72 officials relieved of their duties pending investigations into their conduct

snoop1130

72 officials relieved of their duties pending investigations into their conduct

133_72-wpcf_728x409.jpg

A total of 72 officials most of them local administration officials were relieved of their active duties by an order of the chair of the National Council for Peace and Order, pending investigation into their conduct.

According to the Royal Gazette which published the NCPO’s order, the 72 officials were divided into five groups which include civil servants; policemen, local administration officials, executives of local administration bodies and tambon officials.

No details are available about the names of the officials or the wrongdoings they are suspected to have committed.

In the same order, government spokesman Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd was appointed the acting director-general of Public Relations Department in order to complement the public relations of the government and the NCPO during the transition period.

The new appointment will become effective as of October 1.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-27

some keep saying this coup and government are no different than any other before and I keep saying what is going on now is unpresidented in Thai history, I hope they have the time to keep going and complete the cleansing task that no other has ever attempted 

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

some keep saying this coup and government are no different than any other before and I keep saying what is going on now is unpresidented in Thai history, I hope they have the time to keep going and complete the cleansing task that no other has ever attempted 

I sincerely hope you're right, but I'd like to see some more impartiality, transparency and also some probes into questionable military spending and some big fish and police corruption arrests before Thais can feel they're on a road never travelled.

Also what about some BIG influential drug cartel arrests and their protectors in the services. They would also be welcome.

Who is conducting all these 'investigations' and 'probings' ?   The amount of people being turned over these days for one thing and another there must be bus loads of 'investigators' pouring all over the country.   In the last few months we have been informed of scores of people 'relieved of their duties' but are they suspended without pay ?  What we haven't seen so far is one actual court case for anyone or punishment being handed down.

Is this all a charade by the Junta to make people believe things are actually being done about corruption ?

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Who is conducting all these 'investigations' and 'probings' ?  

This is Sirilaksana Khoman, senior academic consultant and chair of Economic Sector Corruption Prevention at Thailand's National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC). It's her job to investigate and prosecute major corruption cases involving the state sector. She has more than a thousand staff in her department. And they have done nothing worthwhile.

Meanwhile, Sirilaksana has just flown first class on Emirates from Bangkok to Napoli, where she has now boarded a very expensive cruise in the Mediterranean. Not suggesting anything untoward with this holiday, just answering who is supposed to be conducting these investigations...

14445938_10154338115946154_5393719929211810916_n.jpg14462881_10154340891081154_1626663393282976617_n.jpg

Source: AMM

4 hours ago, smedly said:

What's unprecedented in Thai history? The windowdressing of human trafficking ,or the poor attempt to whitewash a little brother, or the cover up of a park construction ,or the silencing of victims of torture and death by members of the RTA by using the libel and slender laws, or, or? Take your pick.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

What's unpresedented in Thai history? The windowdressing of human trafficking ,or the poor attempt to whitewash a little brother, or the cover up of a park construction ,or the silencing of victims of torture and death by members of the RTA by using the libel and slender laws, or, or? Take your pick.

So often we get reports of "officials" being shunted to inactive posts, or relieved pending investigations. But, we seldom read reports of any of these people being convicted. 

It's sort of like all the arrest warrants that are issued for suspected bombers and the like, but we never get to see any prosecutions. 

At least, this report does include one outcome - Sansern Kaewkamnerd (the junta spokesman) is appointed the acting director-general of the Public Relations Department - definitely a merit selection! 

15 minutes ago, waldroj said:

So often we get reports of "officials" being shunted to inactive posts, or relieved pending investigations. But, we seldom read reports of any of these people being convicted. 

It's sort of like all the arrest warrants that are issued for suspected bombers and the like, but we never get to see any prosecutions. 

At least, this report does include one outcome - Sansern Kaewkamnerd (the junta spokesman) is appointed the acting director-general of the Public Relations Department - definitely a merit selection! 

Yes, it's a bit early for some posters to be doing a lap of honour.

Let's wait to see how many of the 72 actually appear in court or are dismissed, that's if we ever hear anything again.

