Ridicule and pity of Americans abroad ...

Jingthing

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You gotta poll all your lesbian friends. If Trump gets elected hopefully he'll often bring out Ivanka and give her some meaningful role. She really helps balance out his rough edges.

Well I hate to break it to you, but I don't have any lesbian friends ...at least that I know of.  I hope you aren't implying that because I made a point about sexism, that I must gay and run with a pack of lesbians.  But if you didn't mean that, then never mind.  Also, I don't support Trump either and not sure what role Ivanka would be appropriate for.   However, yes, she is attractive and well-spoken and well-educated, I agree.

Anything that comes out of CNN in regards to political amd global affairs is nothing more than their usual government propaganda. No different than RT News propagating Russian interests. CNN is by far the worst news government propaganda machine in America.

On 3/10/2016 at 1:48 AM, swissie said:

Relax. Hillary will win by 51%.

The remaining 49% that voted for TRUMP WILL WORRY THE REST OF THE WORLD !

Cheers.

No, Libertarians remain and 5% and Greens at 4%.  After this election, their percentages will increase dramatically.  Clinton and Trump are both a disgrace.  Trump will loose huge if he does not become president.  The American people will be the real losers either way  

Its one thing to have 2 horrible and dishonest candidates ( what happened to Bernie  ?) running for a countries leadership ... most countries suffer that problem .

But its another thing to spend inordinate amounts of news space and media coverage ( what nation owns most of that btw ?) and TIME boring the nipples off the world for 10  whole months,  with their weaknesses.

Alls it does is show that its only multi-millionaires  that can last the distance financially,  and that the double speak that "Every American boy can be The President" is  completely farcical.

If only a tenth of the effort  and expenditure was put into looking at political reform...

Having just arrived back to LOS from 2 months in the Divided States have to say the whole place is a shi*t storm just waiting to happen.....????, but as always, everyone will get over it and move on with life as we know it.....?

Lots is of things I miss about Miss USA and making plans to launch back that way after the election and enjoy the ride.....just not on State Street in Chicago......because White lives Matter....?

image.jpeg

There was that window starting January 2009 when Americans didn't feel need to apologize for our leader. That took major hit after "line is sand" debacle.

The extended election cycle, the vicious attacks and slanders, the pressure are more than enough to dissuade "better" candidates from running for president. Not worth the coin. Probably look at what have to go through and decide "if I have to choose, I think I'd prefer colon cancer".

Americans might have reason to be embarrassed about her politics, but so to does every country.

One only has to look at heads of state everywhere.

Is there even one good one?

I guess you could you say the selection of these heads of state by the people is an indication of the intelligence of the common population?

a scary thought.

considering those on offer now, i think Ozzy Osbourne would be a more credible and wise potus.

Ozzy for president!!

On 3.10.2559 at 7:43 AM, giddyup said:

I have to admit that out a population of over 300 million, the best candidates that America can produce is a buffoon like Trump, and a dishonest and morally bankrupt Hilary Clinton. Things don't bode well for America.

And for the whole world.

American people should mass rally to Washington to demand other candidates,

they should do whatever they can to avoid any of these two evils to become PotUS

On 10/03/2016 at 2:11 AM, Jingthing said:

You clearly misunderstood the topic.

It's not about whether you like Bourdain or not. I see you don't.

It's about the question of how Americans are viewed now by foreigners that are following the election (and clearly many are) and whether it has CHANGED significantly because of it.

I think it has. 

I am not a US citizen.

I am not making a choice, because which candidate is going to be president is not my business.

As the US choice might have an impact on my life, I feel I am allowed to voice my concerns.

The first one is that of the two viable candidates I think I favour Mr Trump.

The reason is that the outgoing president leaves the world much more dangerous as it was before.

I am afraid Mrs Clinton will go on making the world more unsafe.

The second one is that I am an opponent to political families.

Her husband has been president, she should never be allowed to become president.

The third is I do not really trust her.

Why?

I have no idea.

So for me it is Trump.

He may make mistakes, may not be best in debating, but he seems to be the best of two doubtful candidates.

