Nana blockade! Soi 3 sealed off as 200 police swoop and make arrests

rooster59

4 hours ago, darrendsd said:

No it's called spreading the truth, the truth the mainstream press don't want you to know

Do a google search for the real facts

l wouldn't waste anymore time with him.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You should be looking for criminals based on specific actions not colour.

They were checking on specific actions, it just happens that the ones in this case displaying the specific actions were black.

Manager reported that out of 30 tourists (dark skinned) checked there were 6 who had no passport and showed positive for drug use with a purple urine test.

Friday night on Suk Soi 3, and a force of 200 police could only manage to find 30 Africans in the area??? You gotta be joking.

Either some folks were tipped off in advance and managed to slip away. Or the Thai police in their usual fashion took their sweet time in getting down to business.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Friday night on Suk Soi 3, and a force of 200 police could only manage to find 30 Africans in the area??? You gotta be joking.

Either some folks were tipped off in advance and managed to slip away. Or the Thai police in their usual fashion took their sweet time in getting down to business.

Or they didn't stop every black person that they encountered.

2 minutes ago, Tiffer said:

We have compelling evidence of blacks dealing drugs in Soi 3 ergo we will target blacks because that is the most efficient and effective use of our resources.

Next week we will target people with chips on their shoulders. 

If you have compelling evidence then arrest those specific individuals you have evidence against.

Evidence not suspicion based on colour.

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

They were checking on specific actions, it just happens that the ones in this case displaying the specific actions were black.

Yeah right, such an efficient method racial profiling, eh.

Who needs evidence when you have prejudice.

5 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

It would be hard not to have a clue. The most modest surveillance would lead anybody to conclude that it is an area that has many Africans dealing in narcotics. Even a 5 year old child knows this. Bluespunk is just talking in circles. almost everybody else reading this understands what goes on in that area and who the main culprits are.

His principles are right, but his sense of geography is lacking.  :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If you have compelling evidence then arrest those specific individuals you have evidence against.

Evidence not suspicion based on colour.

Isn't that what they were doing?

Wake up!

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Not really.

The cops put on a good show and again, have a nagging feeling that's all that really mattered.  I also like TallGuy's comment.  A 200 man police operation would be awfully hard to keep secret, especially if some of the street cops have sideline business arrangements on Soi 3.

My last comment on the matter is this. Thai cops are undoubtedly racist and black people on lower Suk are dealing drugs. One fact isn't exclusive of the other. So in Thailand being this is the way it is you will not get police action without racism as if you eliminated it with in the police department there would be nobody left to enforce the law. 

That being said they are equal opportunity racists. It isn't just black people it is anybody who isn't Thai pretty much. they have conducted raids based upon race for Cambodians, Burmese, Indians, Malaysians, Blacks and last but not least Caucasians. In this sense the latest raid on lower Suk is actually inclusive. We wouldn't want to leave anybody out after all. 

7 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Or they didn't stop every black person that they encountered.

I suspect you're right.  I'm not nearly as disturbed by what the cops did, as by the way it was reported (minor wonderment there) and the reaction of a lot of posters here who seem to think that every single black person in Thailand is up to no good.

This post got 12 pages of comments already? It is not much to talk about my friends. Just good that they do the checks.
I am certain about that they checked both white and black people, but this was the nights the black failed more.

However disregarding what color of the skin, it´s just nice that they start to clean up and get rid of all that doesn´t belong here.
Everybody with the right papers, nice attitude and a clear concience have nothing to worry about.

So, just to continue live the happt life in Thailand.

Don't forget, the police just recently raided the Ethiopian restaurant / night club there, and arrested various folks for various offenses. So this may have been a follow-up to that episode.

BTW, in addition to the drug dealing clearly going on there, there's also a band of "dark skinned" hookers who have been working out of the area, and often can sometimes be seen eating in the Foodland coffee shop there with their customer de jour.

FWIW, it's not James Earl Jones, Bishop Tutu and the like who are hanging out on the streets down there, and now more recently around the Margarita Storm restaurant at the corner of Suk Soi 15.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

16 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

It would be hard not to have a clue. The most modest surveillance would lead anybody to conclude that it is an area that has many Africans dealing in narcotics. Even a 5 year old child knows this. Bluespunk is just talking in circles. almost everybody else reading this understands what goes on in that area and who the main culprits are.

Yeah right, that's what I'm doing...

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm very happy here.

I take people as I find them.

Based on who they are, not their colour.

Commendable.  I do the same.  Which has absolutely no bearing on how the RTP operates or the fact Asia, generally speaking, is a fairly racist/xenophobic place.

5 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

The cops put on a good show and again, have a nagging feeling that's all that really mattered.  I also like TallGuy's comment.  A 200 man police operation would be awfully hard to keep secret, especially if some of the street cops have sideline business arrangements on Soi 3.

There I agree, it was all for show. No real concern about stopping drug dealing.

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, they were stopping people based on colour.

And as to my state of wakefulness, I don't need advise from you...

I think it is great that you have convictions and that you are will to represent an insignificant minority. 

3 hours ago, ttthailand said:

So I guess when the Thai police shut down a bar on walking street in Pattaya and test all the farang that that is racist too ? Or is it that the bar is full of white farang who just happen to be in the area. Stop pulling the race card every time you don't like something. Many white people are sick and tired of it and it does not help the cause it only creates more hate.

If there are Thais,Indians,Arabs in the bar,of course it is racism.Checking only one type of people is racial profiling.If they piss tested everyone in the bar and only white guys tested positive,thats ok.

These douchebags that hang around lower sukhumvit are the scum of the city... trying to chat everyone up as they walk by. They are the scum of the area who have brought lagos to bangkok. Good on the police for finally doing 'something' about it. They should herd every one of the fvckheads up and vet them one by one, carefully, including their nigerian hoes who are starting to populate soi 4 with their ugliness.
As far as I'm concerned, the only good nigerian in that area is a gone nigerian...

Not wishing to offend anyone in particular; Some of you are idiots that respond to this crap and the the others feed off it !!

As far a Crime, Rioters, Looters, Rapist, Drug Dealers, Drug Users, Pedofiles, believe me I do not give a damn how they catch them. Just get them off the streets, out of the schools and do not let them in the Country to start with. I forgot Terrorist !!

Different ethnics groups have a higher percentage of criminals than others, so where would you think they would look ??

Edited by gchurch259