Seminar: Long-stay Challenges

Lizard2010

11 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

It is obvious that the fires around Chiang Mai and the fumes from cars do not effect us

I am in the city and surrounding are a lot

I have to put up with it   NO I Dont

Plus i see there motorbikes and cars belching smoke out of there exhausts

People want to come to a clean and lees pollutant place to live

It only can be achieved if people follow the rules laid done by the Government

This is not happing with the burning

There should  be a act about smoke from exhausts

I bet this is regulated from you country

It is from mine

This was only one issue

It will take many people to enforce the rules

We can not we can only advise what is effecting the Thaia and us

Thailand does have strict pollution laws believe it or not, these laws are the reason taxis are powered by natural gas and many big rigs are also powered by natural gas. Even with strict pollution control just the sheer number of vehicles will cause a problem. The fact that Chiang Mai is located in a valley doesn't help at all.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem with Chiang Mai Imm is that there is only one person doing extensions of stay,would that be fair to say?

Just raising this one again as it came up at the meeting but appears that one of the main answers is there already but not being utilised for some reason.

Immigrations other office at Prom is supposedly for the disabled and elderly who will have to qualify their disability or age in some way ( yet to be determined- ballot,guns before dawn etc?) to use this facility.

It is a fact that there is already an officer at the new office capable of doing extensions of stay which would double the capacity then why does the problem persist- rhetorical?

Archived