Money needed for retirement extension- I got sloppy

Actually that is rather common desire as they can actually confirm that figure - if they use today they may have to put a block on your account to make sure you do not withdraw funds after getting letter as the letter puts them on record as you having that amount at end of date indicated on letter.

46 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

My bank book now shows I was down a bit one day, and up the next.

My relationship with the bank-

When I went in, I had already been "under" and back up again.

And I had yet to update my passbook to show this.

My passbook showed me as always being over the minimum.

So I thought the bank might likely say- Let's update your bank book right now and we will give you a letter based on what it shows.

Instead, after my explaining, they were quite happy to base the letter on what I had in the bank the morning of the day before.

I took this to be a definite kindness on their part.

I still don't get your situation.

The bank letter for immigration must very fresh. Some offices even same day. Are you going in now with that letter? Does the balance on the letter match your last balance in your passbook? It must. Sorry, but the more you post about what's going on with your bank book, the foggier it gets (to me). 

OK, now reading back I am getting it more, sorry about that.

Bank letter was on Oct. 5, and I go to Immigration on Oct. 10. That should be fine, yes?

OK, that's not very fresh. Whether they accept that letter or not is UP to immigration. It would be OK in Jomtien but definitely not OK at Bangkok.

Not sure about your office.

Issue I see ... if the letter is fresh enough, the date of the BANK LETTER is AFTER the day where you went under, correct?

If so, that sounds possibly problematical.

I've never over the years heard a case like that. 

With the passbook copies, they'll be able to see that clearly.

Maybe I'm wrong. That's just how I see it now. 

Anyway, if I'm right and it is how I see it now, letter not fresh/date of letter AFTER the account went under ... my take is you're going to have to be lucky with a merciful officer. Again, good luck!

Edited by Jingthing

9 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

I went under the limit on Wed afternoon, and then back up on Thursday morning.

The bank letter was made showing my final balance as of Wednesday morning, so just BEFORE I went under. 

Was the bank letter the actual date of the bank letter or did they PRE- date the bank letter to match the date BEFORE you went under. I assume the bank insisted on dating the letter the actual date. That sounds like it might be a red flag to me. Of course, if the bank had dated the letter before the actual date the letter was issued, that would be ... highly irregular. 

In either case, regardless of which date on the letter, do you know your office rules for how FRESH the bank letters must be? It varies by office from same day as application to about a week old OK. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Anon999 said:

The balance can be made up by income so get an embassy letter organised on-line or it's start from scratch.

How does one organise an Embassy letter on line?  

Some Embassies require personal attendance to sign an affidavit and others will only supply a letter by post against provided proof of income.

I've  heard even letting a fixed deposit mature and "roll-over" during the seasoning period can be a disqualification.  That being stated, I would give my left pinky to deal with CR Immigration,  instead of CM...perhaps a "gift  from the heart" will resolve this.  Otherwise, it's only a 16 hour bus ride to Vientiane, and temps should be dropping below 40c any day now.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

Well... they turned me down.

If I had returned the money to my account the same day I think they would have let it slide, but I took it out the afternoon of one day and put it back on the morning of the next day 

The immigration guy said he would like to help me but he has to show his superior. She immediately said "No"

And I cannot go to Mae Sai and back again. I have to fly out of the country. Why do you think it is necessary to fly out?

He said I can go and come back on the same day if I like.

So, as he said, come back in on a tourist visa and then I can go to Mae Sai immigration and get it converted to a Non-O.

Will I have to wait 3 months to do this?

Not sure, because of the seasoning of money.

I did not think to ask at the time. 

I am thinking that VietJet out of Bangkok is my cheapest option. $106 round trip.

Does someone know which airport that fly out of?

Edited by charliebadenhop

3 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

If I had returned the money to my account the same day I think they would have let it slide, but I took it out the afternoon of one day and put it back on the morning of the next day 

The immigration guy said he would like to help me but he has to show his superior. She immediately said "No"

And I cannot go to Mae Sai and back again. I have to fly out of the country. Why do you think it is necessary to fly out?

So, as he said, come back in on a tourist visa and then I can go to Mae Sai immigration and get it converted to a Non-O.

I am thinking that VietJet out of Bangkok is my cheapest option. $106 round trip.

Your best option now would be to obtain a single entry "O" visa from Vientiane, Laos or from Penang, Malaysia. 

You will need to demonstrate you have the money to get the visa but it does not have to be 'seasoned'.

Then apply for an extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the visa will provide.

19 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

if you could convert a 30 on arrival to an O at immigration that would be nice...then you would have time to reseason.  Otherwise..my condolences....just try to make the most of it and have a good time in Vientiane...if you just need to go out and in, consider CM to KL...non-stop.  Guess you won't need a reentry permit.  good luck.

I wonder why MaeSai is out?  There is a lady there that has always been really nice to me.

Edited by KhonKaenKowboy

8 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I wonder why MaeSai is out?  There is a lady there that has always been really nice to me.

They do not allow a crossing unless you have a valid Thai visa for re-entry. No crossing for a visa exempt entry are allowed there now.

30 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Mae Sai does not allow a crossing for a visa exempt entry. You could go to the crossing at Chiang Khong to Laos to get one.

I'm very sorry to hear they turned you down.

Yes, over the years as I said before here, immigration has a reputation for showing little tolerance for the seasoning enforcement for 800K applications.

I do have a question. Did you consider getting an income letter in Bangkok to try again? If so, you should have asked them if they would enforce account seasoning if you came back with a COMBO application based on your current original O visa which they rejected to extend. If so, that would be out as an option.

About a new O visa, my view is that as that would be STARTING OVER, the money seasoning for that would be TWO MONTHS, not three. Ubonjoe may want to confirm.

Best of luck. 

8 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

Ubonjoe,

I could have gone to Chang Khong today and exited and come back in on a tourist visa?!

Anyone have experience with going to Vietnam?

You would of gotten a 30 day visa exempt entry not a tourist visa. The 30 day entry can be extended for 30 day at an immigration office.

Where ever you go you should get a single entry non-o visa unless you are just going to do a border hop.

Not sure about getting a non-o in Vietnam.