Try this Pattaya hairdresser's - but only if you fancy being "fleeced"!

webfact

Try this Pattaya hairdresser's - but only if you fancy being "fleeced"!

a3.jpg

Image: Sanook

PATTAYA: -- A hairdresser's in Pattaya has been described as "cruel" after a series of rip offs recounted by its furious customers.

The shop in question run by a woman called "Koy" has been attacked by two Facebook posts for ripping off customers.

And the locals in the soi are fed up with sorting out the problems of the disgruntled customers. The police have even been called on occasion.

A Facebook post by "Tanny Warinton" this week said: Don't go there!

The poster described enquiring about the price of a trim and shampoo but was fobbed off with excuses and changing of the subject. 

At the end she was charged 800 baht, well in excess of what a shop like this normally charges. She didn't have enough money and offered to pay 500 and get the rest at home.

She was told to leave her car and phone as security. A motorcycle taxi driver got involved in the row as well as the neighbors. She was threatened with the cops and ended up paying 400 baht. 

The door was slammed in the customer's face.

Sanook.com reporters went to investigate and found that the shop did not have a tariff outside on the window. 

Locals told them that the shop was opened in Soi Sukhumvit Pattaya 53 ten years ago by a woman called Koy aged about 45 to 50. The shop was originally further down the soi but moved.

It used to be called "Koy Beauty Salon".

A motorcycle taxi driver admitted he had got involved in the case posted on Facebook and said on another occasion a woman was charged 4,000 baht for extensions. The police were called and she ended up getting just 300 baht back.Sanook.com said that some time ago a woman had posted on Facebook with a video complaining about the shop. She had been charged 1,500 baht for a shampoo and set. 

The woman claimed she was locked in and threatened with physical violence.

Locals have appealed to the authorities to take action against the shop.

Disappointingly, sanook.com did not report if they tried to contact the owner of the shop so no comment was forthcoming from the owner.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-27

Hairdressers....a complete joke!!

Most of the hair-dressers, or better: barber-shops, do have dual prices.

Where Thais pay 80 baht for a hair-cut including shave and neck/massage massage, a farang pays for the same 100 baht if not more.

The question "Why does a farang pay more for the same service?" results in the answer: "Farang have bigger head" or "Farang have more money"

It's freakin' amazing that some Thai business people take the liberty apply their price list based on skin color

9 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Hairdressers....a complete joke!!

Most of the hair-dressers, or better: barber-shops, do have dual prices.

Where Thais pay 80 baht for a hair-cut including shave and neck/massage massage, a farang pays for the same 100 baht if not more.

The question "Why does a farang pay more for the same service?" results in the answer: "Farang have bigger head" or "Farang have more money"

It's freakin' amazing that some Thai business people take the liberty apply their price list based on skin color

simple way to not get fleeced is to go to place that have the tariff board inside outside,  Say if they can understand english "no duel pricing" 

I have never been fleeced by a barber 130 bht shave and a haircut

5 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

but the ones i use get the job done, you can not expect uk standards for the price the thai barbers charge

I dont see why not. Wages are lower here because prices are lower, not because people are incompetent (though many are). Doctors also charge less here than they do in Europe, but I still expect them to cure me rather than kill me.

Salon owner in Chonburi in hot water for overcharging customers

CHONBURI, 28 September 2016 (NNT) - A beauty salon owner in Chonburi is now in hot water for overcharging her customers and trying to stop them from leaving the salon when they refused to pay. 

Damrong Tham Center and the Office of Consumer Protection Board officials visited Joy Beauty Salon in Bang Lamung district after her story was shared on Facebook. Many people, who claimed to be the salon’s customers, said the 50 year-old owner, Mrs. Kanda Upmakay, overcharged them. 

Authorities found that her salon was operated without a business license. Prices of beauty services were not structured like most salons. 

A man’s haircut would cost around 80 to 250 baht while a steam infusion hair service can cost up to 1,000 baht depending on one’s hair condition. The sign inside her salon also says an additional charge of 30% will be applied to each service given before 9 a.m. and after 9 p.m. 

Mrs. Kanda admitted she tried to stop some of her customers from leaving the salon for refusing to pay. However, she denied claims that she tried to lock them up in the past. The salon owner offered an apology and promised that it would never happen again. She was also told to change the prices and obtain a business license within seven days.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-28

• 2 weeks later...

I never had any problems with hair salons in Thailand , but I only visit professional places , where they are used to farang hair. I pay 250 baht , its worth it when you find a decent hairdresser, because they are rare in Thailand.