Video at level crossing: Granddad didn't mind the gap but at least the amulets saved everyone

webfact

Video at level crossing: Granddad didn't mind the gap but at least the amulets saved everyone

p5.jpg

Image: Thairath

TRANG: -- A granddad told reporters he did not see or hear a train coming as he went round a level crossing barrier near Na Bon station, Trang on Sunday. But amulets saved the lives of all involved, he claimed.

Suthin Buathip, 65, said he saw a gap so he tried to zig-zag round the barrier - the video of the incident shows that warning lights were flashing at the crossing reports Thairath.

The Vigo pick-up collided with the Bangkok to Yala express that was slowing down to stop at the Na Bon station ahead and was carried many meters down the track. The vechile was virtually destroyed.

Next to Suthin was his wife Kasemsuk Buathip, 58, while their grandson Thammathip, 14, was in the back. Kasemsuk was thrown from the pick-up but survived. Both granddad  and grandson suffered superficial injuries. 

All were treated in hospital.

They were on their way from their home in Sikao, Trang to visit relatives in Nakorn Sri Thammarat.

The train was slowing down for the Na Bon station which was credited with helping save their lives though Suthin was sure it was the amulets worn by himself and his grandson that had saved all three of them.

He said that he had seen the gap but didn't make it in time. And he said he had not heard or seen the train.

After stopping while police and medics processed the scene the express continued on its way to Yala.

The report did not contain any mention of possible charges that might be laid against the driver of the pick-up.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was finally a crossing barrier put in on the tracks near my house but the arms come down ten minutes before the train comes, so therefore everyone, including the police whose station is just next to it and myself ignore them and do what we always did, look up and down the tracks and proceed. 

Don't know about the amulets, but him and his family were lucky little puppies there.

I wonder what charges he is going to face? In his actions, and through his own admission not only did he endanger himself & family members but also all the passengers on that train.

It really is incredible that anyone would do something like that to save a few minutes. I see motorbikes doing this all the time where I am but never vehicles.

12 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I find it hard to believe this guy qualified for a drivers license. Then there are I presume truck payments. Yes the amulet saved the day. Go forth and multiply. 

It's a frightening idea that you share the road with such completely disturbed fellows.

7 minutes ago, dictater said:

There was finally a crossing barrier put in on the tracks near my house but the arms come down ten minutes before the train comes, so therefore everyone, including the police whose station is just next to it and myself ignore them and do what we always did, look up and down the tracks and proceed. 

But this train came in seconds :closedeyes:

And I bet every human with working eyesight and ears could have noticed.

Ears: well if the stereo does not blow too strong.

His fortune: as most of these pros he does not know how to accelerate his vehicle.

If so they could have been smashed to death (or escape :biggrin:)

Edited by KhunBENQ

29 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Just when you think they guy couldn't be dumber, this comes out. Amulets only save lives when nobody dies it seems. Then again you have to break eggs to make omelettes so it all balances out. 

well said.

37 minutes ago, dictater said:

yes  at least that basic  safety measure ought to be observed. 

Belongs to the same pool of stupid idiots who pull out of a U-turn right into the middle bit of the road, oblivious to the fact that an 18-wheeler is barreling towards him/her. And other idiotic deeds on the roads. Never mind, the amulets will save the day. Sounds like this guy (and other idiots like him) has just been thawed from cryopreservation since what... 1766, perhaps.

I highly doubt any amulet aligned with the mighty Buddha would interfere with nature in saving the life of such a demented idiot. He almost killed his family. Get him behind bars, quick, or at the least house arrest so he doesn't remain in society and harm people.

Edited by daveAustin