Next England Manager, Who?

sotsira

Interesting article by the BBC showing the front runners being asked whether they would be 

willing to take on the England job.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37526298

Although all saying they are committed to their current employers we all know how this works.

Or could it be Gareth Southgate taking over as interim until the end of the season when Arsene 

Wenger's current contract expires?

Martin Glenn chief executive of the FA has singled out Wenger as the "perfect fit"

Interesting to say the least.

This TVF has the leading contender for this job and I would like to nominate Bredbury Blue,unknown outside Thailand I know but his knowledge about the game is second to non,if sponsorship will help with his nomination I will be the first to donate.

:wai:

Otherwise give the job to Steevie Bruce :thumbsup:

Edited by petermik

26 minutes ago, petermik said:

This TVF has the leading contender for this job and I would like to nominate Bredbury Blue,unknown outside Thailand I know but his knowledge about the game is second to non,if sponsorship will help with his nomination I will be the first to donate.

:wai:

Otherwise give the job to Steevie Bruce :thumbsup:

Steve Bruce!!!!!!!!   On second thoughts this FA is easily stupid enough to do just that.

It will need a tactically astute manager, focusing on technique and able to get the most out of the players available.  So, that counts out anyone English, although the guy at Bournemouth definitely shows promise.

Just go foreign and hope the FA keep their beaks out of things whilst the new coach manages to woeful over expectations of the nation.  

Whatever happens, Rooney must play and must be captain because he's just soon world class.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

It will need a tactically astute manager, focusing on technique

If you have to focus on technique, your players are simply not good enough.

No, the FA's primary criteria will be honesty and lack of scandals.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offer it to the Dalai Lama.

Nothing at all against Arsene Wenger. However,I can't really see how he can be a perfect fit, in light of the fact that for the last 10'ish years he's won very little at club level. He may be scandal-free but he's almost trophy-free too.

Edited by Andrew65

31 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Nothing at all against Arsene Wenger. However,I can't really see how he can be a perfect fit, in light of the fact that for the last 10'ish years he's won very little at club level. He may be scandal-free but he's almost trophy-free too.

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH25255B125255D5B15D.

I think Arsene would be stupid if he accepted. Look what happened with Harry R: was doing very well with exciting Tottenham team, then got manager job. being a national team manager seems like lots of responsibility with very little control, like managing a pick up team at a local park. Club ball is much better gig.

That said, I am available. I'm a yank, no football experience other than watching, but all those free passes to games would be nice. But then again, many yanks seem to want leaders with no experience. Unlike you know who, I am not a narcissist but do feel oncoming dementia like him

Oh, you are talking about football.

I thought that maybe England had ditched the idea of a Prime Minister and the top job was now called 'England Manager' (soon to be advertised in the press as a casual vacancy for a 3 year contract - any nationality acceptable - with an annual bonus based on performance as rated by Parliament).

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

England have won few trophies, if any, since 1966.

Aresene Wenger is the most successful Manager in the history of football. Not by total number of trophies, but by consistency with one Club: 20 consecutive years in the top four of the Premier League of WORLD football. Most Clubs don't reach top four in any year despite having good Managers. How many matches? How many Players  has he had to manage?

He would be my choice - I just wish he was English!

16 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

England have won few trophies, if any, since 1966.

Aresene Wenger is the most successful Manager in the history of football. Not by total number of trophies, but by consistency with one Club: 20 consecutive years in the top four of the Premier League of WORLD football. Most Clubs don't reach top four in any year despite having good Managers. How many matches? How many Players  has he had to manage?

He would be my choice - I just wish he was English!

Erm, Alex Ferguson?

I'd love to see Alex Ferguson sitting at Hampden as manager of England playing Rooney as his captain in central midfield having said "Rooney is the best England player of his generation....he will play 90 mins today"

Joe Hart in goal and Harry Kane and Sturridge as wing backs please.

Where is Bredbury Blue when we need him,the FA will not make any decision unless he is consulted first......BB where are you?

SOS............ I know he likes bird watching so if any members see anything resembling a farang  twittering in their back garden please let him know his input is essential to the future of English football :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, smokie36 said:

I'd love to see Alex Ferguson sitting at Hampden as manager of England playing Rooney as his captain in central midfield having said "Rooney is the best England player of his generation....he will play 90 mins today"

Joe Hart in goal and Harry Kane and Sturridge as wing backs please.

And big Sam at centre half :clap2:

9 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

He wasn't as consistent as Wenger and he isn't available now for any Club. I do agree however, that his managing career was very fruitful.

Sorry Chris, but  2nd-4th place finishes & League Cup wins don't count for me.

Fergie was far more successful than Wenger, you have to remember 2 Champions League wins also.

As far as appointing non-english managers goes, Erikson & Capello didn't exactly set the world on fire as England managers!

The last time England had a decent team was in the Bobby Robson era. It's interesting to look at the Wikipedia pages for Rooney & Lineker, and the kinds of teams that they scored against in internationals.

(I am a Liverpool fan by the way).

I expect either Pardew or Pullis will get the vote - neither of them could be worse than Alladyce who showed he learnt nothing from the Euros by picking the same out of form players as Hodgson, and scraping a lucky win.

However you look at it, Wenger is a class above those two but he won't have the same passion for his adoptive country - and that's what's needed to get the England team back on the world stage and fighting for the trophy.

And to Southgate - do NOT pick Kane until he finds club form and goals, or Hart as he concedes easy goals, and as to Sterling his form is improving but he's still a lightweight at world level.

Jack Charlton ..... After England were beat by Iceland, interview with Jack.

Journo .. " Jack, if you boys from the '66 world cup had played tonight, what would the score have been ?"

Jack .. " We would have won 1-0"

Journo .. " Only 1-0"

Jack .. " Well half of us are now in our seventies and the other half are dead".

11 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

(I am a Liverpool fan by the way).

Andrew............sorry about that,we all have our crosses to bear so stick with them you never know a Premiership win MAY come along one day    :cheesy:

4 minutes ago, petermik said:

Andrew............sorry about that,we all have our crosses to bear so stick with them you never know a Premiership win MAY come along one day    :cheesy:

I only mentioned it to show where my loyalties lie, and as I said nothing aginst Wenger.

We'll see how things go with Herr Klopp at Liverpool!

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I expect either Pardew or Pullis will get the vote - neither of them could be worse than Alladyce who showed he learnt nothing from the Euros by picking the same out of form players as Hodgson, and scraping a lucky win.

However you look at it, Wenger is a class above those two but he won't have the same passion for his adoptive country - and that's what's needed to get the England team back on the world stage and fighting for the trophy.

And to Southgate - do NOT pick Kane until he finds club form and goals, or Hart as he concedes easy goals, and as to Sterling his form is improving but he's still a lightweight at world level.

Pulis is Welsh and would, I hope, tell the English FA to fk off.