Walking Street

billybog

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gad. They are going to demolish the premier attraction of Pattaya during high season!!!!!! Are they barking, or is there not going to be a high season?

And then there is the massive sandbag  beach restoration project that is going through high season. On a related subject with all these summary  actions the military government is going through with: Walking st, Bali Hi  , Jet ski crackdown , zero tour crackdown . Alot of " various " forms of income has been removed from  "various"segments of Pattaya population . any feedback on how this is being taken by those most affected ?

Edited by morrobay
add

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there is the massive sandbag  beach restoration project that is going through high season. On a related subject with all these summary  actions the military government is going through with: Walking st, Bali Hi  , Jet ski crackdown , zero tour crackdown . Alot of " various " forms of income has been removed from  "various"segments of Pattaya population . any feedback on how this is being taken by those most affected ?

And cleaning up bangkok and phuket. What exactly is the problem, farang have been begging to destroy the Mafia's for 20 years

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, morrobay said:

various " forms of income has been removed from  "various"segments of Pattaya population . any feedback on how this is being taken by those most affected ?

They are all super happy !!

their jobs have after all be taken away by  "the good people"  who are bringing happiness back to Thailand

how can they not be happy...or else.

4 hours ago, mcfish said:

And cleaning up bangkok and phuket. What exactly is the problem, farang have been begging to destroy the Mafia's for 20 years

They could have been doing all that during low season. The poor people of Thailand have to earn money to live on, and they won't be earning much in Pattaya if all that is going on during high season. But, you knew that already.

They could have been doing all that during low season. The poor people of Thailand have to earn money to live on, and they won't be earning much in Pattaya if all that is going on during high season. But, you knew that already.

Since when do law makers anywhere on the planet wait for a low season to get thing's done? That's ridiculous but you already knew that :-)

On 10/20/2016 at 0:26 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I checked out soi BJ last night. Doesn't look like anything is happening with the proposed new mall. Hardly something attractive for tourists to look at in high season. Seems to me that they are trying to drive customers away.

As for the street, plenty of people, with loads of Indians. Many bars doing well. Those little black dresses have improved the girl's dress standards no end.

To be honest though, there wasn't much going on up Soi BJ that was attractive to tourists even in the highest of the high seasons back in the good old days. There was BJ's on the corner and one, solitary gogo bar about 25 m up on the left. I recall at least two beauty salons a few years back but the soi was pretty much a dead-end into cheap lodging for local workers so there aren't going to be legions of disappointed customers when there weren't any in the first place.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:38 PM, Chivas said:

Demolition  of Right hand side of Walking St will commence in January.

Multiple credible reports across the Media including Pattaya One //

Pattaya One? A credible source? LOL :sleep:

Please read again at their "article" here: http://pattayaone.news/en/landmark-in-reveiw/

There is nothing inside, no details, no facts. They just spread the rumor...

but I have still to see any official document about that "soon demolition"

I was in walking street last night around 8pm and didn't see any Chinese but wasn't there long after slipping into sugar babies but had to slap myself a few times to make sure it I wasn't dreaming... They really have gone? Sensational!

30 minutes ago, morrobay said:

These folks look very serious about changing Walking st/Pattaya 

Yes, they have to, as the NCPO ordered them to solve this problem,

but no decision has been taken in this meeting last month.

There must be another meeting this month on this subject...

Lets get real here..

Every business in Pattaya is making money off walking street directly

or indirectly....

Walking street put Pattaya on the map..

Walking street is the #1 tourist attraction in Pattaya and one of the top

tourist attractions in all of Thailand.....

Walking street is the economic engine of Pattaya...

Any one who thinks it would be a good idea to tear it down and build

a park needs their mental state checked out by professionals.. 

If you think about it there would hardly be any land for a park anyways

even with all the buildings removed from the ocean side of walking

street...There is just not much land there...

Edited by Rimmer

1 hour ago, fforest1 said:

Lets get real here..

Every business in Pattaya is making money off walking street directly

or indirectly....

Walking street put Pattaya on the map..

Walking street is the economic engine of Pattaya...

If you think about it there would hardly be any land for a park anyways

even with all the buildings removed from the ocean side of walking

street...There is just not much land there...

Pissin' in the wind, man. The vast TVF Hive Mind has ruled that it will all be torn down and replaced with a lovely park where chamber music concerts will be held regularly. Sarasota By The Sea, at Chang prices, w/ cheap sex, is the dream.

Its decisions are final, even when proved nonsense later--as with case of the Promenade redevelopment, ruled the End Of Tourism In Pattaya. Ironically, it had ruled the offending floors on the boutique hotel at Soi 17 wouldn't be torn down. It knows.

Hive-Mind-Clean2.jpeg

3 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Yes... so I went to the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website and did a search for Walking Street. Seems like there's a few of them around the Realm but the "#1 tourist attraction in Pattaya" only features on page 4 and 5 of the search when it is mentioned indirectly in a couple of articles, one about a charity event and the other about a hotel.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Yes... so I went to the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website and did a search for Walking Street. Seems like there's a few of them around the Realm but the "#1 tourist attraction in Pattaya" only features on page 4 and 5 of the search when it is mentioned indirectly in a couple of articles, one about a charity event and the other about a hotel.

