It's due time someone creates an online database where expats & foreigners can....

Red flag the names, with photos if possible listing any "local" ex-girlfriends or wifes who perpetrated convincing acts of friendship, love & concern, but who's main objective was actually only to live the easy, lazy life while sucking the life blood out of their gullible marks until their funds evaporated.  If I where more tech savvy I would create a website of this type.  It's time for the truly educated to get a leg up, by publicly posting in a database information identifying the "bad people", with brief explanations of any negative experience.  I wouldn't worry about any liable lawsuits because the people who would be listed would not have the legal intelligence to pursue legal action.  Anyway, posters would be the main legal targets anyway.  I doubt the website with the appropriate disclaimers would be legally exposed.

Good idea or not?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SteveSamui6262 said:

I don't think any more silly than Wanted Posters or Amber Alerts.  If such a web tool helped warn even one or two potential victims, it would be beneficial.

You forgot "deformation" in the Land of Smiles...

The idea is silly, because there are always two sides to a case. 

In my opinion you could stuff most women in this world into that database. Because they one way or the other, will cost you if things go wrong. E.g. My ex-wife (farang) cost me more than any Thai-woman ever have. 

Better to make a website on how to use common sense, when with ANY woman in this world.

Edited by khunpa

I've got an interesting perspective on this because I assist elderly expats in Chiang Mai who get into medical difficulties and often have other issues that require "social work" type assistance.  When Lanna Care Net was started by the U.K. and U.S. consulates, the assumption was that many of the gents we'd assist would be those who had been taken to the cleaners by their Thai GF and wives and now were near destitute and unable to pay for needed medical care.  While we've had some cases like that, there have been more cases where the Thai partners have stood by their men and given the best years of their lives caring for guys several decades older than them, guys with problems with alcohol, bad temper, inability to communicate in their language, overweight, grooming issues, etc.  In many cases, these women have been promised large inheritances, that they'd "be taken care of" for the rest of their lives, widow's pensions, the condo would go to them, etc, etc.

Instead what I've seen in an amazing number of cases are guys who have taken advantage of a sweet Thai woman who never thought to ask about things like "could I see a copy of your divorce decree from your previous wife", "have you been paying your U.S. taxes", "what are the passwords for your investment accounts", etc. etc, much less do you have a Final Will or why haven't we registered our marriage at the Amphur?

I've seen cases where guys never bothered to divorce their wife in their home country, so she gets their pension, cases where they don't have a Final Will, so the guy's kids back in the home country inherit at the same level as his Thai wife -- kids that never gave a hoot about him for decades.  Cases where Americans stop filing their Federal Income taxes, yet maintain investment accounts in the U.S.  Oops, Thai wifey has to deal with filing all those back tax returns after Hubby dies.  Cases where the guy owns a condo here, no Final Will and the overseas kids want the Thai wife tossed out so the condo (and car) can be sold so they can get their share of Dad's estate.

2 minutes ago, NancyL said:

I've got an interesting perspective on this because I assist elderly expats in Chiang Mai who get into medical difficulties and often have other issues that require "social work" type assistance.  When Lanna Care Net was started by the U.K. and U.S. consulates, the assumption was that many of the gents we'd assist would be those who had been taken to the cleaners by their Thai GF and wives and now were near destitute and unable to pay for needed medical care.  While we've had some cases like that, there have been more cases where the Thai partners have stood by their men and given the best years of their lives caring for guys several decades older than them, guys with problems with alcohol, bad temper, inability to communicate in their language, overweight, grooming issues, etc.  In many cases, these women have been promised large inheritances, that they'd "be taken care of" for the rest of their lives, widow's pensions, the condo would go to them, etc, etc.

Instead what I've seen in an amazing number of cases are guys who have taken advantage of a sweet Thai woman who never thought to ask about things like "could I see a copy of your divorce decree from your previous wife", "have you been paying your U.S. taxes", "what are the passwords for your investment accounts", etc. etc, much less do you have a Final Will or why haven't we registered our marriage at the Amphur?

I've seen cases where guys never bothered to divorce their wife in their home country, so she gets their pension, cases where they don't have a Final Will, so the guy's kids back in the home country inherit at the same level as his Thai wife -- kids that never gave a hoot about him for decades.  Cases where Americans stop filing their Federal Income taxes, yet maintain investment accounts in the U.S.  Oops, Thai wifey has to deal with filing all those back tax returns after Hubby dies.  Cases where the guy owns a condo here, no Final Will and the overseas kids want the Thai wife tossed out so the condo (and car) can be sold so they can get their share of Dad's estate.

