Prayuth's brother defends lucrative army contracts awarded to son

snoop1130

Prayuth's brother defends lucrative army contracts awarded to son

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

14409068041440906815l.jpg

An Aug. 2015 file photo of Preecha Chan-ocha and his wife Pongpan Chan-ocha. Image: Matichon

BANGKOK — A nephew of junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha received nearly 27 million baht in contracts from the army region his father once commanded, an investigative news agency reported Monday.

The revelations by Isra News that the contracts awarded to a firm owned by Pathompol Chan-ocha prompted fresh allegations of nepotism from critics of the junta, while Pathompol’s father, Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha, said there’s nothing wrong with the arrangement.

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-9-20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely incredible. This guy seemingly has less morals than the other one.

Such a shame that he has carte blanche to do anything and will remain untouchable for a long, long time to come.

The current junta has very little credibility to begin with. But when stuff like this is allowed to go on unabated it just makes an even bigger mockery of the message they want to project (even though most with even an ounce of intelligence can see through it anyway).

Pathetic ?

10 minutes ago, ChidlomDweller said:

Was thinking just the same, and some other names too.

As for the corruption, they're not even embarassed by it anymore.  

This overt nepotism, and the story of Preecha's wife getting treatment usually reserved for those way above her station, clearly shows what they think of themselves.

If there is any doubt:

14359115_10154319212906154_5793518688179412722_n.jpg

again we see the way thai govts do business, doesnt matter which group is in they all are guilty of nepotism. Any family members/friends of the govt should not be allowed to even quote on govt contracts, the amount of corrupt practices every govt does it absolutely pathetic. This the same as the ptp/thaksin did when in power and they are all just as guilty as each other, doubt they will ever have a corrupt free govt in Thailand as money is too important to all of them

Even if this deal was completely clean, given to the best person for the job and there were no laws against it - how about simply not doing it?

How about being decent and setting good examples for your people. 

Ah, forget it. I'm wasting my time. 

Filthy and corrupt to the core.  Where are all thier supporters who claimed they were so pure, innocent and sent from above?  Just fresh pigs with thier snouts in the trough but they were a bit smarter, giving themselves amnesty prior and creating article 44 to protect themselves

1 hour ago, jamesbrock said:

This overt nepotism, and the story of Preecha's wife getting treatment usually reserved for those way above her station, clearly shows what they think of themselves.

If there is any doubt:

14359115_10154319212906154_5793518688179412722_n.jpg

The family is obviously at a funeral somewhere, but he certainly exhibits illusions of grandeur or dare I say, a sombre regal presence. Very nice picture. :rolleyes:

This is fair enough after all PM Prayuth stated recently that corruption will not be eliminated until another 20 years.

So his brothers and all his other rellies still have about 7,285 days to go to fill up their troughs and then hide it overseas.

36 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Even if this deal was completely clean, given to the best person for the job and there were no laws against it - how about simply not doing it?

How about being decent and setting good examples for your people. 

Ah, forget it. I'm wasting my time. 

To paraphrase Gordon Hewart, the 7th Lord Chief Justice of England, it is of fundamental importance that government should not only be clean, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be clean. Neither is the case in Thailand.

6 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

These people simply have no morals......a fine example of a failed society........I would be surprised if Prayuth even makes a mention of this......it's simply business as usual!

"Please don’t ask me about this..."

4 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

To paraphrase Gordon Hewart, the 7th Lord Chief Justice of England, it is of fundamental importance that government should not only be clean, but should manifestly and undoubtedly be seen to be clean. Neither is the case in Thailand.

The Generals don't care - they are in power, the polls say they have 80% support, there is no political opposition, media and courts dare not cross them.  The people at the top can act with total impunity.

Once they get the Single Portal for Thailand in place, they can also control the pesky websites and social media.

"The revelations by Isra News that the contracts awarded to a firm owned by Pathompol Chan-ocha prompted fresh allegations of nepotism from critics of the junta, while Pathompol’s father, Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha, said there’s nothing wrong with the arrangement."

I wonder if these people understand the meanings of "corruption", "nepotism", and "conflict of interest".   I think these practices are so deeply entrenched they don't see anything wrong with them, it's just business as usual.