Body in the freezer: "Peter" admits to murder but police still doubtful as to how he did it

rooster59

Body in the freezer: "Peter" admits to murder but police still doubtful as to how he did it

peter.jpg

BANGKOK:-- A week after the sensational case of the passport gang with the cut up body in the freezer broke in Bangkok the suspected ringleader of the gang has admitted to murder.

"Peter" whose name is still in doubt told investigators at Phrakhanong police station that he attacked the man over a debt. 

He was joined in the attack by a man who later died and who he took for cremation to a temple in Huay Kwang, he claimed.

The dead man was believed to be a 40 -45 Hungarian national.

He said the killing happened in 2008. Following the attack he said he didn't know what to do with the body as he was all of 180 centimeters tall. 

After being with the corpse for two days he bought a large freezer, cut him up and put him in it.

But police are still doubtful about this story, reported Matichon.

there were no visible signs of an attack on the body. Police still believe that some kind of poison or drug was used to kill the man, a substance that has since dissipated in the eight years since the murder.

Channel 3 TV news reported that Chula forensics said that the man had died from suffocation or poisoning. He was 40-45 years old at the time of death and 179 centimeters tall. TV news also said he was Hungarian without elaborating.

Sanook.com reported earlier in the day that two sets of cutting equipment were now being examined by forensics at police headquarters.

They also quoted Sanit Mahathavorn of the metropolitan police as saying that fingerprints inside the bin bags used to wrap the cut up body had been identified though no further details were given.

Sanit was still playing things close to his chest though he did say earlier Friday that "matters would be clear before the end of this week".

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, catman20 said:

why his his face black and blue?????????  no wonder he confessed 

Yes, I still think it's a fit up.

Westerners only come to Thailand to drink beer and watch the odd titillating girlie show or game of footie.

They never get up to no good here.

6 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would have to wonder if his lawyer us with him during the interrogations. i suspect they are not being conducted on camera either. 

I don't think anyone would give a damn if he was from anywhere but a 'civilised' Western country.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Sanit was still playing things close to his chest though he did say earlier Friday that "matters would be clear before the end of this week".

Sounds like it time to contact the spirit of Harry Houdini on this one. Also maybe Carnac the Great one of his great answers was 
.Q: What's the best thing to do if you swallow a hand grenade?

A: Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

I don't understand what's going on with the naming, or lack of naming, of the head suspect here. Today's TV article above doesn't use any full name, just the now discredited "Peter," saying the real name is in doubt. But today's The Nation article names him as Herbert Grey Lefron.

But both of those come after a pretty clear and specific report by Khaosod English on Friday that, quoting the Immigration chief citing FBI records, identifies the guy as Herbert Craig La Fon, and has a photo of an FBI wanted poster with that exact spelling of his name.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/28/the-americans-head-forgery-ring-suspect-ran-from-fbi/

I mean, do any of the people writing these articles actually pay any attention to the details involved and what information other news outlets are reporting, or, more likely, they're just parroting whatever the police official spouting at the moment happens to say, and make the spelling of names whatever it happens to vaguely sound like when the police speak them?

Of course, the Thai "news media" also can't even decide how to consistently spell the name of the current Immigration national commander. Almost every article and every local media outlet spells the guy's name differently, and often differently from article to article in the same news outlet.

But then again, the TAT and their expat festival event website listed their entertainment lineup as including "Maxican" music -- seemingly unaware that Mexico is actually a country and they can find it, and the correct spelling of the country's name, on pretty much any map of the world. If anyone actually bothered to check or look, which apparently they don't!

Reading this rubbish makes me want to cry....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

So Peter who may not be Peter, leaves the police questioning how Peter did the crime.

That means that if Peter is not Peter, then the police need not question how Peter did the crime.

Simple, isn't it ???

Anyone who wishes to purchase a second hand/arm/head/foot/leg/torso,freezer, please contact Peter or maybe not Peter.

Edited by mankondang

39 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

would have to wonder if his lawyer us with him during the interrogations. i suspect they are not being conducted on camera either. 

They probably are, but for some reason the camera keeps shuttind down. Damned technology!

16 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't understand what's going on with the naming, or lack of naming, of the head suspect here. Today's TV article above doesn't use any full name, just the now discredited "Peter," saying the real name is in doubt. But today's The Nation article names him as Herbert Grey Lefron.

But both of those come after a pretty clear and specific report by Khaosod English on Friday that, quoting the Immigration chief citing FBI records, identifies the guy as Herbert Craig La Fon, and has a photo of an FBI wanted poster with that exact spelling of his name.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/28/the-americans-head-forgery-ring-suspect-ran-from-fbi/

I mean, do any of the people writing these articles actually pay any attention to the details involved and what information other news outlets are reporting, or, more likely, they're just parroting whatever the police official spouting at the moment happens to say, and make the spelling of names whatever it happens to vaguely sound like when the police speak them?

Of course, the Thai "news media" also can't even decide how to consistently spell the name of the current Immigration national commander. Almost every article and every local media outlet spells the guy's name differently, and often differently from article to article in the same news outlet.

But then again, the TAT and their expat festival event website listed their entertainment lineup as including "Maxican" music -- seemingly unaware that Mexico is actually a country and they can find it, and the correct spelling of the country's name, on pretty much any map of the world. If anyone actually bothered to check or look, which apparently they don't!

Come on man, it's part of the fun of living here. Where else can you go to a restaurant and find the Thai "poo" translated as crap. It took me some time to decide between the steamed crap or the fried crap.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said the killing happened in 2008. Following the attack he said he didn't know what to do with the body as he was all of 180 centimeters tall. 

If he would be 140 cm tall it would have made a world of difference I suppose.... :whistling:

1 hour ago, IamNoone88 said:

The police are being very thorough on this one ....... likely no influential local figures involved..... 

Exactly what I was thinking, if this degree of forensic examination was applied to the Burmese 2 then some gangs would be out of business.

52 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Get used to it. These days reporters are thrown into the deep end with little preparation, while the era of professional sub editors is almost over. There's no money in news anymore. Couple that with declining literacy standards courtesy of trendy educators, and ....

Edited by Dexlowe
Added a word