Where can I buy locally produced organic yoghurt?

balo

I am not talking about the few imported items , which is very overpriced but I have seen locally produced yoghurt here that fits the bill but I do not remember the names. Rimping used to stock them but they now only sell import .  

Ice cream boutique makes their own , but the taste is not really good.    I remember the brand name starts with Diary xxxxxxxx . Thanks. 

Thanks , I will check it out. I went to JJ market today and in one of the health shops they sold locally produced greek yoghurt. I tasted it and it was perfect, just the way I remember it from back home. So I had to find out more about this.

The name of the company is Veggie's Diary. You can look them up on facebook. They sell their products outside of Maya , in the weekend market from Friday to Sunday. Both natural plain yoghurt and greek yoghurt . A big 500g box is 120 baht so that's a good price for quality yoghurt.

I make it with non-fat milk.  I once made my yogurt from soya milk.  I was disappointed. 

If you make your own, the "organic" milk makes thicker yogurt - at much greater cost - than does the regular milk off the shelf. 

Get a small can of Yolida and some fresh milk. Put one teaspoon Yolida in about 500ml Milk, and let it rest for about a day. Done. It's as organic as your milk would be. I do this for the dogs all the time and they love it.

As Mad Mac said easy to make but Hideaway Restaurant (Dao Cheeso )off Hang Dong Rd make yoghurt with skim or full cream milk ,Mediterranean Kitchen near Night Safari make organic yoghurt and a range of cheeses ,see fb page. Bulgaria available at Makro,Big C etc rates favourably on the GI index but expensive and as already mentioned Yolida, large and small size at Makro.

After living here for near on 7 years, I am so paranoid about Thai Food and Products, as everything has Salt, Sugar , Syrup , or Soy Sauce...., very difficult to buy Low Fat or Zero Calorie food..

even when eating out, I always say, No Sugar, No Salt , No Soy Sauce....

on on a positive note, love all the Tropical Fruits and Veg......

best or luck...

23 hours ago, amexpat said:

I make it with non-fat milk.  I once made my yogurt from soya milk.  I was disappointed. 

If you make your own, the "organic" milk makes thicker yogurt - at much greater cost - than does the regular milk off the shelf. 

how does organic milk make thicker yogurt than regular milk ?...................its milk...

2 hours ago, nongsangcity said:

how does organic milk make thicker yogurt than regular milk ?...................its milk...

Because the "organic" milk is milk.  I'm told the other is made from recombined milk. Seems likely since you don't see a lot of dairy cows around here and it's much cheaper to import the powder.

At any rate, it makes thicker yogurt.  

32 minutes ago, amexpat said:

Because the "organic" milk is milk.  I'm told the other is made from recombined milk. Seems likely since you don't see a lot of dairy cows around here and it's much cheaper to import the powder.

At any rate, it makes thicker yogurt.  

plenty of dairy cows here in sunny Thailand...regular milk in the supermarkets is cows milk............on another angle whos to say the milk powder isnt organic...Organic food etc isnt all its made out to be.......after 20 years plus in the milk game....isnt milk great.....i use to drink Kosher milk but thats another story........enjoy your yogurt.....

4 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

After living here for near on 7 years, I am so paranoid about Thai Food and Products, as everything has Salt, Sugar , Syrup , or Soy Sauce...., very difficult to buy Low Fat or Zero Calorie food..

even when eating out, I always say, No Sugar, No Salt , No Soy Sauce....

on on a positive note, love all the Tropical Fruits and Veg......

best or luck...

I have the small squeeze bottles of flavor enhancers sent over from the US. Zero calories and one 1.6 fluid oz bottle makes 24 bottles of water, really good. I like the Kool Aid brand the best, Strawberry, mixed berry, blueberry, blue raspberry, cherry. I don't like the orange, grape, green tea, or any of the lemonade flavors. Coke Zero and Diet Coke have so much caffeine I can't stand it. I also bring Stevia for sweetener in coffee. The Thais put sugar and MSG in everything don't they? The fruits and veggies are my choice also, Some of the stands on the golf courses have ice cold sliced up fruit, man is that nice when boiling in the sun. Have a good one.

1 hour ago, nongsangcity said:

regular milk in the supermarkets is cows milk............on another angle whos to say the milk powder isnt organic..

It is all cow's milk and if it is labeled fresh milk then it isn't recombined. There's some good discussion on t.v. about it. Maybe do a search on Foremost? 

"Organic" means nothing to me - except that it makes thicker yogurt than the brands I was using.  

3 hours ago, nongsangcity said:

plenty of dairy cows here in sunny Thailand...regular milk in the supermarkets is cows milk............on another angle whos to say the milk powder isnt organic...Organic food etc isnt all its made out to be.......after 20 years plus in the milk game....isnt milk great.....i use to drink Kosher milk but thats another story........enjoy your yogurt.....

Actually there is no where enough dairy cows Thailand to cater for population of 65m . There are. 4.9 m dairy cows in NZ and they sell into this country in powdered form which is re constituted into 'fresh milk's Milk has a limited shelf life if fresh,I thought that would be obvious.Nothing wrong with powdered milk check out the baby formulas in supermarkets,zillions of them .There are a few small herds around CM but more for local cheese makers and the like

3 hours ago, amexpat said:

It is all cow's milk and if it is labeled fresh milk then it isn't recombined. There's some good discussion on t.v. about it. Maybe do a search on Foremost? 

"Organic" means nothing to me - except that it makes thicker yogurt than the brands I was using.  

Amexpat....i am just having a laugh....i have over 20 years in milk production.....never waste your money on Organic products its all a con...as is Kosher milk and the rest....your just paying more money for normal regular milk....have a nice day...

27 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Actually there is no where enough dairy cows Thailand to cater for population of 65m . There are. 4.9 m dairy cows in NZ and they sell into this country in powdered form which is re constituted into 'fresh milk's Milk has a limited shelf life if fresh,I thought that would be obvious.Nothing wrong with powdered milk check out the baby formulas in supermarkets,zillions of them .There are a few small herds around CM but more for local cheese makers and the like

how many of the 65 million pop of thai people drink fresh milk....not many.....its too expensive.......coffee is 3 in one etc....fresh milk in supermarkets is from cows......there are many herds of milk cows in thailand....being an ex dairy man i have seen dairy cows all over thailand...powdered milk is mainly used in food processing ....baby food...coffee mate etc....supermarket milk is 3.9% fat and homoginised fresh milk....

35 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Contact "Butterfly" 100% Organic Yoghurt in bangkok, they have several flavours, I enjoy the one with no sugar.

2016-05-14 15.42.51.jpg

Archived