Km service on motorbikes

hansiver

In my familiy we have 3 Honda motorbikes. 1 CBR 250 R , one Honda  PCX and my wifes Honda Spacy. Ewerytime when its time for service I take them to one of the local Honda dealers, in my small city there 3 of them. Ewerytime I come  they welcome me and ask what I want. I always answer service and I always show them the KM on the odometer so the mecanic should know wich service I am in for. Ewery time they will change oil and thats it. So know I have starte to print out picture of what Honda say the service should include. On my PCX who had its 16 000km service yesterday, I had printed out picture of spark plug and air cleaner and wrote in Thai replace.  The mecanic changed it. Then I told him to open and ceck for the drive belt. No no he said. And then he wright 24 000 km on a piece of paper. Not change but clean, I told him again. No no 24 000 km he showed me the paper one more time.  So it was not posible to make him open and ceck the belt. I gave up. In the book from Honda it says that they should also ceck the tires, brakes, light and many more things. They will not do it.And the wall is full of cerificates from Honda. I wonder, isnt Honda cecking their dealers? I have now tried all the 3 Honda  shops in the city, and same same. Is it only like this here  in Buriram erea or is it same same all over Thailand?

Sorry fro band English

43 minutes ago, hansiver said:

Buriram erea or is it same same all over Thailand?

Probably the same all over Thailand.

You have to tell them what you want doing, make sure you watch them do the things you want or they might not get done.

most of the time  they work on the " if it isn't broken  don't fix it"  principle

..when the belt breaks then its time to open the cover and change the belt.

Edited by johng

11 minutes ago, hansiver said:

Next time my CBR 250 need service, I am thinking about drive it to Pattaya (Big Wing) is this a better garage?

I am pretty sure that Honda big wing do not service smaller displacement bikes.

I have had 3 Honda waves that have never gone back to the Honda dealer after purchase, basically for the reasons you stated.

In Buriram there are a couple of surprisingly good motorcycle mechanics.

One I can highly recommend is Mr Ohm who is located near the university. He will do whatever you ask him to do.Prices are the same or better than the Honda dealer. Definitely worth a look.

buriram-map.jpg

3 hours ago, papa al said:

PM for details.

What's the secret ?    if the shop is good then tell everyone where it is.

same place that did  the cylinder re skim and piston replacement ? never did get  proper directions  that place you recommended in another thread.