Suthep's son: DSI to push for revocation of convicted Tan’s land

webfact

DSI to push for revocation of convicted Tan’s land

PIYANUCH TAMNUKASETCHAI
THE NATION 

30295989-01_big.jpg

Tan

BANGKOK: -- THE DEPARTMENT of Special Investigation (DSI) will request a copy of Wednesday’s court ruling which saw four men jailed - including Tan Thaugsuban, son of veteran politician Suthep Thaugsuban - for encroachment of forestland on Khao Phaeng mountain in Surat Thani’s Samui island.

Investigators will then ask the Land Department to revoke the land-ownership document of Tan's remaining 14 rai there, the DSI said. DSI environment case office chief Pol Lt-Colonel Prawut Wongsinil said yesterday that |the department had already revoked 70 rai land-ownership documents in Tan's name

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/DSI-to-push-for-revocation-of-convicted-Tans-land-30295989.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-23

Moneyed Thais use continuous appeals as their get out of jail card.  He probably paid a paltry bail surety as well.

The HiSo's look after themselves when it comes to law enforcement. I don't suppose it will ever change unless there is a civil class revolt...:post-4641-1156694606:

16 minutes ago, merlin2002 said:

Moneyed Thais use continuous appeals as their get out of jail card.  He probably paid a paltry bail surety as well.

The HiSo's look after themselves when it comes to law enforcement. I don't suppose it will ever change unless there is a civil class revolt...:post-4641-1156694606:

That card only works until the appeals process is exhausted. You don't like that, because it's not the same as "back home" where a convicted person may spend years in jail before being found innocent on appeal. Easy POV to take when you are not the person in the hot seat.

That card only works until the appeals process is exhausted. You don't like that, because it's not the same as "back home" where a convicted person may spend years in jail before being found innocent on appeal. Easy POV to take when you are not the person in the hot seat.

Both arguments are valid. However some apeedy procedings would help a lot. This is now used as a way to eacape justice completely.

3 hours ago, whatproblem said:

Update .not a suspended sentence but according to another news report he has been granted bail while his lawyers appeal ,he will appeal in the next 30 days ,

no rush he's free

Like father like son. A strip off of the old man's back. Dad is proud. Do a temple run. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

But here the appeal system only works for the wealthy ,not the pheasants

20 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The most pertinent question is how young Tan managed to have enough money to buy nearly 100 rai of land on Samui. If prices are round 3-4 million per rai its certainly a lot of dosh.

But it also begs the question why one of the "good guys" is being investigated while the PTP supporters always say justice goes only after the reds. This guy is clearly the son of......

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

But it also begs the question why one of the "good guys" is being investigated while the PTP supporters always say justice goes only after the reds. This guy is clearly the son of......

It would do if anything ever happens to him, which it wont, so it is a mute point. They will probably have to return his money to him with interest, if he ever even loses the land.

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Like father like son. A strip off of the old man's back. Dad is proud. Do a temple run. 

if you care to look you will see that the whole family(mum included) are just as bad if not worse than dad........

23 minutes ago, halloween said:

So back home. would you prefer the good lawyer the wealthy can afford, or the legal aid appointed who got the lowest pass in his year?

I have enough money for the good lawyers,but my point is here the poor can't really appeal ,that is only for the wealthy so a wealthy murder can walk when a poor petty thief stays in jail 

27 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

It would do if anything ever happens to him, which it wont, so it is a mute point. They will probably have to return his money to him with interest, if he ever even loses the land.

That is funny.. he already lost ownership to a 74 rai plot.. (according to the BKK post). Seems things are happening. Seems that there is always  lot or PTP whining going on and people on both sides are getting convicted. Now if they would go after the army too it would be perfect. But its a step up from under YL her tenure. 

Wondered how long it would be before colour coded prejudice was shoehorned into an article about the son of the man who, along with his armed thugs, laid the foundations for the military junta. 

A more relevant sidetrack would have been to remind readers of the (documented) land fraud committed by daddy when as Agriculture Minister he was given the remit to allocate 100 plots of land on Pukhet to local farmers for growing and selling local produce. The most desirable plots are now adorned by sumptuous villas owned by friends of... 

