How to get rid of marks on glossy tile floor?

oMega69

Just now, lopburi3 said:

Have never heard of any way to remove - damaged tile normally means replacement.  But I am no expert by any means so there might be a way these days.  

Might be soo. . but its possible to replace a singel tile right ?

Possible I suspect; but not easy as often installed without any space between and you would have to have a replacement to fit (tiles change frequently and those of another batch often will not match well - always good to buy a bit extra just in case). 

if  its the plastic  foot  of the sofa leaving the mark a sharp blade  will slice off the excess plastic  on the tile, but it  must be sharp ie NEW and undamaged, or  as mentioned cif available from village  market I think, could try white spirit /turpentine.

Toothpaste might also do it if  u cant find cif.

You could try the finest grade wet and dry emery paper. Try it first in a little spot where it won't be noticed. I once cut a black granite bench top to shape and used it to polish the cut edges. It did a really good job.

If it is a scratch that has gone through the glaze your stuffed. Don't use abrasives on it, you will make it worse..If it is just stuff of the sofa feet then use a razor blade, any remaining stuff use cellulose thinners.

If a bad scratch a tiler can replace a tile, had it done here, they use an angle grinder to cut it up and chisel out..

14 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Possible I suspect; but not easy as often installed without any space between and you would have to have a replacement to fit (tiles change frequently and those of another batch often will not match well - always good to buy a bit extra just in case). 

I don't think these tile guys here will have any problem with that, but if the color doesn't match right your screwed, so yes an extra box of each kind is very important, I can't tell you how many ugly patch jobs on roofs in america Ive seen, That requires keeping many extra out in the sun somewhere to match fading, not likely many will or could do that though.

Try some bleach straight from the bottle. Just dab on the marks and let dry. Keep applying until the marks are gone and then rinse off.  I have used this to remove marks from tiles such as you mention and small marks and makeup stains from white granite benchtops (where I used a cotton bud to apply).

Obviously take care when near carpet, mats, clothing etc.

WD40, Acetone(nail polish remover), hairspray(do it quick) gaffer tape(stick it on the floor then rip it off) Orange or lemon essential oil.

WD40 is also good for keeping Pigeons away from your house, just to let you know.

It is full of Fish Oil and for some reason Pigeons and even a lot of birds hate the smell.

41 minutes ago, psmiller said:

WD40, Acetone(nail polish remover), hairspray(do it quick) gaffer tape(stick it on the floor then rip it off) Orange or lemon essential oil.

WD40 is also good for keeping Pigeons away from your house, just to let you know.

It is full of Fish Oil and for some reason Pigeons and even a lot of birds hate the smell.

@psmiller:  Never heard of WD40 as a pigeon deterrent before.  Sounds like a great idea.   How long does 1 application last? 

2 hours ago, avander said:

@psmiller:  Never heard of WD40 as a pigeon deterrent before.  Sounds like a great idea.   How long does 1 application last? 

Avander, not sure how long it lasts. I just apply when necessary. I sprayed once for sparrows and they never returned, but the pigeons always come back. So when they do i just spray again. I get a 4 litre container from Home Pro around 900 bht, then put is in a hand pump pressures garden spray.