But what I really feel bad about is the fact that as a head of state the US presidents have too much power invested in the function.

Actually the president has more power as Kings had in the past.

And what worries me greatly is the quality of candidates for the function.

And not only the two candidates now slogging it out.

14 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Americans might have reason to be embarrassed about her politics, but so to does every country.

I guess you could you say the selection of these heads of state by the people is an indication of the intelligence of the common population?

a scary thought.

considering those on offer now, i think Ozzy Osbourne would be a more credible and wise potus.

Ozzy for president!!

"...by the people ..."

Really ????

Observation made , no doubt , at one of Bourdain's very rare

sober moments.

Americans are not voting for Trump, they are voting 

against the status quo, do nothing, self serving politicians. 

Turmp, unfortunately, was the only one with guts enough

to tell the people the truth, they already knew, and all the PC

BS of the last 8 years has embarrassed America around the

globe.

Edited by little mary sunshine

7 minutes ago, bark said:

Many American travel with Canadian Flags on their luggage. Canadian fly under the radar, most people like them.

Many Americans do not stay at American owned hotels.

Maybe they should quit speaking 10 times louder than everyone else?

I heard an interesting show on the radio yesterday, kinda fits with this topic.

A guy was interviewing some American soldiers abroad regarding the upcoming election, loads of them gave their opinions good and bad for both candidates, however, when pressed for an answer as to who they will vote for most of them declined to say who.

The interviewer went on to say that this was becoming a common trait among people being asked who they would vote for, and he said that many analysts viewed this as most likely these were being people that would vote for Trump but the stigma attached to that prevented them from admitting it. 

Interesting.

Edited by LennyW

16 minutes ago, bark said:

Many American travel with Canadian Flags on their luggage. Canadian fly under the radar, most people like them.

Many Americans do not stay at American owned hotels.

What kind of nonsense is this? Where did you get this gem of insight? 

Stupidest thing I have read in a while. 

7 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Maybe they should quit speaking 10 times louder than everyone else?

:rolleyes:

Riiiiight and I'm sure our civilized English/Australian friends are the upper crust of like-a-sir courtesy. 

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not personally, but collectively as CITIZENS, I think Americans have FAILED. That we have these two choices. That the election is so sleazy. That the truth about anything is irrelevant. The founders knew the citizens needed to hold up their end of the bargain to make it work and that democracy is fragile and not a sure thing. They weren't fooling. 

Do you think you've held up your end of the bargain?

8 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

Point taken.

The parties have a lot to answer for..the buffoons they put up.

Nevertheless, the people still conveniently get the blame in the end though.

Yes , thats my point.

The parties are so into "who has the biggest profile?" and ,  "who gathers the biggest ( economic ) clout ?" that its well nigh impossible , no matter what THE PEOPLE should want , to bring a grass roots REAL  peoples person , to the Presidency.

Thus the need for reform.

But it seems the  US constituency also see the laws and processes as set in concrete , and  reform or change as dangerous.

Even gun lobbyists will say that guns are dangerous objects , and Everyone will admit that the US is awash with them.

But just mention curtailing the Right to Carry ( something set in place hundreds of years ago )  , and the move for reform fizzles out...

So jittery cops will keep shooting citizens ( on the premise they are probably armed )  , and maniacs  will continue shooting up schools.

Maybe 'the people' continually and unjustly get the blame as you say ,  because they're the ones that  always say that 'the people ' make all the decisions , when I dont think thats true at all.

48 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

a scary thought.

Ozzy for president!!

The Libertarian guy got crucified in the press when he was unable to name a foreign leader he admired. The press falsely spun the narrative that he was stupid and didn't know the names of any foreign leaders. I know the names of dozens of them and can't think of even one I admire either.

"... It’s one thing to be despised or held in contempt or feared, but to be ridiculed or pitied is a terrible thing. ..."

Nope, the contempt and despise things still trump all else. Those 'allies' all hate Americans and are to be feared, especially when they get to drinking which they do pretty well in Thailand. I don't think any of them fear Americans.