Rant: Fab TV and Pattaya One TV

manarak

okay... this is is a rant, you were warned.

As if Pattaya One TV, bringing "Ow-wah Nuus Is Ahways Nuu" on movie channel two wasn't enough, now there is also "Fab TV" or something squatting movie channel one.

The former bring news that is sometimes up to a month old, but especially the same ads for places in decline or tourist traps/scams such as the "floating market" over and over ad nauseum, as well as amateur presenters who look like deer caught in the headlights along with trophy girlfriends who look more inconvenienced than honored by being invited to stammer some words in English on TV - when it's not the other way around when some girls over-act the role and put on some exagerated american accent.

To make things worse, it seems they insist on broadcasting at set times, so it's not a matter of pausing movie programs to send their uninteresting broadcast, but it entails stopping movie program and fill the blanks with inane hidden camera from Belgium or Canada, or the lame "magician secrets" or even worse, the n-th repeat of some lame Mr. Bean program, seemingly dating back to the eighties by the style of it, until the fateful broadcast time is reached for their super-important and acclaimed broadcast.

I heard the FAB TV slogan "so good you might actually want to watch it" ... well, no.

And for those who will say "oh, do you still watch TV at all?", I will reply that I'm sometimes too lazy to look for movies on the NAS, often too lazy to download and whe coming back from somewhere, it's often good to just grab a beer in the fridge and crash on the sofa with a girl or two and watch a movie... In the good old times, there were three to choose from, on movie channel 1, 2 and H channel, but nowadays if unlucky, theres "Ow-wah Nuus Is Ahways Nuu" showing one month old news on channel two and FAB TV "so good you might actually want to watch it" on channel one... then all hopes go to H channel as savior of last resort and it's often a disappointment.

/end of rant, I'll go grab another beer in the fridge

Edited by manarak

What do you expect? Local TV is made by local broadcasters. As with most professions here, they attract rejects and failures as employees. The talented people stay in their home country working for proper broadcasters.

I cancelled my local cable TV as it simply isn't worth 100B a month.

56 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I used to be transfixed by the guy who used to do restaurant reviews on pattaya tv for a few years….had dutch, possibly german accented english.

It was so awkward bad i actually watched just to see if it could get worse….

Take up a hobby or go for a walk.

its got to be better than watching local Tv  in Thailand.  :jap:

Edited by onemorechang