkrasattri Rd in Thalang.

Witnesses to the incident told police that Mr Kyaw was running across the road in front of the Naikan Mosque when he was struck by a white Isuzu pickup.

“The man ran across the road and the vehicle could not stop in time to avoid him,” one witness said.

The second and third incidents both happened on Thepkrasattri Rd in Koh Kaew close to where work in being carried out on the Bang Khu underpass.

At 2:30am yesterday (Sept 18), Maj Noojaree Longkeaw, an investigator from Phuket City Police Station, received information that a motorbike had smashed into the back of a pickup truck in front of the Krung Thai Bank on Thepkrasattri Rd northbound in Koh Kaew.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-deaths-in-under-12-hours-on-phuket-roads-59158.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-19

The roads around the construction sites are extremely dangerous. There are usually lots of potholes or bumps in the road but that's the small issue. The workers leave nails, cables and dirt everywhere and it's usually hard to see when a small item is on the road. I already got two flat tires this year because of sharp metal pieces on the road. Why don't they pay a bit attention where they put stuff and clean the roads a bit? It's clearly costing lives which is unacceptable.

BTW will the construction company be liable for damages caused? My guess is not as it's hard to prove.

Edited by eisfeld

Why don't they pay attention? They don't care, that's why. Simple as that. They would not be capable of thinking that what they leave behind could be dangerous. That requires awareness of ones actions, consideration for others, common sense, anticipating problems. You know, stuff the locals know nothing about. And there's no money to be made in cleaning up after themselves.

33 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why don't they pay attention? They don't care, that's why. Simple as that. They would not be capable of thinking that what they leave behind could be dangerous. That requires awareness of ones actions, consideration for others, common sense, anticipating problems. You know, stuff the locals know nothing about. And there's no money to be made in cleaning up after themselves.

The more i stay here the more i notice that even the best of thais are all about me me me and never anyone else

If they ever do something selfless, there's always a reason... ie posting it on facebook.  They're basically the same as the younger part of millennials..