webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, bark said:

Yes, go tell Terrorist, " We are coming to arrest you, at 7:30 pm "

Good Idea.

Why not, the BIB have a track record of announcing arrests, search warrants in advance ?

It's not a good idea but it doesn't stop them.

Anyway if you'd stopped to think you'd realize this isn't about making arrests it's about stifling information about things that have happened or denying there's a potential for bombings as happened a couple of days ago.

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Election? Just investment by some groups in search of quick profits at the expense of...

As opposed to an unelected junta who are in there just for the love of it? 

Never cease to be amazed by the degree of niaivity of you fanboys.

Just now, jesimps said:

No, Jesimps - you are dreadfully, scandalously wrong. The present leaders love the country, adore the people - the salt-of-the-earth farmers and poverty-stricken folk - and only have the nation's best interests at heart. The great ones who lead this nation are motivated by sheer altruism and philanthropy. That is why they despise the greedy Shinawatras - who never gave a penny to the poor, never helped them in the slightest. The present leaders, by contrast, spend sleepless nights devising ways and means of lifting the Thai people out of bondage, serfdom and penury into freedom, democracy and bliss.

Come on, now: you know that's the truth.

Oh! Sorry - I was snoozing and dozing just then  - having a lovely dream ....!

13 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Only when I see politicians of integrity, and not those with bank notes on their hands come election time, the present situation is more desirable...

3 hours ago, bark said:

Note the signs at construction sites across the country. " Safety First " .

Nothing else matters when it comes to stopping these animals.

And remember all the information, is coming from USA, Australia, British , Russian intel.

You're right of course. Intelligence warns of planned bomb attacks being planned for later this month. (Weren't the Aussies, who closely share intelligence with the US and UK services warning of this?).

Authorities act - just as police services in Europe have been doing, and arrest known suspects who they have probably been watching for some time.

But hey, gives some posters the opportunity to bash the government. Had they have not arrested anyone and bombs had gone off then those same posters would have been quick to blame the government too. A common thread there!

34 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Easier to deflect and divert than face the reality of the elected regimes this century.

Or are you suggesting those regimes were open, transparent, ethical and honest? Talking of naive - you'll be saying the UDD leaders were elected next!

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Why not, the BIB have a track record of announcing arrests, search warrants in advance ?

It's not a good idea but it doesn't stop them.

Anyway if you'd stopped to think you'd realize this isn't about making arrests it's about stifling information about things that have happened or denying there's a potential for bombings as happened a couple of days ago.

USA, Russia, China, The big three, and most important countries in the world, share intel to protect their people.

Don't care about the rest. Period.

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

To all you commenters, I hope you are now wondering what your lives will be like for the next few months..

I am thinking that your lives, at least for the expats in Thailand will be changed as of today..

I am hoping to have a real great Holiday in Thailand after Jan2 2017. Good Luck to you all

until then.  For myself, I have not had a negative attitude of the present Government and of

he military, as they have a very difficult job to do, especially now.  I do remember the past,

and it was not as rosy as some of you  seem to remember

Geezer

It is highly unlikely you will receive a "Like" from many on this forum for your sympathy with the current, military government.  Westerners who cheer on juntas in other countries are hard to fathom.

As a tourist, your holiday will not be impacted by those who have usurped power from an elected government.  The sun will shine, the beer will pour and the food will taste the same.  For others who have customers and vendors in Thailand, they have a much tougher time now than before.

Hope your visit brings joy to the average Thai and to yourself of course.

this kind of data is sensitive and at times it becomes necessary to keep it a secret.

certainly some detentions will be necessary to contain an impending attack and the the public should show full support for all action being taken to fight terror.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:04 AM, dotpoom said:

All politicians promise transparency when running for election....then pull down the shutters if they get in.

it can be ensured that there is transparency provided there is a meeting of minds between the government and the people. A responsible people and a responsible government can bring that about. there are living examples of such transparency.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:07 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

To all you commenters, I hope you are now wondering what your lives will be like for the next few months..

I am thinking that your lives, at least for the expats in Thailand will be changed as of today..

I am hoping to have a real great Holiday in Thailand after Jan2 2017. Good Luck to you all

until then.  For myself, I have not had a negative attitude of the present Government and of

he military, as they have a very difficult job to do, especially now.  I do remember the past,

and it was not as rosy as some of you  seem to remember

Geezer

Stargazer9889 these are times of uncertainties. should we not give it a little time to see how things work out before making forecasts.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, bark said:

Note the signs at construction sites across the country. " Safety First " .

Nothing else matters when it comes to stopping these animals.

And remember all the information, is coming from USA, Australia, British , Russian intel.

surely a concerted effort will be necessary to combat the threat, if at all. if some of the innocents suffer for the betterment of the whole society. the risk is worth it. in any case there can never be a perfect operation.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:30 AM, trogers said:

Election? Just investment by some groups in search of quick profits at the expense of...

if the voters are clever enough to  vote the right people in then there can be some redemption. other wise the who cycle repeats itself.

On 14/10/2016 at 11:41 AM, Wazza1 said:

I fully support the raids and any secret detention, they can even torture them for all I care, they can even hold them down and shove bacon in their mouths, good to see a Government not pandering to terrorist wannabes for once.

you are right. fighting the terrorists is not an east task. they know your strength but you do not know theirs. see how tilted the battle field is. they can strike with a knife, a gun, a car , a body worn bomb and even aeroplanes. how to guess what is coming next?

If these people are terrorists.....should the army or police parade them for the media and possibly tip off their criminal brethren of their capture or keep them under wraps, torture the hell out of them until they spill their guts and grab a few more from the new intel.   If they are terrorists no one should mind if they get some rough treatment at the hands of the army or police.

On 10/14/2016 at 10:41 AM, Wazza1 said:

I fully support the raids and any secret detention, they can even torture them for all I care, they can even hold them down and shove bacon in their mouths, good to see a Government not pandering to terrorist wannabes for once.

YES.  I agree with you.  I find it a little strange at the super Liberals on here complaining about human rights.  Go get em Thailand!!

18 hours ago, Wazza1 said:

No, just common sense, you should attempt it sometime! You don't win a fight or a war by being the nice guy, Vietnam should have taught you that.

Oh dear, me - that type of response is bang on for a Trumphite.  The best response I can think of has been quoted many times before. Countries that go to war have never learned from history.  hence the US failed venture into IndoChina. I would have more respect for Trump if he had done as he claimed (falsely), namely  been against warring in the the Middle East.

Edited by sendintheclowns
misspell

On 10/15/2016 at 9:26 AM, BSJ said:

If these people are terrorists.....should the army or police parade them for the media and possibly tip off their criminal brethren of their capture or keep them under wraps, torture the hell out of them until they spill their guts and grab a few more from the new intel.   If they are terrorists no one should mind if they get some rough treatment at the hands of the army or police.

Be ashamed, you apologist of torture and crime.