A farang guy has to provide divorce paperwork to marry a Thai lady....Girl friends are just that, girl friends..

4 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Exactly! I too have seen many cases of Farang-men treating their partner horrible and then whining about it, when things go wrong. Thai-women are in my opinion no different from all other women. They just unfortunately have a bad and unfair label stuck to them, due to Thailands well known sex-industry. 

Been happily married to a Thai-woman for 6 years now and wake up everyday to the most caring, decent, honest, lovely and hard-working woman/mother, I have ever known. I definitely will not complain. 

12 minutes ago, transam said:

A farang guy has to provide divorce paperwork to marry a Thai lady....Girl friends are just that, girl friends..

For most UK guys now no point in doing the official marriage unless needed for extensions.

l did it at the time when my wife could get a bereavement payment & a part UK pension when l pegged it but all gone now.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Silly idea,  is the post your way of saying you've been burnt.

Well , you can have a idea , without been burnt, cant you ?

But i like the idea, because where i live there is 1 foreigner living with the Thilak, building house almost 6 million now, motorbike and a new car right now. The families is having the good time i can tell, hes sending money down every month from UK, so every time hes here, all the brother uncles and so on, is living next door to hes leaving again :) cant tell him if i want to live in the same place, and she has a Thai man on the sideline for the last 4 years.

Edited by carstenp

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

For most UK guys now no point in doing the official marriage unless needed for extensions.

l did it at the time when my wife could get a bereavement payment & a part UK pension when l pegged it but all gone now.

Yep, but, if a farang buys land and house AFTER marriage he "should" get half back after divorce..Buy for the GF you get sod all...

I know a guy who bought a lot of land, done their stuff on it before they got married, then he married her not knowing he had no claim on it if it went tits up...

There is no way TF will let posters name and shame people on their website. But of course easy enough to start your own facebook page or group, naming and shaming Thai wives and girlfriends. Just make sure you have a good lawyer and tons of cash for the pay offs to try and avoid jail time after you get arrested.

I thought most people came to Thailand to escape the "nanny state", yet this joker wants a database on some Thai women who conned a few gullible foreigners so that any barstool drunk can write about the 40 year younger girlfriend that didn't love him true.

Frankly, I have never read anything more pathetic. This has got to be a new low.

1 minute ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I thought most people came to Thailand to escape the "nanny state", yet this joker wants a database on some Thai women who conned a few gullible foreigners so that any barstool drunk can write about the 40 year younger girlfriend that didn't love him true.

Frankly, I have never read anything more pathetic. This has got to be a new low.

The OP should be ...."My brains are in my dick"............Can if fix that....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

The idea is silly, because there are always two sides to a case. 

In my opinion you could stuff most women in this world into that database. Because they one way or the other, will cost you if things go wrong. E.g. My ex-wife (farang) cost me more than any Thai-woman ever have. 

Better to make a website on how to use common sense, when with ANY woman in this world.

Would it be like that that famous paperback bestseller "What Every Man Knows About Woman".... with around 900 blank web pages?

1 hour ago, SteveSamui6262 said:

Khunpa.  How true.  Those are good points you made.  Maybe it's  time to go back to the drawing board.

Sheesh....you threw in the towel a bit easy there. Thought we were up for a real Sunday misogynists reunion for a minute.

37 minutes ago, carstenp said:

Well , you can have a idea , without been burnt, cant you ?

But i like the idea, because where i live there is 1 foreigner living with the Thilak, building house almost 6 million now, motorbike and a new car right now. The families is having the good time i can tell, hes sending money down every month from UK, so every time hes here, all the brother uncles and so on, is living next door to hes leaving again :) cant tell him if i want to live in the same place, and she has a Thai man on the sideline for the last 4 years.

Yes but some or most ideas have some-kind of motivation behind them.

As said it can't be done under the computer criminal crime act.

Would you put what you perceive to be happening to the guy in your post on this database.

How do know what their arrangement is. ??

l knew & know of things allegedly of two falang relationships in my village from gossip going around but it's not down to me to be the falang relationship judgement police watcher or any outsider it's up to them to take care of themselves and their own personal business.