Which Model Will Replace My Ford Escape?

1 hour ago, sendintheclowns said:

Using your chart and comparing specs at carbay.com, I am leaning towards  the Honda CR-V 2.0E. it has 4WD, 300,000 baht less than the Mazda. Admittedly, you get less power/torque and minor bells and whistles. + leather seats suck.

Wait for the new model cr-v then. There's a good chance it will have to 1.5 turbo from the civic, so will have better torque and fuel economy than the current cr-v 2.0. No idea on price or specs yet though. Maybe due late this year or early next year. 

13 hours ago, DavisH said:

Wait for the new model cr-v then. There's a good chance it will have to 1.5 turbo from the civic, so will have better torque and fuel economy than the current cr-v 2.0. No idea on price or specs yet though. Maybe due late this year or early next year. 

Nothing definitive at <autohondarumours> ; but this is a enjoyable read. What's the Japanese equivalent of Thinglish? quoted from the website: ''The real inside will presumably be redesigned likewise, notwithstanding despite the fact that you'll take in no reports on what it'll look simply like, gossipy tidbits say that it will be significantly extra agreeable and agreeable than a while recently. what is more, the real 2017 CR-V will have an extended motor lineup which will give various conceivable outcomes relying upon the commercial center. In any case, both European items alongside U.S. item will have an eminent choice of units to choose from. To prime all that up, the shiny new item may have upgraded taking care of, nimbleness and general execution, hence there is truly nothing we are in a position to grumble concerning.'' 

as to rumours about the engine, at the same website ( more Jabbish):

''The particular 2016 Honda CR-V could, identified with we depicted in front of; offer you a bewildering motor accumulation to offer you. Beside the genuine motors how the present sort is making utilization of, the 2017 CR-V will demonstrate to include a solitary further determination for its European prospects. It genuinely is truly the 1.6-liter diesel motor that might make utilization of the front-wheel drive. Indeed, even upgraded reports are holding up America market. 

The cutting edge model could introduce a couple fresh out of the box new turbocharged things. The genuine theory says they might go to be depicted as a three-chamber together with a four-barrel turbo motors which will have sublime general execution. The base motor for that new kind will in all probability be a 1.5-liter VTEC arrangement in a position to delivering 200 hp. Moreover, the 2016 CR-V could pleasantly get a fresh out of the box new twin-grasp transmission that will fortify its mileage and usefulness. ''
so, your comments look to have some cred. Thanks!

On 9/25/2016 at 0:10 PM, juehoe said:

The CX-5 Diesel has also 175 HP and but more torque (450 Nm) than the CR-V.

The CR-V is more comfortable but less fun to drive (CVT transmission...).

The resale value of Honda and Toyota is still better than the others. But Mazda gets better since the introduction of the first CX-5. We could sale our first CX-5 for 850,000 THB (3 years, 60,000 km).

The average fuel consumption of the 2 CX-5 is around 7 l/100 I'm. It depends on your driving style. The CX-5 Diesel is very powerful and likes to rev.

On a smooth ride (80-90 km/h) on rural road you can reach values of 5 l/100 km or even below. Highway values are around 6.5 l/100 km (120 km/h).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

For more CVT driving fun, drive backwards.

I'd give it to the CX-5 hands down : 

• It's not cheap but the build quality is very good. Mazda's skill sharing agreement with Toyota has paid dividends in the interior. 
  • It comes fully loaded with the same safety technology as you would find in a European or North American CX-5.
  • The 2.5 diesel is in a different order of performance to the CR-V's petrol engine, especially for this kind of vehicle.
  • It has a mechanical gearbox instead of the CR-V's CVT transmission, which is rather noisy and has to spool instead of the instant power delivery that you get with a mechanical box. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, raffo77 said:

had a mazda tribute 3.0 V6 LPG (ford escape made by mazda) which i sold.

now have a subaru XV, bit smaller, but a perfect substitute.

better really. permanent 4x4, great handling. 5 year warranty, cheap.

Thanks for that suggestion.

I was on my way, to a test drive; then I add up how far away 150km is, for service. decided against it.

Wait for the new CR-V.  Lots of improvements including consumption.  After test riding the everest, fortuner and mits, my 2007 CRV felt instantly better.  I owned a 2010 3.2 pajero sport which was like a shed in comparison.  Was great off road and very reliable though.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit offtopic. I am off to Surathani, on my 3rd visit to have the car's LPG installation serviced. It is stalling (a old topic at another TV forum, which I cannot find) . However, I did save the answer. Suggestions were  (i) check the gas primer and (ii) not tuned properly. an anyone help with the Thai translation of those 2 terms?

Thanks.

-

Archived