Ok lets do a Google search

thailand walking street pattaya

Page 15 of about 147 results  (0.57 seconds) 

n order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 150 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included

2nd search- The word pattaya has been omited from the search

thailand walking street -pattaya

Page 20 of about 183 results  (0.72 seconds) 

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 190 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

You are right the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website is just

GaGa about every 2 bit walking street in Thailand except Pattays

walking street...

But what does google say?

Google gives 147 hits for Pattays walking street.....

And

Google gives 183 hits for all the rest of the walking streets in Thailand

combined....

So I guess the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website is not a very

reliable source of information on what is most popular...

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

6 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Ok lets do a Google search

thailand walking street pattaya

Page 15 of about 147 results  (0.57 seconds) 

n order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 150 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included

2nd search- The word pattaya has been omited from the search

thailand walking street -pattaya

Page 20 of about 183 results  (0.72 seconds) 

In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 190 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.

You are right the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website is just

GaGa about every 2 bit walking street in Thailand except Pattays

walking street...

But what does google say?

Google gives 147 hits for Pattays walking street.....

And

Google gives 183 hits for all the rest of the walking streets in Thailand

combined....

So I guess the Tourism Authority of Thailand's website is not a very

reliable source of information on what is most popular...

Whoosh!

On 11/9/2016 at 6:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Gad. They are going to demolish the premier attraction of Pattaya during high season!!!!!! Are they barking, or is there not going to be a high season?

what difference does it make if done in jan,feb, march or april if the common denominator is demolishing the promenade!

20 hours ago, fforest1 said:

apparently there are some who think demolishing  it would "change the image" of the country! sad but true!

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

what difference does it make if done in jan,feb, march or april if the common denominator is demolishing the promenade!

apparently there are some who think demolishing  it would "change the image" of the country! sad but true!

Yeah, all that phony farang hand wringing about the image of Thailand. 

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:38 PM, Chivas said:

Demolition  of Right hand side of Walking St will commence in January.

Does anyone have some credible information on what could happen? and when?

Demolition in January is just a rumour that some bad internet press continues to spread, but there is just zero% chance it will happen.

As far as I know, the October 6th meeting was just for information (no decision taken) and should be followed by another meeting "soon". Does anyone know when this next meeting will be?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Does anyone have some credible information on what could happen? and when?

Demolition in January is just a rumour that some bad internet press continues to spread, but there is just zero% chance it will happen.

As far as I know, the October 6th meeting was just for information (no decision taken) and should be followed by another meeting "soon". Does anyone know when this next meeting will be?

Thanks

No  :thumbsup:

Soooooo, the authorities think it's more important to demolish the main attraction of Pattaya during high season than to deal with the traffic, crime, the scams, the decrepitude, the crumbling infrastructure, the derelict marina, the Bali Hi carpark, the horrid view obstructing monstrocity and the lack of water.

With any luck the result will be cheaper accommodation for mongers as tourists flee to more amenable locations.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, the authorities think it's more important to demolish the main attraction of Pattaya during high season than to deal with the traffic, crime, the scams, the decrepitude, the crumbling infrastructure, the derelict marina, the Bali Hi carpark, the horrid view obstructing monstrocity and the lack of water.

With any luck the result will be cheaper accommodation for mongers as tourists flee to more amenable locations.

I seriously doubt that WS is the 'main attraction' of the thousands of tourists and other casual visitors that occupy Pattaya area hotels or the thousands of local weekenders that have invested in Pattaya seaside condominiums. Pattaya is already a hub for a range of regional non pay-for-play pursuits for the whole family. The aged monger, just like the demimondaine attractions he pursues are well past their sell-by date and are already desperately seeking company in Cambodia, etc..

Edited by NanLaew

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I seriously doubt that WS is the 'main attraction' of the thousands of tourists and other casual visitors that occupy Pattaya area hotels or the thousands of local weekenders that have invested in Pattaya seaside condominiums. Pattaya is already a hub for a range of regional non pay-for-play pursuits for the whole family. The aged monger, just like the demimondaine attractions he pursues are well past their sell-by date and are already desperately seeking company in Cambodia, etc..

Oh, so all those Chinese tourists that trailed through W S were going to a non tourist destination, hmmmmm.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, so all those Chinese tourists that trailed through W S were going to a non tourist destination, hmmmmm.

They were zero-baht, window lickers making their way to catch their bus at Bali Hai after being dropped off at the entrance of WS for a postprandial stroll.

Did they go into any gogo bar, eat in any restaurant or drink in any bar in WS?

And like yourself, they are long gone from Pattaya.

On 11/15/2016 at 4:36 PM, NanLaew said:

The aged monger,

Plenty Plenty of young mongers in Pattaya these days.....

By Golly there must be hundreds of other citys that all these family

tourist (that you hardly ever see in Pattaya) could visit in Thailand...

Most people have enough  intelligence to avoid walking street if

they dont want to see it.....