Three injured as Phuket speedboat engulfed in flames

rooster59

Three injured as Phuket speedboat engulfed in flames

Eakkapop Thongtub

1474685890_1-org.jpg

The speedboat burst into flames off Phuket’s east coast this morning (Sept 24). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Three people have been injured after a speedboat became engulfed in flames at Cape Yamu off Phuket’s east coast this morning (Sept 24).

The fire broke out at about 9:10am shortly before it was to pick up 45 Chinese tourists waiting at the pier in Baan Yamu, in Pa Khlok, to get on board for a day trip to Phi Phi Island.

Lt Sunand Phetchanoo of the Thalang Police confirmed to The Phuket News that two boat staff with minor injuries were taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, and one staffer with serious injuries was taken to Thalang Hospital.

The boat was operated by PCL Transport, formerly known as 858 Insee Marine Co Ltd, Lt Suannd said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/three-injured-as-phuket-speedboat-engulfed-in-flames-59224.php#rEWfyTDgetGA0XWi.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-24

Reading the entire news report I am intrigued by the background of this boat .....

'The boat was operated by PCL Transport, formerly known as 858 Insee Marine Co Ltd, Lt Suannd said.

“The boat was valued at about B2 million,” he said.

Insee Marine was one of the 17 companies raided in the crackdown on the illegal tour network syndicate operated under Tranlee Co Ltd. 

The boat was one of the many speedboats auctioned off two weeks ago among the fleet of buses and boats seized by the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) in raids on the illegal network of companies operating under Chinese tour operator Tranlee Co Ltd.'

So this 'illegal' company seems to have just changed it's name ?

Yes, I was just about to say the same. Insee was part of Tranlee.

And yes, the boats were all sold for prices higher than market value to new companies that seem to have taken over the old contracts from Tranlee. No idea about the ownership constructions.

Edited by stevenl

15 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

And the PG reports that the boat was registered to CC Blue Marine ?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Two-injured-Yamu-boat-fire/65620#ad-image-1

Registered to CC Blue Marine and operated by PCL. Could both be true, really shady businesses there, look at Tranlee.

Edited by stevenl

I imagine there's been some sphincters tightening as the company names and affiliations are popping up in the news after the auction.

Or, maybe it was all pre-sorted.

Edit:  And, in the interest of a good (but completely unsupported by evidence) conspiracy, I don't know that I'd be riding in any of the confiscated boats or buses for the next few weeks (months?).  It may not have been so accidental.

Edited by impulse

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I imagine there's been some sphincters tightening as the company names and affiliations are popping up in the news after the auction.

Or, maybe it was all pre-sorted.

Edit:  And, in the interest of a good (but completely unsupported by evidence) conspiracy, I don't know that I'd be riding in any of the confiscated boats or buses for the next few weeks (months?).  It may not have been so accidental.

how will  you identify the confiscated boats. do they have any particular markings.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Reading the entire news report I am intrigued by the background of this boat .....

'The boat was operated by PCL Transport, formerly known as 858 Insee Marine Co Ltd, Lt Suannd said.

“The boat was valued at about B2 million,” he said.

Insee Marine was one of the 17 companies raided in the crackdown on the illegal tour network syndicate operated under Tranlee Co Ltd. 

The boat was one of the many speedboats auctioned off two weeks ago among the fleet of buses and boats seized by the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) in raids on the illegal network of companies operating under Chinese tour operator Tranlee Co Ltd.'

So this 'illegal' company seems to have just changed it's name ?

Instead of muck raking, there is no evidence that the owners of the boat have anything to do with the Chinese.

9 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

Instead of muck raking, there is no evidence that the owners of the boat have anything to do with the Chinese.

For anybody in the marine industry it is clear: these new companies have simply taken over the contracts from the old ones.

Just now, stevenl said:

For anybody in the marine industry it is clear: these new companies have simply taken over the contracts from the old ones.

Just now, stevenl said:

Just now, stevenl said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Perfectly legal. Should shut down the thai bashers for awhile.

15 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

It's obvious that these tour operator have much the same group of owners. 

No muck raking ... just reading the news report.

And I never once mentioned Chinese owners ... 

Edited by LivinginKata

10 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

10 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The companies i have read about were owned by Chinese, with thia nominees. Anyway, who cares, we are a long time dead . Over and out.