Thailand expects huge jump in tourists, thanks to Chinese

webfact

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

I don't know any farangs who think Thailand is "theirs", regardless of reason, which has even less to do with Chinese misbehavior, which has been well documented in the social media pretty much back to the point where they started coming.  As always, the apologists try to emotionalize and morph legitimate discussion & comment into a race issue.

When you have people on forums like this slagging off the Chinese while imagining themselves as some sort of visitor gold standard based on little more than the fact they visibly spend money in the bars and on prostitutes, it's hardly surprising that some would suspect it comes down to race.

Seems to me that farangs aren't exactly "quality" tourists either.

Look at that yank who went down on a Pattaya bargirl in broad daylight during Songkran last year.

What about the Irish/American couple caught engaged in oral sex outside a guest house earlier this year?

13 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

When you have people on forums like this slagging off the Chinese while imagining themselves as some sort of visitor gold standard based on little more than the fact they visibly spend money in the bars and on prostitutes, it's hardly surprising that some would suspect it comes down to race.

Seems to me that farangs aren't exactly "quality" tourists either.

Look at that yank who went down on a Pattaya bargirl in broad daylight during Songkran last year.

What about the Irish/American couple caught engaged in oral sex outside a guest house earlier this year?

What about them?  Do these two incidents constitute a sex crime wave to you? Especially compared to the floods of reports on Chinese miscreants. Silly question; obviously so.  You're just practicing the very thing you're accusing others of in reverse, and using the same logic you imagine them using, because it scratches your PC itch.  Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocrisy, but do be careful way up there on your high horse.

1 hour ago, hawker9000 said:

What about them?  Do these two incidents constitute a sex crime wave to you? Especially compared to the floods of reports on Chinese miscreants. Silly question; obviously so.  You're just practicing the very thing you're accusing others of in reverse, and using the same logic you imagine them using, because it scratches your PC itch.  Welcome to the wonderful world of hypocrisy, but do be careful way up there on your high horse.

Not a crime wave but they do represent fairly typical behaviour on the part of many male western tourists. Faced with a choice of mannerless Chinese with all their pushing and shoving, or serial groping in public westerners, I choose the Chinese.

7 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

5555 What about them?? Are you shitting me? So quality tourists eat out women in public in broad daylight do they? Maybe by your gauge of classy behaviour but not in most people's.

There are floods of reports about farangs doing stuff that irks Thais - everything from the incidents already mentioned to climbing all over Buddhist statues in their relentless pursuit of the perfect Instagram shot or walking around urban areas in little but their underwear.

I'm not practicing anything in reverse - I'm just pointing out that a group of people who have a huge proportion of low class reprobates among their number have no business calling another group with a large number of unmannered individuals in their ranks "low quality" tourists.

Farangs are no better than the Chinese but I suppose that truth hurts, huh?

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:12 PM, YeahSiam said:

5555 What about them?? Are you shitting me? So quality tourists eat out women in public in broad daylight do they? Maybe by your gauge of classy behaviour but not in most people's.

There are floods of reports about farangs doing stuff that irks Thais - everything from the incidents already mentioned to climbing all over Buddhist statues in their relentless pursuit of the perfect Instagram shot or walking around urban areas in little but their underwear.

I'm not practicing anything in reverse - I'm just pointing out that a group of people who have a huge proportion of low class reprobates among their number have no business calling another group with a large number of unmannered individuals in their ranks "low quality" tourists.

Farangs are no better than the Chinese but I suppose that truth hurts, huh?

Oh yes.  Another thing you just see everyday in Thailand.  "So quality tourists eat out women in public in broad daylight do they?"  Yeap.  See it just ALL the time.

Along with farangs claiming ownership of Thailand.  Something else you just see ALL the time.

OK.  So summing up, and according to you, we have:

- farangs more often than not stumbling around drunk

- farangs groping women in public

- farangs climbing all over Buddhist statues

- farangs walking around urban areas in their underwear

- farangs eating out women in public AND in broad daylight

- farangs claiming ownership of Thailand

Oh, and loveable Chinese who never do anything to offend Thais.

Recess is over; back to the padded room.  Enough delusions for one month.  Time to get back on the meds.  Hallucinating like this can endanger yourself and others.

On 9/20/2016 at 5:11 PM, Dtaw said:

Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Ko Samui, Ko Phi Phi, ruined forever by the Chinese locusts. 

Those places were already ruined by the Western variety (:whistling:), but why Thailand would sell its soul to welcome in hordes of yapping 'quality' personage from that other part of Asia is beyond me. Well, it's not really, I know it's all about money... just sayin.

Edited by daveAustin

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

OK.  So summing up, and according to you, we have:

- farangs more often than not stumbling around drunk

- farangs groping women in public

- farangs climbing all over Buddhist statues

- farangs walking around urban areas in their underwear

- farangs eating out women in public AND in broad daylight

- farangs claiming ownership of Thailand

Oh, and loveable Chinese who never do anything to offend Thais.

There is plenty of documented evidence of farangs doing exactly those things.

No one said the Chinese are angels because evidence would appear to suggest otherwise.

The point (once again) is that farangs have no right to see themselves as being superior to anyone visiting this country

40 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

There is plenty of documented evidence of farangs doing exactly those things.

No one said the Chinese are angels because evidence would appear to suggest otherwise.

The point (once again) is that farangs have no right to see themselves as being superior to anyone visiting this country

Yeah.  It's just like I've already said.  One foreigner does something stupid and it's a crime wave.   Farang DNA, right?   ROFL.   You have a knack for wild stereotypes and blowing things up out of proportion; all the prerequisites for an absolutely great racist. 

2 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Yeah.  It's just like I've already said.  One foreigner does something stupid and it's a crime wave.   Farang DNA, right?   ROFL.   You have a knack for wild stereotypes and blowing things up out of proportion; all the prerequisites for an absolutely great racist. 

That's rich coming from an obvious white supremacist

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Anecdotal I know, but I live near a road which was a popular route for Chinese, often driving in convoy, heading for Chiang Mai from the Laos border.

Haven't seen a Chinese numberplate for quite some time.

Exactly what I have been saying for months...

I really am worried for this high season, I already lost some business as the places that used to be catering for the zero dollar tours are now empty and undercutting prices...

But who cares about tourism, since some posters prefer to derail the thread as a "farang - chinese contest"