Thai stewardess - I just had the Thai passenger from hell!

webfact

Thai stewardess - I just had the Thai passenger from hell!

p4.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- While the embers of the incident where a Thai airline passenger made an air crew member prostrate themselves in apology are still warm comes another case of Thai air rage.

This time it is a rambling post of an air stewardess on a budget airline who posted on the Panthip page, reported Manager Online

Under the headline of "You just cant beat the Thais" the stewardess says that the 12 hours spent on a flight from Bangkok to Europe with one "famous" Thai man and his wife was the worst experience in 11 years in the air.

She said that the man is a respected household name in Thailand, a social commentator, known as an "ajarn" (professor).

But she describes how he complained throughout the flight from boarding to landing.

He banged the toilet door petulantly when he didn't get his way.

He moaned that he couldn't sit with his wife.

He complained that they didn't have a pillow and the shade didn't come down properly.

He called the staff idiots.

He spoke English using such phrases as "What the hell!" and "What the f@@k!" (twice).

He said to the stewardess: "Do you have any brains?"

When the moaning got too much and other passengers on the flight were getting upset she warned him that she would have to tell the pilot.

She phoned the pilot and spoke loudly so the passenger could hear. 

This finally shut him up for a while, said the stewardess who went under the name of Samudra.

The passenger had complained that he had paid "a hundred thousand baht" for his seat. Funny that, Samudra explained ironically as this was a budget airline and 30,000 baht would have been a lot.

Yet the celebrity just had a Mama noodle - and got his wife to ask for the hot water.

She said it was her worst experience in 11 years flying and she had written a report for the airline's "Security Department".

She said she could hardly believe that such a well known and respected person could be so horrible - and a Thai at that.

No names were given in the report leaving the public to speculate as to who the celebrity flying on a budget might be.

The story follows one earlier in the month on Air Asia when a rude Thai passenger made an air crew member prostrate themselves in apology for perceived poor service.

On that occasion CEO Tony Fernandes flew into Bangkok to smooth matters over.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-27

"She said she could hardly believe that such a well known and respected person could be so horrible - and a Thai at that."

Obviously she is not familiar with one segment of the male population of Thailand. Their self importance is way overblown and out of proportion with their true  importance as others see them. I saw one man light up a cigarette in front of a "No Smoking" sign in a crowded area and strut around. I was informed that he was the head of a small village of less than 100 people.  I am not sure why the man in the plane acted the way he did, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were trying to overcompensate for being a minor commentator in a minor market, and relegated to fly on a budget airline when he sees others flying first class on major airlines.  These people should be led off the plane as soon as they act up, and not wait for the plane to land. 

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

uk saying is "all mouth and no trousers" lol !!

The original saying was All mouth and trousers

The sometimes used saying  All mouth and no Trousers is a modern corruption of the original

This post is not meant in anyway to put the Cat amongst the pigeons or upset the apple cart as there is no point in crying over spilt milk