Encroaching structures removed on Pattaya Soi 6

webfact

Encroaching structures removed on Soi 6

By Somchai Khotlamhae

1209-n5demolish.jpg

PATTAYA: -- City officials tore down ad-hoc stalls set up on Soi 6 and warned other business owners to take down awnings hanging over the narrow North Pattaya street.

Officials meet in Soi 6 to begin tearing down ad-hoc stalls and illegal additions to businesses there.

Legal chief Sretapol Boon­sawat oversaw the Sept. 19 operation to dismantle a shop and restaurant encroaching on a public alley connecting Soi 6 and Soi 6/1.

Both had been given warnings July 25 but had not removed their structures.

One structure was vacant, but the other shop owner said he was still trying to hire a contractor and asked for a week’s reprieve. It was granted.

Sretapol said the other problem with the formerly privately owned Soi Yodsak is that many of the buildings along the bar-lined sidestreet are modified and have expanded awnings out into the street to allow for parking.

Full story: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/encroaching-structures-removed-soi-6-150234

-- Pattaya Mail 2016-09-30

6 hours ago, Alive said:

I did a check. Yes, that is the Soi with all the small bars and loads of girls and ladyboys outside trying to drag you in. I guess all that is going soon. New Thailand is on the way.

In your dreams only :saai:

Is this an ongoing project to remove ad-hoc stalls and illegal obstructions in the public areas?

Soi Post Office and Soi Bakaw come to mind, as they no longer have footpaths, and are both dangerous to people walking in these areas.

Which makes me wonder if there are any legal provisions in the Pattaya City Engineers Office for dedicated mandatory foot paths on city owned roads and soi's?

1 hour ago, Keesters said:

Well done the City Hall. I've only two questions....why has it taken you so long? and when are you going to do the same everywhere else?

Taken so long? It's just recently that military power has entered city hall.

They're trying to scrap "encroaching" from the Thai dictionary.

I'm just waiting for the day that all 'structures' along Walking Street's seaside are going to be tear down.

22 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Taken so long? It's just recently that military power has entered city hall.

They're trying to scrap "encroaching" from the Thai dictionary.

I'm just waiting for the day that all 'structures' along Walking Street's seaside are going to be tear down.

It should not have taken the army to make city officials do their job. And the article does not mention army anyway it says "City officials tore down ad-hoc stalls "

On Sunday, October 02, 2016 at 8:52 AM, joepattaya1961 said:

And after that, how is life going to be so much better for you?

21 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Waiting for it doesn't necessarily imply that it will make me feel better, but if you'd like to know how I feel IF it happens............IDC!!

So actually it wouldn't have an effect on your personal life. It looks like since the jet ski scam has died down the mighty TVF Pointing Finger has now turned to the tolerance of the illegal structures, some successful businesses bringing in a good deal of money, I think (check the mobs of Chinese going into Nang Nual). We need a target for the Pointing Finger for those occasions when The Authorties happen to do something that might be construed as "good." Hence it's popping in a lot of threads these days w/ the usual irrelevancy.

Edited by JSixpack

Next all shops/restaurants that encroach on to public highways by claiming the space in front of their businesses belongs to them & is for their customers exclusively.  I can think of an Indian restaurant which has red beacons on the pavement thirty metres from soi 6.

On 10/6/2016 at 10:39 AM, mikebell said:

Next all shops/restaurants that encroach on to public highways by claiming the space in front of their businesses belongs to them & is for their customers exclusively.  I can think of an Indian restaurant which has red beacons on the pavement thirty metres from soi 6.

Same goes for the renting of that "parking space" to a street vendor.

Work begins to remove encroaching structures on Soi 6

1210-n14demolish.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Pattaya work crews backed by soldiers began their sweep down Soi 6, removing building extensions encroaching on public property.

Maintenance boss Phutset Charoenpoj and soldiers from the 21st Infantry, Queen’s Guard on Sept. 29 followed up on warnings handed out four days earlier.

They said some businesses had extended the roofs and awnings of commercial buildings illegally to cover part of the narrow street. When the property owners did not dismantle them, authorities stepped in.

See more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/work-begins-remove-encroaching-structures-soi-6-150972

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-10-07