Forget playing bridge - now Thai soldiers round up pensioners for dominos!

webfact

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young men and women of Thailand..... serve your country. Shoot unarmed protesters in Bangkok's streets. Kidnap student union officials and hold them illegally for days on end. Raid grandma and grandpa playing bingo or dominoes or checkers. Bore the shit out of everyone in the country every Friday night with Kuhn Prayut's stirring speeches. Yes! Help stop the degradation of Thailand. God bless the ruling elite! Cue 'Pleng Chat Thai'.

Silly pensioners forgot (Alzheimers) to fill brown envelope?

I guess "priorities" does not translate into Thai language?. The authorities cannot reduce road deaths or stop the killings down south so they can save face now by arresting some pensioners! I bet there is a Ministry of Silly Walks somewhere in Bangkok also. :coffee1:

6 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Silly pensioners forgot (Alzheimers) to fill brown envelope?

I guess "priorities" does not translate into Thai language?. The authorities cannot reduce road deaths or stop the killings down south so they can save face now by arresting some pensioners! I bet there is a Ministry of Silly Walks somewhere in Bangkok also. :coffee1:

Are you saying that you live in Thailand and don't have an English Thai dictionary?

7 hours ago, DLang said:

Please respect the laws of Thailand.

If you want very one to respect the laws in Thailand then write laws that are  reasonable. These arrests will only make a laughing stock of the global community

Get real and join the global community

These arrests are a joke

Plain and simple

I think that most posters on here are being far too hard on the military and the police.  I believe the authorities are just running a contest for the Darwinian of the Month award and it looks as if they might have just squeaked it, despite some fierce competition.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

7 hours ago, DLang said:

Please respect the laws of Thailand.

It would be a valid post if Thailand had any laws. Wonder if you have every paused by a red stop light in the Kingdom of Thailand , and by the way if you possess a few guns it is quite lawful to overthrow a democratic government   

I disagree,these domino players are a bunch of violent people.they knock on the table when they cant go.Knocking is a violent act carried out by frustraed players who can not follow.i say punish them to the full extent of the law,Those bloody bridge players got off lightly too.

Its all very funny until somebody loses an eye.

2 hours ago, sambum said:

"What happened to the money, then? An "illegal gambling den" with no money?"

I'd imagine if there was any money mentioned in the news report, the cops would be expected to cough it up back at the station.  Which is against their religion.   Whatever that is.

2 hours ago, Xircal said:

Poor old buggers. They probably would've been nicked even if they were playing for matchsticks.

Thai immigration ,

need to be more selective on the type of foreigner/farang ,they allow into the Kingdom.

Domino , type  farlang , no good for thai economy , not pay bar fine .

Go home ,  zimmer off where you came from .  555

Edited by elliss

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

I disagree,these domino players are a bunch of violent people.they knock on the table when they cant go.Knocking is a violent act carried out by frustraed players who can not follow.i say punish them to the full extent of the law,Those bloody bridge players got off lightly too.

Its all very funny until somebody loses an eye.

Spot on mate ,  i  met  them  before  in the local OAP   weekly gathering in Derby ,

rite set of old violent  gits ,   they even use their false teeth as secret  weapons ,

Deadly ,  they were trained in the boys brigade . take care out there .

Edited by elliss

2 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Heaven forbid if someone thinks you were just a normal English teacher. :cheesy: 

The lengths some teachers will go to avoid the embarrassment of being an English teacher. 

Nothing wrong with dropping lucky i got a job teaching "Engrish" at a remote southern university after my Vietnam contract finished and while  i was renovating my house here

8/10 hours a week no need to be near place if not teaching

35 K a month free house and motorbike not a teaching qualification in sight apart from being a hotel manager and a long long expired finance degree from a bank which i never had to show anyway

6 months past idyllically teaching mostly ladies from the age of 17/22 

Thinking about it though i never "played' cards or dominoes with them:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You cannot respect any laws if you don't agree with them.

You have to be aware of and pay attention to laws whether you like them, agree with them or not. Or suffer the consequences should you choose to ignore or break them. That's how it works in all countries.

Like most headlines on TV news, this one is also misleading or just wrong.

It's not the domino game that they were arrested for, it's the gambling. Their age is irrelevant. If a pensioner breaks the law how is it different from a younger person breaking the law??

Taken into evidence were two sets of dominos, playing cards, mahjong sets and some dice. One man was named - he was 52 year old Samart Woranathorrocha who was overseeing the den in Soi Phraya unthorn Phimon.

Just now, possum1931 said:

You have to take some chances in life, if you want to obey everyones rules and laws, then

you may as well not bother getting out of bed in the morning, if I don't agree with a law, I will not obey it if I think I will get away with it, and it has stood me well in my life so far.

Unbelievable, simply unbelievable. Pensioners playing dominoes or cards are going to cause such civil unrest that will lead to the downfall of the country? Iniquitous people these elderly folk are. We should throw more resources at the elderly to completely wipe out any further re-occurrence of such abhorrent behaviour in our society. Don't worry about the continuing loss of life in the southern provinces by the terrorists/criminals or loss of life on the roads (or by sea) or the failure to prosecute criminals within the elite or among the rich or connected, they all pale into insignificance compared to card and domino playing pensioners. These pensioners are devaluing the morals of the country with their total disrespect for the law and like great empires of the past will bring about the collapse of this country. They are a blot on society and must be wiped out!

Roald Dahl and Lewis Carroll could not have thought of this in their wildest dreams. All "Hail to the Authority" who ordered this crackdown. :wai: Your fellow countryman and the world will be impressed and forever grateful with your attention to detail and diligence!

I will have a different joke for next week.

Edited by lvr181
Grammar correction