Jomtien: Retirement extensions address proof when you own condo

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thanks. I appreciate it.

But frankly, if they were really bothering condo owners for not filing forms (other than address reports) about residing in their own condo, I think there would have been a LOT more news about this.

I'm hearing some news, but can you show me one news story about enforcement against a condo owner not filing a form about living in her own condo?

There's a recent thread where a retirement extension was refused as no TM30 had been filed against the address. I believe they was also fined.Why not just take your Chanote as proof of address for your extension if your the owner?

Edited by Ronuk
  • Like 1

Just now, Ronuk said:

There's a recent threadvwhere a retirement extension was refused as no TM30 had been filed against the address. Why not just take your Chanote as proof of address for your extension if your the owner?

Yes, I can do that.

But I need more info about what you're saying. 

Was that Jomtien?

Was that an owner of a condo?

I would expect a problem like that if you were renting, etc. 

On 10/4/2016 at 2:00 PM, KittenKong said:

August 2016. Electric bill. No questions asked.

Follow up question based on later replies.

Have you ever reported your address to Jomtien in any other way than 90 day address reports?

Others seem to feel that we're now supposed to do special reports in addition to that of ourselves living in our own owned condos.

I remain skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, I can do that.

But I need more info about what you're saying. 

Was that Jomtien?

Was that an owner of a condo?

I would expect a problem like that if you were renting, etc. 

I'm not sure where it was. It was around 2 weeks ago. It was in this visa forum though. I believe it's down to this crackdown of some immigration offices insisting you reporting your address within 24 hours each and everytime time you enter the country. Wasn't someone find 4000bht last week in Pattaya for not being at a reported address?

I believe you certainly need to register your address.

7 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

I'm not sure where it was. It was around 2 weeks ago. It was in this visa forum though. I believe it's down to this crackdown of some immigration offices insisting you reporting your address within 24 hours each and everytime time you enter the country. Wasn't someone find 4000bht last week in Pattaya for not being at a reported address?

I believe you certainly need to register your address.

Well, I've been doing 90 day reports religiously.

I really do think if there was a major crackdown demanding additional reporting of condo owners living in their own condos, this would be MAJOR news here on this forum already, and I haven't noticed that.

There must be many many THOUSANDS of such foreign condo owners here on long term visas and I'm fairly confident that it's not common for such people to do additional reports (beyond 90 day ones) about living in their own residences. I could be wrong ... don't evidence that I am as yet. 

Am I wrong? 

Also, IF there has really been some kind of major change in enforcement policy about this, WHY wasn't I told that the last time I went in for an in person 90 day address report? If they're trying to "catch" people about this, there I was. No mention of it.

I mean really are we supposed to read minds of what's required or not? 

Edited by Jingthing

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I really do think if there was a major crackdown demanding additional reporting of condo owners living in their own condos, this would be MAJOR news here on this forum already, and I haven't noticed that.

There must be many many THOUSANDS of such foreign condo owners here on long term visas. 

You can only do what you feel is right for you.

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There must be many many THOUSANDS of such foreign condo owners here on long term visas and I'm fairly confident that it's not common for such people to do additional reports (beyond 90 day ones) about living in their own residences. I could be wrong ... don't evidence that I am as yet. 

Am I wrong? 

The crackdown isnt about owners reporting themselves per say, its more about any owner, Thai or foreign, not reporting foreigners living in there condo, house etc. You could be living at your girlfriends house, there are reports of the girlfriend getting fined for not putting in the TM30. 

If you were renting, you would call your owner and say there is a crackdown, can you submit a TM30. But in your case, you need to go into the bathroom and look in the mirror to talk to the owner.

1 hour ago, TerryLH said:

It shows your phone bill is sent to that address, but it's not obvious that it indicates ownership. 

Got to agree with that, I have received phone bills at 4 different addresses over the past 10 years and haven't owned any of them.  Having said that the issue under discussion is about where you live rather than who owns anything.

First week this September ret. extension , just delivered copy lease (same address for 4 years ..)  , no TM30 asked , year before no copy lease as before never needed / asked...., Drivers licenc 5 years was ok , the year before that (first ret Ext.) NOTHING asked for address, this all at jomtien immigration.

6 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Nothing to do with 90 day report, just heard about it recently. (Chiang Mai, Elite Card, working outside Thailand commuting to my Own condo).

Went to CM immigration Monday, showed Chanote, finned 1600 baht!

No biggy.

OK, that's Chiang Mai.

I've yet to hear of anything like that happening at Jomtien to a condo owner who has failed to report living in his own condo. (Beyond 90 day address reports.)

It seems to me if this was happening there would be specific threads about it. There are so many foreigners living in their own condos here! 

Edited by Jingthing

It is recently a deal in CM. People are experiencing delays getting extensions because their landlords/owners (mostly Thai people) have not been reporting them or are in BKK, not available to pay fines. At least for once they are not just fleecing the frang.

