Moonlighting cop in a taxi drowns in klong after going the wrong way at a U-Turn

rooster59

average driving skills are poor and many dont care about going the wrong way, speeding, etc etc. i'd venture to quess a cop would be no different and likely worse given the mindset of impunity.

Edited by atyclb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Please post in a civil manner.   A person has died.   Posts have been removed along with replies.  

millions of living things die daily, do we ponder them, surely in the  good land of buddhists.

1 hour ago, fishhooks said:

Another posting here on T.V. where it should be obvious most of the replies are actually just going to "Send Up"the original listing rather than be able to post anything factual or be able to help with worthwhile information.

you mean like "caution driving the wrong  way on a road at speed may lead to injury or death"

How obvious does it have to be?

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Thank goodness none of us has ever done anything that could be viewed as illegal or poorly thought out- possibly as a result of exhaustion from working several jobs..  

It seems that makes it perfectly acceptable to revel in the tragedy of another- who left behind a family who are grieving.

is a bit  different to dropping  litter though isnt it, id  put in on a par with russian roulette

electric windows and door locks , once it was in the water they would have become inoperable, partially open window to allow the water to go in quickly and he had no way of escaping. Panic and not knowing what to do would also been a big factor, some people dont really know how to escape from a submerged car

Since we hear of people dying unnecessarily every day here, I think it's clear how immune we have become to hearing bad news like this. It's a sad loss of life and it would have been easily preventable if the rules of the road were ever enforced. I know this will never happen in my lifetime though.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nothing in this story is Comical or Hilarious....  It is Ironic...  but some of the posts identify those who are lacking in any form of empathy and who's vocabulary is very short on suitable adjectives.... 

Back to the Story - What a horrible way to go...  just imagining the panic is awful... 

This event was self inflicted there is a limit to my sympathy and his actions go well beyond that

End of 

8 hours ago, trogers said:

Very very difficult to feel empathy to a victim of the Law of Karma, especially when the victim had thought he was the Law (of men)...

What a vindictive sad person you are. The driver could very likely have been a victim of Thailand notoriously bad roads. Anyone who has driven in Thailand will know there are many roads that have poor or nonexistent signs warning of roadside directions or hazards.

Few people want to admit that Thailand is still very much a 3rd world country and not only driver behavior but the road conditions do play a part in many accidents as well.

7 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

driving the wrong way

swerved

hit a power pole and

ended up in the water.

His cries for help were in vain.

I wonder why?

It said a dam had been opened so I guess the waters were surging which would have put anyone off attempting a rescue for fear of getting swept away themselves. It probably looked something like you see in the video.

12 hours ago, trogers said:

A trainer of cops? What did he teach? Driving?

Real funny.....especially as it's at the expense of a person who has just died. May the deceased RIP. Condolences to his family for who he was probably doing an extra job to support. 

8 hours ago, trogers said:

Very very difficult to feel empathy to a victim of the Law of Karma, especially when the victim had thought he was the Law (of men)...

You are a REAL CHARMER and obviously a credit to your Mother and whichever "Daddy or Uncle" raised you!

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

What a vindictive sad person you are. The driver could very likely have been a victim of Thailand notoriously bad roads. Anyone who has driven in Thailand will know there are many roads that have poor or nonexistent signs warning of roadside directions or hazards.

Few people want to admit that Thailand is still very much a 3rd world country and not only driver behavior but the road conditions do play a part in many accidents as well.

Use your brain matter a little.

How would you drive over a bridge, keep left and make a U-turn into a side road next to the side of the bridge?

The other possible way to get into this side road next to the bridge is to have made a stop at a petrol station or similar, drive out and turn right, driving against traffic into the side road.

The latter was the more probable course of action taken in order to drive into the side road at high speed.

There had been a deliberate attempt to go against traffic, no mistaken whatsoever.

Boo hoo...he has my sympathies...

4 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

You are a REAL CHARMER and obviously a credit to your Mother and whichever "Daddy or Uncle" raised you!

Put down your banner. This fool was obviously driving dangerously, doing a job he wasn't supposed to be doing. These people never learn.

13 hours ago, Mousehound said:

Anyone that thinks someone dying in such circumstances is amusing are trailer trash.  The guy was trying to make a living - most likely has a family.  As for Karma - I hope some of the posters on this thread get a dose.

He thought he was superhuman and could break the laws of the road. Stop feeling sorry for him.