Like father like son. Maybe the barking general has Suthep in his sights. 

Not holding my breath 

1 hour ago, robblok said:

But if there is real justice why would those running things now need amnesty themselves?

I'd like to know more about Suthep's debt which he had before and during his protesting and what exctly he got out of the monkhood besides a shaved head. When I see his face, I see a big smile and money going into his bag. I think it was the same when he was a monk.

6 hours ago, whatproblem said:

But here the appeal system only works for the wealthy ,not the pheasants

The wealthy are just like the pheasants and fly away but are much more adept at dodging the buckshot.  Thai peasants are fodder for the justice system because it is so expensive and you cannot recover costs so much more financially disruptive to the poor.  Even then the results seem to depend to a large extent to the whim of the judge on the day more than the evidence presented and papers are much more important than evidence and the demeanor of witnesses than in the UK system at least.  Papers do not always tell the story but liars are easy to spot if you are trained in body language skills.  Note most UK judges are very adept at that.

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Sorry, I don't usually do this but the word is "moot  " .

Please understand , you are not the only one.

Cheers.

22 hours ago, Alive said:

I'd like to know more about Suthep's debt which he had before and during his protesting and what exctly he got out of the monkhood besides a shaved head. When I see his face, I see a big smile and money going into his bag. I think it was the same when he was a monk.

Why don't YOU do a Google search for Suthep's debts?

I did and I found a little snippet in the Pattaya Mail that may interest you.

Back in 2014 the NACC disclosed assets and debts of some politicians.

BANGKOK, 5 February 2014  Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets have increased by 56 million baht, while Suthep Thaugsuban’s debts have gone up by 276 million baht, according to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). 

In its latest disclosure of the assets of members of parliament, which was required by law as Parliament had been dissolved and thus all MPs were considered to have left office, the NACC revealed it found Ms. Yingluck had 603 million baht in assets and 28 million baht in debt. Commerce Minister Bunsong Teriyaphirom had 28 million baht of assets, and Deputy Agriculture Minister Nuttawut Saikuar had 33 million baht in assets.

http://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/nacc-discloses-assets-of-former-mps-pm-yinglucks-assets-increases-34658

Does that help you and make you feel better? There is more information there as well and I suppose that you could also access the NACC website for more information.

It is interesting to note that at that time Yingluck's assets increased while Suthep's debt increased.

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling again

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Why don't YOU do a Google search for Suthep's debts?

I did and I found a little snippet in the Pattaya Mail that may interest you.

Back in 2014 the NACC disclosed assets and debts of some politicians.

BANGKOK, 5 February 2014  Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets have increased by 56 million baht, while Suthep Thaugsuban’s debts have gone up by 276 million baht, according to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). 

In its latest disclosure of the assets of members of parliament, which was required by law as Parliament had been dissolved and thus all MPs were considered to have left office, the NACC revealed it found Ms. Yingluck had 603 million baht in assets and 28 million baht in debt. Commerce Minister Bunsong Teriyaphirom had 28 million baht of assets, and Deputy Agriculture Minister Nuttawut Saikuar had 33 million baht in assets.

http://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/nacc-discloses-assets-of-former-mps-pm-yinglucks-assets-increases-34658

Does that help you and make you feel better? There is more information there as well and I suppose that you could also access the NACC website for more information.

It is interesting to note that at that time Yingluck's assets increased while Suthep's debt increased.

As often in the press the numbers don't fit. Firstly the pattayamail figure for the assets is not accurate. According the nation, the assets were 210 million and not 141.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yinglucks-assets-rose-by-Bt50m-NACC-30226088.html

Secondly I guess it depends to which date it us compared. According to the previously disclosed figures by the NACC in October 2012, it's debt stood at 347 million and assets at 95 million. So debts from 347 to 323 million and assets from 95 to 210 million is not a strong increase of debts. Apparently, a big loan of 267 million has been taken by Suthep, when? In 2012?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Korn-declared-richest-Democrat-while-Sutheps-debts-30191739.html