10 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Duh! They're all clean, obviously... :thumbsup:

no they are not, but what I see is (unless I am totally wrong) is an attempt by one man to try and bring about some changes and call people to account

If any of you smart a^^es can come up with some other solution to the very obvious deep rooted Thailand problems of power abuse and corruption  then voice it instead just constantly vomiting your verbal nonsense on every thread on this forum

I said in a post here some years ago that Thailand needed a hero - someone that could wield enough power and have enough influence that nobody could or would stand against them and that they had an honest will to move Thailand out of the constant cycle of disfunction corruption power abuse and greed (which we all know exits and is at a level that puts it at one of the highest in history)...............it needs to stop

The only person that can make it stop is someone who has decided that enough is enough even if they have been guilty in the past it matters not, they must have enough power to overcome everything and everyone that is bad in Thailand.................the only place I can ever see that coming from is the military - if any one of you can offer some other solution to stop the corruption rot in this country then why not offer it up instead of just posting the constant verbal criticism nonsense that fills these threads...................offer up your own solutions or shut  up      tf

Prayuth has his faults and is less than perfect and I have said this many times but boy is he right now doing what most would regard as impossible in this very dysfunctional and corrupt country.........a very brave man indeed and he walks a thin line but one that seems to be going in the right direction, never forget that there are many evil powerful people who are being slowly removed and extracted from the cosey and powerful positions they have held for years.....they don't like it but are not in a position to do anything about it..........Prayuth must maintain a support base otherwise he will be removed - he is playing a very dangerous balancing act but I believe his intentions are good

we shall see 

PS didn't proof read so sorry for the typo's

oh and yes buying Subs from China is stupid and a waste of money and also there are many other things that are wrong, Japan would have been a better partner for the railway contract IMO - Thailand needs to be careful who they are getting into bed with.....Japan has a very big industrial stake here and Thailand should not forget that

Edited by smedly

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

no they are not, but what I see is (unless I am totally wrong) is an attempt by one man to try and bring about some changes and call people to account

If any of you smart a^^es can come up with some other solution to the very obvious deep rooted Thailand problems of power abuse and corruption  then voice it instead just constantly vomiting your verbal nonsense on every thread on this forum

I said in a post here some years ago that Thailand needed a hero - someone that could wield enough power and have enough influence that nobody could or would stand against them and that they had an honest will to move Thailand out of the constant cycle of disfunction corruption power abuse and greed (which we all know exits and is at a level that puts it at one of the highest in history)...............it needs to stop

The only person that can make it stop is someone who has decided that enough is enough even if they have been guilty in the past it matters not, they must have enough power to overcome everything and everyone that is bad in Thailand.................the only place I can ever see that coming from is the military - if any one of you can offer some other solution to stop the corruption rot in this country then why not offer it up instead of just posting the constant verbal criticism nonsense that fills these threads...................offer up your own solutions or shut  up      tf

Prayuth has his faults and is less than perfect and I have said this many times but boy is he right now doing what most would regard as impossible in this very dysfunctional and corrupt country.........a very brave man indeed and he walks a thin line but one that seems to be going in the right direction, never forget that there are many evil powerful people who are being slowly removed and extracted from the cosey and powerful positions they have held for years.....they don't like it but are not in a position to do anything about it..........Prayuth must maintain a support base otherwise he will be removed - he is playing a very dangerous balancing act but I believe his intentions are good

we shall see 

PS didn't proof read so sorry for the typo's

A hero? A brave man? Walking a thin line? You poor delusional soul.

Sadly, the forum rules and several archaic laws of the land preclude most of us smart a^^es from voicing any possible solutions, nor from accurately responding to this drivel. What we are allowed to do is discuss—within the rules and laws—the politics of this country on this public discussion forum, which is somewhat akin to discussing the story of the Titanic without mentioning the iceberg. Some of us use satire and sarcasm to deal with the daily, hourly, inanity - if that's too mirthful for you, or it hurts your delicate sensitivities, then you know what you can do.

