where to walk/run for exercise?

vento

Hi, does anyone in CM have a idea where i can go/drive and take a good long walk for exercise, maybe even running?

Perfect place would have no or little car/traffic, so i was wondering if there was some places/tracks for this

Thanks in advance

^^ They did say they can drive there.

The good thing about Huay Tung Tao is that the bike/walking lane leading up to it from the car park does a loop. Used to run/cycle there a lot. 18.860384, 98.959061 -- co-ords to the small car park just off the main road.

The Huay Kaew waterfall area also has some pleasant walking and can even run around Bad Huak Park in town.

Hubby walks around the outer portion of the moat most mornings before 7 am.  He says that after 7 am there is too much vehicle traffic and he thinks the air quality gets too bad.  He says the footpaths around the inner moat aren't a good idea because there are too many dogs.  It's not a good route for running however, because of too many obstacles.  

The McD's, Burger King and CM Ram hospital have access to 24 hr toilets, with coffee at McD's and BK.

He says the "Changing of the Guard", around 5 am at Thapae Gate is interesting.  That's when the Ladyboys go off duty and the Monks take over.  

• Like 2

Not sure what part of town interests you most, but many people enjoy running just outside Royal Flora Ratchapruek in the mornings and evenings. They open a section of road from the guard house near the first traffic circle to the second circle by the entrance of the park. Vehicle access is limited to those who are going in to park, which is nice because it makes the area relatively vehicle-free. There's plenty of parking and no access fee. The surfaces are well maintained. There's even a coin-operated vending machine for cold drinks at the entrance to the park - perfect after a long run.

Another option nearby the first is the new bike path along Canal Road that runs from the Samoeng intersection up toward Thanon Ratchapruek. It too is very smooth and protected from traffic, since it's brand new and a divider separates it from the main road. Not too many bikers using it, so I think it'd be plenty safe for running as well.

thanks for the replys.. a few options here.. ill check out the lake close to the 700 stadium, at it seems that im only a few kilometer away.. 10 min in car.

if im not mistaken its on the way to mae rim or that direction.

but ill check out the other options as well... might as well see it all :)

The problem with this city is there are not any parks close to the city centre. Just compare it with Bangkok where you will find green spots in many parts of the city .   So here I have to drive 12-14 km's to get to the nearest place I can go walking/running.    It's a shame really but too late to do anything about it now. 

Edited by balo

Lanna Rama 9 park just before Lanna golf course has paved track, quite large and they have just installed brand new exercise equipment, lots of stations towards the bsck of the park.
I was there today and most still had their plastic wrapping on them. So I expect in full use by next week.
Really quiet in the mornings, but no lights for evening work outs. Maybe they will be fitted later.
There's a swimming pool next door in the golf club complex.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

• Like 1

The problem with this city is there are not any parks close to the city centre. Just compare it with Bangkok where you will find green spots in many parts of the city .   So here I have to drive 12-14 km's to get to the nearest place I can go walking/running.    It's a shame really but too late to do anything about it now. 

Yes run in BKK and suck bad air everyday.

Strange how so many others easily find places to walk and run here.

12 hours ago, balo said:

As mentioned, Suan Buak Haad Park, in the southwest corner of the Old City is fairly large, very green, popular and just about smack dab in the center of the city.  OK it's a little less than 1 km from the city center.

If you don't consider Three Kings Monument to be the center of the city, as is it is traditionally defined, then there have been many other options presented here.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The running track at Mae Jo uni is great for running or walking after 6pm when it is cooler. Lots of students, many just strolling socially, but easy for runners too. Open to all and not that far from the city by car, Also has outdoor exercise machines.