Duterte tells Obama 'you can go to hell'

webfact

8 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

yup! there is only one country in the world with a "holier than though attitude". meddler-numero-uno!

I don't take that kind of comment seriously. The world, overall, has been better off with American leadership and naturally people gripe about it, that's human nature, but imagine the kind of nation that would REPLACE American world leadership. Worse, much worse.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry, I don't. My privilege to so.

I didn't say the USA hasn't made big mistakes. 
I am saying overall the world has been better off with the USA as a dominant world leader for the main reason, the alternatives, which you can easily imagine, would be much worse. 

sure, your privileges are for you to keep. by the same token, i suppose the Filipinos who support their president can also maintain their privilege to tell others to butt out. specially to critics who have done far worse. 

sorry, but the alternatives are not that easy for me to imagine. do elaborate. but that's fine, it's also your privilege not to.

1 hour ago, irwinfc said:

sure, your privileges are for you to keep. by the same token, i suppose the Filipinos who support their president can also maintain their privilege to tell others to butt out. specially to critics who have done far worse. 

sorry, but the alternatives are not that easy for me to imagine. do elaborate. but that's fine, it's also your privilege not to.

So you are saying the US has done far worse than the Philippines? By what yard stick?  Please elaborate.

1 hour ago, irwinfc said:

I agree that Duterte has the right to sabotage his nation's relationship with the USA. We'll see how that works out for the Philippines. 

Ok, I haven't been keeping up with this thread, maybe it's been said already, but something that doesn't make sense is this guy claims he's ready to face off with the Chinese over the disputed islands, then he's says he's ready to trade off US relations for alliance with the Chinese. 

I think he wants to be like that knucklehead in North Korean, with his face in the international headlines every day. 

Edited by bendejo