If you really think he is doing this of his own accord, out of some altruistic love of country, then you're too far gone to even entertain.

54 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

A hero? A brave man? Walking a thin line? You poor delusional soul.

Sadly, the forum rules and several archaic laws of the land preclude most of us smart a^^es from voicing any possible solutions, nor from accurately responding to this drivel. What we are allowed to do is discuss—within the rules and laws—the politics of this country on this public discussion forum, which is somewhat akin to discussing the story of the Titanic without mentioning the iceberg. Some of us use satire and sarcasm to deal with the daily, hourly, inanity - if that's too mirthful for you, or it hurts your delicate sensitivities, then you know what you can do.

If you really think he is doing this of his own accord, out of some altruistic love of country, then you're too far gone to even entertain.

you think you are smart

how about instead of insults to other posters you actually offer some  "smart" solutions, you can't because you and your ilk don't have a clue - go ahead - you and your mates get together and come up with a roadmap to solve and eradicate the prolific power abuse thievery and corruption that has gone on in Thailand for decades............................I will give you a head start, most democracies have been born from severe conflict and civil wars - Thailand has managed to avoid it up to now but has come close several times

1 hour ago, tomwct said:

I'm looking forward to the Preecha's Son investigation! This will be interesting! I still love Preecha's wife's uniform with wings!

I would be surprised if anything happens, there are far more serious things to deal with here, it is not uncommon for officials in the west to have family and friends involved in some types of favoritism - there have been many situations were MP's in Westminster have had family member under their employment earning significant salaries although I believe it has been stopped or brought under scrutiny - you think it is any different here lol

The corruption in Thailand that needs to be dealt with runs into billions not a few million here and there, start at the top and work down eventually the message will sink in that it will not be tolerated at any level no matter who you are - but that is a long way off  

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

you think you are smart

how about instead of insults to other posters you actually offer some  "smart" solutions, you can't because you and your ilk don't have a clue - go ahead - you and your mates get together and come up with a roadmap to solve and eradicate the prolific power abuse thievery and corruption that has gone on in Thailand for decades............................I will give you a head start, most democracies have been born from severe conflict and civil wars - Thailand has managed to avoid it up to now but has come close several times

There were no insults, only pity. One would think someone who has been here for so long would understand the lay of the land.

As you failed to comprehend, any discussion of any possible roadmap out of Thailand's woes, any solution to the thievery that has plagued Thailand for decades, is strictly prohibited by law. What part of that don't you understand?

P.S. I'm no smarter than average, if that.

4 minutes ago, jamesbrock said:

P.S. I'm no smarter than average, if that.

average of what lol can you peel a banana at an average speed

and you still have not offered any solutions - I challenge you again - offer up some solutions and contribute to this thread - I am actually genuinely interested if you or your mates  can come up with something that can end the power abuse corruption and thieving that has been going on here for decades, yes of course the military are not clean either but what or who is going to stop the rot - so far nobody has even attempted it.................until now (at least that is what I believe) I could be wrong but I am willing to see how this turns out before I decide

No details are available about the names of the officials or the wrongdoings they are suspected to have committed.

He's making a list, checking it once, gonna find out who's red and who's not....

Must be nice to just make a list, get it gazetted and voila, enemies are out of the way. This must be that reconciliation we keep hearing about?

14 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

This is Sirilaksana Khoman, senior academic consultant and chair of Economic Sector Corruption Prevention at Thailand's National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC). It's her job to investigate and prosecute major corruption cases involving the state sector. She has more than a thousand staff in her department. And they have done nothing worthwhile.

Meanwhile, Sirilaksana has just flown first class on Emirates from Bangkok to Napoli, where she has now boarded a very expensive cruise in the Mediterranean. Not suggesting anything untoward with this holiday, just answering who is supposed to be conducting these investigations...

14445938_10154338115946154_5393719929211810916_n.jpg14462881_10154340891081154_1626663393282976617_n.jpg

Source: AMM

Do you have a death wish?