Body in the freezer: "Peter" admits to murder but police still doubtful as to how he did it

rooster59

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

why his his face black and blue?????????  no wonder he confessed 

I suspect it's because he shot a policeman and did not put the gun down and immediately submit to arrest.

The photo was taken minutes after the shooting and arrest.

13 minutes ago, pkspeaker said:

in ALL that time, he couldn't figure out someway of getting rid of the body?  You wouold think in the fake passport business there would be some guy like that dude in pulp fiction that specializes in this sort of thing.

Yes that's the info we all want to know

It seems a very sicko thing to keep a body that long and go to the trouble of lugging it around with you.

The guy is a very devious and sicko anyway, on the run for 40 years and involved in credit card fraud since 1979.

I don't know if the truth will ever come out although maybe the others might give something up.

I'm sure they could have used the parts as foundations around Bangkok and it seems none would be the wiser.

So what is the reason???, either the guy is seriously sick in the head or some other reason, maybe there is a missing persons alert out somewhere and when they identify him his relatives might shed some light on the case. ???

Looks like the grounds here for a new Bangkok book. "Meltdown in Bangkok "

Suspense!!!

Why would black-and-blue"Peter" admit to complicity in murder when it is clear that the chances of the police finding sufficient evidence for a conviction without a confession would be virtually nil?

Clearly,as we have learned from the confessions of other alleged killers such as the two young men convicted for the deaths of a British couple on Koh Tao, the Thai forces of law and order can be extraordinarily persuasive.

The state of the man's face has, of course, absolutely no connection to the methods of interrogation employed.

"But police are still doubtful about this story, reported Matichon."

Join the club.

Well it looks to me like he was interviewed by Mike Tyson (Over 10 Rounds) I don't believe for one minute that he would confess just like that.

Edited by SHARX

2 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

in ALL that time, he couldn't figure out someway of getting rid of the body?  You wouold think in the fake passport business there would be some guy like that dude in pulp fiction that specializes in this sort of thing.

I wonder if this would be a business open only to Thai nationals?

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't understand what's going on with the naming, or lack of naming, of the head suspect here. Today's TV article above doesn't use any full name, just the now discredited "Peter," saying the real name is in doubt. But today's The Nation article names him as Herbert Grey Lefron.

But both of those come after a pretty clear and specific report by Khaosod English on Friday that, quoting the Immigration chief citing FBI records, identifies the guy as Herbert Craig La Fon, and has a photo of an FBI wanted poster with that exact spelling of his name.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/28/the-americans-head-forgery-ring-suspect-ran-from-fbi/

I mean, do any of the people writing these articles actually pay any attention to the details involved and what information other news outlets are reporting, or, more likely, they're just parroting whatever the police official spouting at the moment happens to say, and make the spelling of names whatever it happens to vaguely sound like when the police speak them?

Of course, the Thai "news media" also can't even decide how to consistently spell the name of the current Immigration national commander. Almost every article and every local media outlet spells the guy's name differently, and often differently from article to article in the same news outlet.

But then again, the TAT and their expat festival event website listed their entertainment lineup as including "Maxican" music -- seemingly unaware that Mexico is actually a country and they can find it, and the correct spelling of the country's name, on pretty much any map of the world. If anyone actually bothered to check or look, which apparently they don't!

Reading this rubbish makes me want to cry....

Well, in this instance I have to say that Western names being translated back and forth out of Thai are always going to have problems.  Their alphabet system and sounds are totally different from any western language who mostly use variations on the so-called Arabic alphabet.  It all depends on what source the journo was quoting from as to how any western name sounds after it has been translated into Thai and back out again for us to read in TVF or any other English-targeted Thai news service. Ya gotta feel a bit sorry for them.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said the killing happened in 2008. Following the attack he said he didn't know what to do with the body as he was all of 180 centimeters tall. 

"Oh my god I have murdered a tall man!  How on earth do I dispose of a tall body?"  Maybe the same way you dispose of a short man?

Sanit is exhausting all leads to access the accused  financials. This has been a lengthy process. As slow and unprofessional as we are. We have managed to come to the conclusion that Mr Peter has no money. Therefore it is now a standard case. I try to step in during the early stages to ensure 100% corruption success rate. We have had bad media and army all over me. They say I ask  to much ::: him have money or not.

8 hours ago, catman20 said:

why his his face black and blue?????????  no wonder he confessed 

That's a just-post-arrest pre-interrogation photo. Remember that he resisted arrest by shooting a police officer just minutes before that photo was taken. They're not going to politely ask him to put his hands behind his back for the handcuffs. In the US they would have likely shot him. A few bruises are better than that, I'm sure...

5 hours ago, FredNL said:

If someone has debts to me, I am not going to kill that one. I won't get paid...
But in this country many think different.

Wrong. There is a universal rule: every now and then you have to set an example so all the other debtors know you mean business. You can either choose someone who most likely never will be able to repay or just anyone and write off his debt as overhead costs.

Expertise based on: watching MANY movies

When he resisted being arrested the cops rough him up a little. You know when you refused to be handcuffed, you shouting the four letters word, you wouldn't stay still, and you spit at the faces of the cops. So what do you think the cops did? Especially when you are not well paid for a job and prisoner giving you problem you tend to screw up the job.

In my country the cops would use a telephone directory (the thick book) to bang on your chest. Oh, it hurts real bad when you do that. I am not sure Thai police do that or not.

On 30/09/2016 at 6:34 PM, YeahSiam said:

Yes, I still think it's a fit up.

Westerners only come to Thailand to drink beer and watch the odd titillating girlie show or game of footie.

They never get up to no good here.

Oh, YeahSiam you forgot one thing, westerners were told that in thailand you can always fix anything when you pay. That's why they are all here.

On 10/1/2016 at 8:34 AM, YeahSiam said:

Yes, I still think it's a fit up.

Westerners only come to Thailand to drink beer and watch the odd titillating girlie show or game of footie.

They never get up to no good here.

He without sin throw the first stone .............

11 hours ago, madusa said:

When he resisted being arrested the cops rough him up a little. You know when you refused to be handcuffed, you shouting the four letters word, you wouldn't stay still, and you spit at the faces of the cops. So what do you think the cops did? Especially when you are not well paid for a job and prisoner giving you problem you tend to screw up the job.

In my country the cops would use a telephone directory (the thick book) to bang on your chest. Oh, it hurts real bad when you do that. I am not sure Thai police do that or not.

In the UK they would give him a tax payer funded course on anger management.