22 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

It is recently a deal in CM. People are experiencing delays getting extensions because their landlords/owners (mostly Thai people) have not been reporting them or are in BKK, not available to pay fines. At least for once they are not just fleecing the frang.

Yeah, but talking here about foreign owner occupants of condos. No landlord. 

• Like 1

On 05/10/2016 at 4:58 PM, Jingthing said:

Follow up question based on later replies.

Have you ever reported your address to Jomtien in any other way than 90 day address reports?

I put my address on my extension application every year. I dont put anything on my 90-day report as it is entirely computerised. I imagine that it still shows my address, but I have no certain knowledge of that as I never see the form that they print out.

So the answer is that I report my address once a year on my extension application.

2 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Just a related point but strictly enforced here whether TM 28/TM30. Stay in a hotel one night they expect a new report. Quite burdensome procedure for some.

Not sure what you're talking about. Yes, it's well known hotels are required to report foreign guests. But suppose that foreign guest is condo owner, when  he goes back to his condo ... then the condo owner is supposed to report going back? I don't think that's really happening.

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I put my address on my extension application every year. I dont put anything on my 90-day report as it is entirely computerised. I imagine that it still shows my address, but I have no certain knowledge of that as I never see the form that they print out.

So the answer is that I report my address once a year on my extension application.

I meant TM 28 or 30 (if I got those forms right) not 90 day address reports ... so I guess your answer to my question is NO as I expect it would be for most all condo owners residing in their condos here. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure what you're talking about. Yes, it's well known hotels are required to report foreign guests. But suppose that foreign guest is condo owner, when  he goes back to his condo ... then the condo owner is supposed to report going back? I don't think that's really happening.

It most certainly is.  Sorry to dump this info on a Jomtien forum hopefully it does not spread south.  If you doubt the veracity of my post don't bother with the rest of what I write here just check the 8 pages of reponses

regarding TM30 experience in the Chiang Mai subsection.

Anyway  everybody who has business with immigration found not in compliance with 24 hour reporting is being sent to the relevant section in CM and is getting charged 1600 baht. If you are renting it is your landlords responsibility, and one can't get anything done until the landlord takes care of it. If one is the owner you are personably responsible to file a TM 30 every time you arrive at your own residence from any other location using the same law as applies to hotels. No way to do online, but supposedly a few Condos in CM are set up to do reports and handling it for their resident owner. It is handled here in Building 3 at CM airport immigration. Day I was there the specific office would have been empty if not for several people there who I talked to. I did not know of this new requirement until recently. Immigration has been around my condo and Thailand Elite members were all notified by email newsletter. (BTW "some knowledgeable people" think this is a misinterpretation of the hotel/immigration act).  It has nothing to do with 90 day reporting or what one writes on an arrival card. I asked if I go to Bangkok and stay one day do I have to report back again. "YES, within 24 hours,  next time show receipt no fine "

Edited by Dipterocarp

On 10/6/2016 at 4:10 AM, Rorri said:
4 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Just a related point but strictly enforced here whether TM 28/TM30. Stay in a hotel one night they expect a new report. Quite burdensome procedure for some.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

1 hour ago, Dipterocarp said:

It most certainly is.  Sorry to dump this info on a Jomtien forum hopefully it does not spread south.  If you doubt the veracity of my post don't bother with the rest of what I write here just check the 8 pages of reponses

regarding TM30 experience in the Chiang Mai subsection.

Recently I read that someone was told at Hua Hin Immigrations that every time they returned to Hua Hin they needed to report their location.  Can't find the post now.  (Might have been on another forum?)

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I meant TM 28 or 30 (if I got those forms right) not 90 day address reports ... so I guess your answer to my question is NO as I expect it would be for most all condo owners residing in their condos here. 

I have never completed a TM28 or TM30 and have never been asked for one.

Hence my interest in getting clarification as to whether it is necessary or not and, if it is necessary, whether it has to be done every time one returns to ones habitual place of residence after a period spent elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I have never completed a TM28 or TM30 and have never been asked for one.

Hence my interest in getting clarification as to whether it is necessary or not and, if it is necessary, whether it has to be done every time one returns to ones habitual place of residence after a period spent elsewhere.

Thanks. Me too! They really ought to announce this formally especially in Pattaya. There must be THOUSANDS of us in that situation. 

• 4 weeks later...

I can now provide an answer to my own O.P. with a recent report.

Condo owner living in condo.

Doing 90 day reports for years (now with printouts, no filling out forms).

Phone bill provided as proof of address for extensions for several years.

Phone bill STILL accepted.

No request for copies of blue book with name in it or not.

No request for copies of condo chanote.

No demand to file TM28, TM30, or TM whatever regarding address proof.

Good news.

• Like 1