Father sees his two year old daughter crushed to death by the school van

webfact

Father sees his two year old daughter crushed to death by the school van

a4.jpg

Image: Daily News

PHRAE: -- A father emerged from his house in Phrae to welcome home his two year old daughter but saw her crushed in front of his eyes by the school van bringing her home.

Two year old Kamonwan Tanrin or "Nong Fang" had got off the bus with her ten year old brother Jittaphan. But she had run in front of the van and was run over on Wednesday, reports Daily News.

This was just as her dad Wirachat, 33, came out to get his angel. He rescued her from under the wheel of the van but she was already dead, a fact that was confirmed at the hospital.

The accident happened on Wednesday evening after Nong Fang came home from Pre-K at Rabiab Phitaya school in the Toyota van driven by Prawin Joha, 47.

Prawin said he would fully compensate the family but Long district police are involved and he will likely face charges over the matter.

The little girl's funeral will be held at home on Saturday.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-07

Any clown who has a mini bus can drive children to/from school.

No training, no brains, no thought about taking care of the children in their care, just drop them off drive away.

Shocking thing for her father to see. \

My sympathies to her family. 

School bus and school van drivers are just like most drivers in Thailand... Driving badly, fast and with no care for others (you can say I generalize or that other countries are worse, but you can't deny there is huge room for improvement).

it comforts me in my choice to take my children to school myself, even if I loose valuable time, I just can't let these maniacs take care of the people I love the most who happen to be defenseless.

But as with many other matters, if you don't face real punishment, there is no incentive to get better...

Things would be better if laws were actually just applied (I am not asking for the level of control that western countries have though, I enjoy the general freedom you can experience here as opposed to many nanny states).

Even if I have been living here for 7 years and understand the Thai way of thinking quite well, I am still shocked when I read that the driver says he will fully compensate the family for killing their daughter... How can money make things better is beyond my comprehension?

But as officials in the Koh Tao said to the family of the poor murdered Hannah, the parents just have to make another one...

Reading the news is usually a good way to loose faith in humanity as a whole, but at the rate things are going it won't be too long before this planet is free of us... Just a glitch in the evolution, a bad experiment...

“Prawin said he would fully compensate the family…”

Just another sign that many Thais know the cost of everything but have no idea of their value. How the hell can he fully compensate for a life he stole from this family? 

Until people are made to pay with long imprisonment and adequate monetary fines, for acts that show total disregard for life,  this type of tragedy will never be reduced. 

Once again Mai Pen Rai rules the value system. 

Edited by jaltsc

Just now, terminatorchiangmai said:

Why are Thai's a;ways in a hurry ?

A good driver would let the children out and make sure the area of the car would be safe to drive away , not sit behind the wheel and wait till someone closes the door.

Another life wasted , R.I.P. little one.

"Thais always in a hurry" -  only when it comes to driving. RIP indeed.

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Everything is so dangerous here. You would think that people would develop a sense of caution. But the opposite seems to occur.

Aye, I could not agree more.  Self interest and self preservation just never seems to be in the mix not to mention an iota of concern for others.   If they hurt themselves or hurt you they just don't give a crap.

2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Why are Thai's a;ways in a hurry ?

A good driver would let the children out and make sure the area of the car would be safe to drive away , not sit behind the wheel and wait till someone closes the door.

Another life wasted , R.I.P. little one.

They are only always in a hurry, when motorized!

2 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Tragic and for the poor Parents to witness this.

what horrifies me also, is the Driver of the  van pointing, that sent shivers up my spine....

Poor Child her life had just started....

God bless her....

I apologize, but what if there's no god?  Especially when you consider that Thailand is a Buddhist country.

Wasn't Buddha a human being and not a mystic over the water running guy and all the weird stuff you can read in the bible? The "God bless her" will indeed help her a lot.