Blatant case of Fraud

The problem is ..... I invested some money in the Government Savings Bank at Saraburi in 2011. The scheme is a standard bond linked with the Lottery. The term / investment was 5 years.
In July this year, I went to the Government bank in Salaya to expect to withdrawal the full amount from both accounts as the investments was matured. Unfortunately the Bank Tellor informed me that both accounts were closed in 2012 and the certificates were fake. I have found that I wasn't elligble to invest as it was for THAI onlys. If that was the case, its a blatant case of FRAUD as the Bank Employee should have known and informed me in July 2011. The certificates were written in English and there were in my name, I have still got them in my possession. 
 What is my legal position now, is it still worth pursuing it through the local Poilce and with a Lawyer ? The fact it was invested in a Government Bank, will it give me some guarantee of security. 

I am embarrassed to say this  - I think my wife was involved, Personally, looking back - I think the money was invested in her name.  (only explanation I can think of)

I will be making a complaint to here  https://www.bot.or.th/English/BOTStoryTelling/Pages/1213_StoryTelling_Public.aspx

Finally, I will be going to the Bank and the Police Station in Saraburi next Monday with a Thai speaking person.

Thank you in advance. 

Very sad and you have my deepest sympathies, but are you sure that the bank issued the fake deposit certificates, and did you collect them yourself and how will you prove it? I think the original certificates were issued by the bank in your wife's name and she foreclosed it in 2012. She just gave you a dummy fake set of deposit certificates in your name, perhaps in cahoots with a bank employee if they were indeed issued at the bank premises, or were they delivered at home?

When you say they were written in English, do you mean they were hand written? These certificates are machine printed, by the same printers the bank uses to update pass books.

I have attached a genuine example with some details redacted. There is enough there for you to compare though.

If yours is handwritten someone has picked up a blank and written on it. It's worthless.

20160930_213044.png

Before spending money on lawyers firstly I would write a comprehensive description of what happened   and submit it to the OCPB which is free.

I had a very successful win three years ago against one of Thailand’s biggest corporations who were adamant about not changing their policy until the OCPB became involved and I got back every satang !

http://www.ocpb.go.th/ewtadmin/ewt/ocpb_eng/main.php?filename=index___EN

Edited by Asiantravel