Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?

Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?   

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, siam2007 said:

if it can be done, why still so many go to the immi office that in some cases might be very far away? I mean, one could try the online version and if there is an error, you can still go to the office in person. I am subject to these kind of things too in the near future

I don't know why more people don't at least try to do a online report. The same question could be asked for mail in reporting.

I do mail in reports now because I cannot use online reporting because of my very old entry into the country.

Was asked for this form when I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong Immigration a couple of months ago. I had gone prepared (at least so I thought) by filling out the version on here which could be completed electronically in copious detail, only for this to be rejected on the grounds that the photo which I had dutifully affixed was not, so I was informed, needed! Therefore had to spend a good 20 minutes copying everything in my neatest handwriting on to a blank version which they provided - in addition to the 2 forms confirming my understanding of (1) the terms of my extension and (2) overstay penalties which I had completed in 2015 but had to complete again this year. Wonder what further extra form I shall be required to complete next year!

Lopburi Immigration Office

I was ask to fill out the form and was told that I would have to do it EVERY TIME i do a 90-day check-in.

I wanted to do a check-in online but that website hasn't been working for months now.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't know why more people don't at least try to do a online report. The same question could be asked for mail in reporting.

I do mail in reports now because I cannot use online reporting because of my very old entry into the country.

I have to go into town a couple of times each week anyway so it is really easy to stop off at the conveniently located immigration office in Chiang Rai.  It gives me a chance to ask other visa related questions while I am there and keep up to date.

35 minutes ago, sensei said:

I wanted to do a check-in online but that website hasn't been working for months now.

I just went on on the online reporting site without a problem. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You might want to look at last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting. You will find several posts by people doing them successfully.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I have to go into town a couple of times each week anyway so it is really easy to stop off at the conveniently located immigration office in Chiang Rai.  It gives me a chance to ask other visa related questions while I am there and keep up to date.

For me it is leaving town for a trip of almost 90 km to do the reports. It was about 60 before they moved the office about 30 km further out of town. My wife was making the trip to do my reports before the move.

2 hours ago, churchill said:

Filled out the form on my last 90 day in Samui ...... No Big deal .. answer the questions you want .. I think most questions that you answer they have the information already 

Me too. Other have been asked told to do it again if they later return for residency certs etc therefore its advisable to have one ready just in case.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Was asked for this form when I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong Immigration a couple of months ago. I had gone prepared (at least so I thought) by filling out the version on here which could be completed electronically in copious detail, only for this to be rejected on the grounds that the photo which I had dutifully affixed was not, so I was informed, needed! Therefore had to spend a good 20 minutes copying everything in my neatest handwriting on to a blank version which they provided - in addition to the 2 forms confirming my understanding of (1) the terms of my extension and (2) overstay penalties which I had completed in 2015 but had to complete again this year. Wonder what further extra form I shall be required to complete next year!

...which is why I took two as per Blue Peter :)

(Playing them at their own game beats going home and back!)

I was handed this form when applying for a 30 day extension, and i was told to "fill out this form on your own time outside my office".

I did not fill out the form, bur i was given the requested 30 dayextension anyhow.

The form went into the trash and nobody asked me for it later.

They had a trainee handing out the forms, but no one was collecting them.

No one with any authority seemed to care that the forms were being ignored and not collected, as long as you paid thr notnal 1900 Baht fee/

So i took my cue from their attitude, if they basically ignored collecting the forms I ignored filling them out also.

Wonder how long that will last.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
correct typo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just went on on the online reporting site without a problem. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You might want to look at last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting. You will find several posts by people doing them successfully.

If I recall, the problem used to be that the online reporting would only work if using Internet Explorer, though I'm sure I re-installed that browser specifically to try the online report and it still didn't work (but that was quite awhile ago now).

As for this form, wasn't asked when I did my extension in June,  nor when I did my 90 day in August. Filling it in once wouldn't be so bad but if you have to do it every time (like we used to do with the 90 day report) then it would become a PITA very quickly.

54 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Not been asked to complete the form. It hasn't been at HH immigration on my last two 90 day visits. Got another 90 days to do next week so will check again then.

Just to speed things up, you might download the pdf file, fill in the required parts on your computer and then printout a copy.  That way you have it if they ask for it.  Anyway, that is what I did and they seemed impressed.

For my TV Extension i got handed out the form for personal data like, License plate number, bank account, Line account and so on. I leave it blank. I only gave them my mobile phone number which is anyway registered.

There was an other form which asks for my address. They plugged a piece of paper into my passport: Receipt Of Notification.

Do i have the next time to fill again this form?

Asked by visa agent in Chiang Mai when dropping off passport for a 90 Day report. Only filled in minimal info, giving nothing more than Immigration  already had. 

My guess is they'll try again, but the info won't change!

Edited by Rob8891

23 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

I was required to fill out the form at Chaeng Wattana. But there did not seem to be any requirement to hand the form in.

So I still have it.

I like your style!

I may try that if I'm handed the form at intake.

Get it ready but hold it back unless DEMANDED at an actual service desk. :post-4641-1156694572:

I've always felt that way ... never hand in anything to immigration unless EXPLICITLY required. 

• Like 1

I was given the form at my one year extension and again at the 90 day check in. The first time I told the lady that I couldn't read it without my glasses. The second time I filled out a few of the questions. The guy never looked at it and it was still on his desk when I left. I suspect that form was created by some big shot who wanted to justify his existence and the immigration officers pay very little attention to it.

Filed mine voluntarily at my last 90- day report. It was not commented on,nor was I given a form when I got my number at the desk in Jomtien. It would appear that second thoughts are being given as to the advisability of this form. Perhaps " behind the scenes" talk by embassy and immigration personnel?

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Filed mine voluntarily at my last 90- day report. It was not commented on,nor was I given a form when I got my number at the desk in Jomtien. It would appear that second thoughts are being given as to the advisability of this form. Perhaps " behind the scenes" talk by embassy and immigration personnel?

Why oh why would you file a form you weren't given?

I find that bizarre.

Extra brownie points for you! 

• Like 1

It was provided as a download, so I thought I would save time by filling it out and filing it. It  was not mentioned at all during my subsequent visit. Nothing "bizarre" about being prepared. I ALWAYS take more documentation than I need when dealing with immigration. There is never any indication as to when they will require something new or simply more "proof". It's called justifying your job title. More of it goes on here in Thailand than anyplace in the world. They literally CREATE problems to solve and then proudly point to themselves as the saviour in a situation that never needed to be rectified in the first place.

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

It was provided as a download, so I thought I would save time by filling it out and filing it. It  was not mentioned at all during my subsequent visit. Nothing "bizarre" about being prepared.

Nothing bizarre about being prepared.

I disagree with handing in a form nobody asked you to file though.

I strongly feel expats should not do that. 

• Like 1

I have been at Patong Immigration only one time to apply for the 90 days staying in the Kingdom since this form is in effect and the form was not handed to me. I didn't ask for it, as I think it's the duty of the officer to ask me to compile it if necessary. Apparently they don't care much, so do I...

• Like 1